Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2007, 19:26   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Why Do I Get Flu at Christmas?

I started with this blooming bug on Saturday afternoon......just a headache at first, went to bed for a couple of hours thinking I would feel better when I got up......wrong! Achey, sneezy, shivery and snotty......I am dreading this going onto my chest.
For all fellow sufferers out there.....keep taking the tablets, honey and lemon and get some rest. Get better soon everybody.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2007, 19:40   #17
God Member

I hope I am not tempting fate by saying this ---- I have been cold free for over 3years and last had flu over 2 years ago.

I think it is due my winter hibernation practice. I live alone and have all my supplies delivered. I do venture into public places about once a fortnight in winter on average, so I am not exposing myself to all your germs

It suits me (because I like me )-- I am quite content with my own company. Hermit ?--- Recluse? --- maybe --- I call it Peaceful

Last edited by MargaretR; 17-12-2007 at 19:44.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 15:25   #18
God Member

Feeling a bit ropey myself now. A bit shivery and full of a cold. Remedies anybody? Non alcoholic if possibly not into hot toddies
Old 19-12-2007, 16:30   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Can't understand how you sweat it out of you Blazey ?? .. if you have a temperature, you have to strip down to bring down the temperature, and shiver .. hard at first, but does work at the end of the day... get well soon anyway . x
Sweating gets toxins out of your body, that is why saunas are so popular.

Turns out I dont have flu anyway, i have tonsillitis. I dont know what I feel about tonsillitis yet, I keep wanting to be sick though which I hate, and its uncomfortable to swallow yet I feel impulses to keep swallowing, probably because i'm needing to drink alot to stop myself getting dehydrated.
I'm not often properly ill but tonsillitis isn't very friendly, I wish that I did have the flu but I guess I'm not so fortunate, though the lovely doctor says I should be better by xmas eve. Lovely Jubbly
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 17:56   #20
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

ya cant be that bad if ya on ere blazey!!

oh and flu is a lot worse than tonsilitis
Old 19-12-2007, 18:00   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
ya cant be that bad if ya on ere blazey!!

oh and flu is a lot worse than tonsilitis
Its hardly using up alot of energy lying in bed with the laptop. Maybe I have never had the flu then, I dont recall ever being bed ridden by the flu.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2007, 08:43   #22
mez
God Member

well having just recovered (not fully) from the blasted cough & sneezes which knocked me off my feet this time around im now back into wanting to peruse the tinternet again so ...hi all im feeling a tad better, just hope everyone else is ok, poor lyl (brian) has been badley with it too, well must try to get into the christmas spirit now.
Old 24-12-2007, 09:03   #23
Senior Member+

Well, i dont know what i have but its strange, went to work saturday, i ws in a good mood, the thing is when i got in bus after work my body started aching, i thought i was just tired but when i got home i only managed to have tea, bath child, speak to emmamum for 5 min and went to bed.
When i got up yesterday i was very ill being sick and a temperature of 38.1, i dont know what it was but i spent all day in bed.
Today i got up and still feel really ill, i've taken enough painkillers as i need to go asda, wish me luck lol and then need to go into town.
Probly just a bug i dont know
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2007, 09:15   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thats cos yer an elf yolanda, they are more suseptible to bugs, living in gardens n the like. p.s. hope yer ok for xmas.
Old 24-12-2007, 09:24   #25
Senior Member+

Hahah ok cahman if you said so, me too, i want to go town today and do my little bit of shopping and i want to be fit to play with my son tomorrow with his new presents lol
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 22:35   #26
God Member

I haven't got flu but I have got a real stinker of a cold at the moment.

It started yesterday, sneezing, nose dripping like a tap, eyes running. I feel as weak as a kitten. Everything's a bloomin effort. I think I'll get myself off to bed now.

Hope everyone else who had bugs is better now.
Old 29-12-2007, 03:31   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I haven't got flu but I have got a real stinker of a cold at the moment.

It started yesterday, sneezing, nose dripping like a tap, eyes running. I feel as weak as a kitten. Everything's a bloomin effort. I think I'll get myself off to bed now.

Hope everyone else who had bugs is better now.
I know how you feel. Ive been the same since christmas day. I cant even sleep because i cant breath when i lie down
Tombraider is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..