Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2006, 08:44   #16
God Member

Re: What Does It Mean When Your Ceiling Moves ?

The council draging their feet could be classed as deriliction of duty. They are putting the safety of you and your sons at risk and unlike the trailer for the Inspector Clueseau movie on tv at the mo you might not be able to get up. Keep pushing and if they keep dragging try CAB then a solicitor then the papers. Ask your neighbour to stay out of the middle of the room and if you can get a vid of what is happening. This transfer mess shouldnt impede any serious work being done.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2006, 12:05   #17
Senior Member+

Spuggie
Ive rung the council again this morning and expressed my concerns etc. They say they will possibly get an inspector around today. Can they tell by just looking at a ceiling if the joists have gone or should they really need to lift floor boards to have a proper look.

Cheers
Chrissie
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 13:45   #18
God Member

Floor boards up to be sure it not just natural springing in the wood. They need to get a proper look so upstairs as well as yourself will be effected if the joists have gone south.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 18:34   #19
God Member

Could be a bodge job if they're converted from a larger house, or woodworm.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 20:39   #20
God Member

So come on then jimmi, did they come round today???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 13:08   #21

Well as she, who must not let 18 stone daughters other half walk across the lounge floor for fear he will end up sat on J5B's knee, I'll answer that HR. Yes the ROOF inspector called today, when we told him the problem he had a look but said he wasn't the right person to do the inspection! He did however agree that my floor boards (J5B's ceiling) did need looking at. He told her it could well be the joists, but told me it was probably just loose boards that needed tightening. He also told J5B's nothing could be done until after the transfer as the council had completely cleared there computers and any emergency jobs were being dealt with by word of mouth and not via computers as is the norm. So we will just have to hope we upstairs don't DROP IN on Jimmi uninvited.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 14:21   #22
I am Banned

LOL Debbie, sounds quite worrying for both you & J5B , blimey thats one fob off you got from the council the amazing thing is about the word of mouth how does that happen blimey things are bad enough with their computers involved lol. Would a few accro props at least do till they can get someone to accertain the prob

Just hope you both be safe or least land safe while the HBC get their act together quickly although if anything was to happen it would certainly make the headlines & their insurance dept pap their pants .
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 20:45   #23
God Member

After going through a stock transfer in Blackburn I can assure you that is one major fob off!

Ok lets break it down.
1, J5B rings in concerned that roof may collapse
2, staff member on repair line thinks needs urgent inspection
3, Inspector contacted direct to make urgent visit

Is that what they mean by word of mouth????

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 20:50   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
After going through a stock transfer in Blackburn I can assure you that is one major fob off!

Ok lets break it down.
1, J5B rings in concerned that roof may collapse
2, staff member on repair line thinks needs urgent inspection
3, Inspector contacted direct to make urgent visit

Is that what they mean by word of mouth????
LMAO!!! i thought it was a bit like chinese whispers eventually the word would get around - oopppsss thats what it is anyway sort of LOL or you have to accost a member of HBC staff in person to pass the repair detail on lol
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 00:30   #25
land of hope and glory

i want to know who has the five bellies? if you could get rid of four problem solved only joking! does aidey live near you?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 11:43   #26

I HOPE IT DON'T FALL IN ON YOU..THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO ONE OF MY MATES CEILING..IT WAS SHOCKING FOR.AND KIDS WERE TOY FIGHTING UP STAIRS..
yogi bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 21:20   #27
Senior Member+

Hiya, im back. Sorry have been to Clevelys this weekend for my sisters 40th.
Yes the council sent a roofer around ! Have been told there is nothing they can do untill the transfer takes place next week as they have wiped their computers. Quite frankly the roofer didnt really know about ceilings and the joists.
In answer to staggers and his 5 bellies querie, ...its a good job i dont live upstairs with my bellies and yes Aidey lives next door !
Also come to think of it, with my visitors its a good job i dont live upstairs
Old 02-04-2006, 09:52   #28

means that your igloo is melting
cannuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:58   #29
Senior Member+

I RANG THE COUNCIL AGAIN THIS WEEK TO SEE WHEN THEY WOULD SEND THE APPROPIATE INSPECTOR AROUND ......

What fun i had trying to explain i now need a roofing inspector to inspect the roof as its raining in in Debbies upstairs, the chimney stack has a big crack in it, Debbie can hear things dropping behind her fire and her floor is getting worse ! they say somebody will be around this week ...... yea right ! and theres me thinking that when Contour took over on the 1st April things would improve.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:36   #30
God Member

I'd be getting onto the observer if i was you.

Its clearly not safe to be living in that house.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..