Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2008, 21:20   #1381
God Member

Re: weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
This I'm aware of .... however, most of the air pollution we have in Canada comes borne on the SW winds from the good ole US of A .... when the winds come from the north or the north west ... good clean Canadian air .... we have clear skies and great air quality. And, for the romantically inclined, star-filled skies at night
Ye but. Ye but. The winds in Darwen, from the north carry the curry aroma from Blackburn and from the south the Black Pudding smells from Bury and Bolton....I'ts a no win situation

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2008, 21:28   #1382
God Member

Eric. just browsed your city web-site and came accross this ......WINTER PARKING BAN
BEGAN DECEMBER 1
Parking is prohibited on City streets from 1 a.m. to 7 a.m. to ensure that snowplows can effectively respond to winter weather events. Car owners who defy the bylaw, risk a fine of up to $40, or possibly having their vehicle towed. Residents are also reminded that parking in the middle of a cul-de-sac is prohibited at all times. The parking prohibition remains in place until the end of March, 2009.

Question , does this apply to all streets or just main streets ?, how do residents who have no off street parking available manage .
just curious
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 21:40   #1383
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Eric. just browsed your city web-site and came accross this ......WINTER PARKING BAN
BEGAN DECEMBER 1
Parking is prohibited on City streets from 1 a.m. to 7 a.m. to ensure that snowplows can effectively respond to winter weather events. Car owners who defy the bylaw, risk a fine of up to $40, or possibly having their vehicle towed. Residents are also reminded that parking in the middle of a cul-de-sac is prohibited at all times. The parking prohibition remains in place until the end of March, 2009.

Question , does this apply to all streets or just main streets ?, how do residents who have no off street parking available manage .
just curious
This applies to all streets ... it is a necessary bylaw, as most of the plowing and sanding is done between 1 and 7 in order not to interfere with traffic .... the roads are plowed promptly, and the snow build up is trucked out. And I don't really know of anyone who has no off-street parking ... houses have driveways, and apt. buidings have lots, or underground parking, with spaces for visitors (you know, if you get lucky and she invites you over to her place)
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 21:41   #1384
God Member

Quote:
BEGAN DECEMBER 1

just curious
I have been reminded many times that this site is designed to promote local issues to Accy and surrounding districts.
Of what interest is it to Accyweb members if some Cowboy gets done $40
for a traffic violation in the Americas?
Apply for a thread to the powers that be that focuses on American issues and I am sure it will be considered, though I don't think it will create much interest.

Old 10-12-2008, 21:55   #1385
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I have been reminded many times that this site is designed to promote local issues to Accy and surrounding districts.
Apply for a thread to the powers that be that focuses on American issues and I am sure it will be considered, though I don't think it will create much interest.
Well, seemingly its of enough interest to two Accy-web users , myself who asked a question and the person who replied , obviously some folks who, maybe being in the early stages of senility (ignorance being one symptom, bad manners another) have no interest .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 22:24   #1386
God Member

Quote:
Well, I guess anti-Americanism is alive and flourishing in sunny Spain ... And I don't mean anti-Bushism, which many people subscribe to, millions of them in the US ... I mean that irrational bias against a truly great republic, based on a denial of all the good that it stands for, and a stressing of the negative. And I seem to remember several well attended threads on the drama of the American Presidential election ...

Canada and the US have many points on which they disagree; but, we are so close as friendly neighbours that I can still cross the border without a passport. All I have to do is show my current Ontario driver's licence.
Old 10-12-2008, 22:33   #1387
God Member

Quote:
Well, seemingly its of enough interest to two Accy-web users , myself who asked a question and the person who replied , obviously some folks who, maybe being in the early stages of senility (ignorance being one symptom, bad manners another) have no interest .
On the edge of senilty I maybe but daft I am not.
In the words of a well known historian: and a well know saying from the ones in the know.

Last edited by Mick; 11-12-2008 at 17:41. Reason: language
Old 11-12-2008, 09:12   #1388
Resting in Peace

Quote:
On the edge of senilty I maybe but daft I am not.
In the words of a well known historian: and a well know saying from the ones in the know.
As Brucy might say Roy, I'm not doddery, doddery I'm not

Last edited by Mick; 11-12-2008 at 17:43.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 20:48   #1389
God Member

Just checked out the long range forcast .... looks like a 100 per center on a white Christmas .... Got my turkey ordered from the butcher ... chestnuts for roasting ... will get my booze closer to Christmas ... not buying any gifts this year, will probably make a donation to the Kingston Humane Society
Old 17-12-2008, 18:02   #1390
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Just checked out the long range forcast .... looks like a 100 per center on a white Christmas .... Got my turkey ordered from the butcher ... chestnuts for roasting ... will get my booze closer to Christmas ... not buying any gifts this year, will probably make a donation to the Kingston Humane Society
I hate you!!!
wanna swap houses??

Old 17-12-2008, 18:20   #1391
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
I hate you!!!
wanna swap houses??

Before you commit to a house swap, check out my avatar ... that's the view from my porch yesterday afternoon .... Bring a snow shovel
Old 17-12-2008, 19:00   #1392
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Before you commit to a house swap, check out my avatar ... that's the view from my porch yesterday afternoon .... Bring a snow shovel
OOOhhhh i love snow, bring it on!!
Old 17-12-2008, 19:45   #1393
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
OOOhhhh i love snow, bring it on!!
If the snow doesn't scare you ... my avatar is now of a little four legged freind of mine who hangs out under my porch
Old 18-12-2008, 09:38   #1394
Resting in Peace

Quote:
If the snow doesn't scare you ... my avatar is now of a little four legged freind of mine who hangs out under my porch
Its not one of those smelly little blighters is it Eric
Old 18-12-2008, 16:20   #1395
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its not one of those smelly little blighters is it Eric
Only if you surprise or scare them ... they are usually quite timid .... but petting them is not a good idea

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..