Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 08:38   #1
God Member

Xmas/New Year Overspend.............

Well now its all been and gone and the reality of january utility bills dropping through our door (or inbox) is upon us...........did you overspend over the yultide period or did you keep the purse strings tight this year (through choice or necessity) and if you did go wild , what did you spend on...? food, drink, presents, going out....? personally we`ve done really well with our spending, not spent a lot and had one of our best chrimbo`s ever, with plenty of the above but all done on a budget and are now ready to batten down the hatches for a credit crunch busting 2009....
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2009, 09:15   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Xmas/New Year Overspend.............

Well I got a little expense I hadn't expected flashy, the flaming fridge went kaput this week, cost me the thick end of £200
Old 03-01-2009, 09:26   #3
God Member

i must say...i never overspend on anything anytime at all, i've always been careful with my money no matter what time of year it is, if i havent got it then i dont spend it, its as simple as that
Old 03-01-2009, 09:28   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i must say...i never overspend on anything anytime at all, i've always been careful with my money no matter what time of year it is, if i havent got it then i dont spend it, its as simple as that
This is very strange (but good) behaviour for a female...............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:28   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I got a little expense I hadn't expected flashy, the flaming fridge went kaput this week, cost me the thick end of £200

it wasnt me who started the thread lol
Old 03-01-2009, 09:30   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
This is very strange (but good) behaviour for a female...............

i pay my bills BEFORE they are due too, dont know why but i've always been like that, never ever been in any debt either, never borrowed money from these doorstep loans, never had a credit card
Old 03-01-2009, 09:44   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
it wasnt me who started the thread lol
Ya just notice that flashy, but you usually do start things on here so thought I'd give you the credit
Old 03-01-2009, 10:59   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Cost me about the same to m.o.t the car.Otherwise not to bad,still got 75 cans left over.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:15   #9
Junior Member+

Thanks for the reminder. Got to MOT my car in Jan and get it serviced which will probably cost 200 ish all together.

Still, we had a good Christmas and New Year and didnt spend as much as in previous years, (i think).
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:35   #10
God Member

Well in the black for a change. I started earlier this year and it has paid off. Will be doing the same this year as the crunch is upon us. Only big bill I had was my TV licence so for the first time in years I have spare dosh in the first couple of weeks in January.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:21   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Cost me about the same to m.o.t the car.Otherwise not to bad,still got 75 cans left over.
Been a bit off colour over the holidays have you Beni
Old 03-01-2009, 12:22   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Well in the black for a change. I started earlier this year and it has paid off. Will be doing the same this year as the crunch is upon us. Only big bill I had was my TV licence so for the first time in years I have spare dosh in the first couple of weeks in January.
So I'm okay for a rough sub then SPUGS
Old 03-01-2009, 12:37   #13
Resting in Peace

hm no comment: however I am going to be having a big sale on ebay to pay my credit cards off: Lesson learnt ( Never Ever Again )
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:38   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Been a bit off colour over the holidays have you Beni
You could say that,waiting for my gob to heal after the tongue op.Should be back in form shortly,pain receding.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:47   #15
God Member

Don't spend money I haven't got and never had a credit card. If I haven't got the money I go without.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..