Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2008, 06:22   #31

Re: yellow pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Just one tiny point. They don’t want Yellow Pages for recycling. My white sack states NO YELLOW PAGES!

I believe that it is something to do with the dye used to make the pages yellow.

Mine gets pushed through my letterbox once a year as does the regular phone book and Thompson.

But think on this. We BT customers pay for them (except Thompson) in our line rental fee and we get new copies each year whether we want them or not. I accept that businesses need to keep up to date with changes, but how many domestic users need a new phone book every year? We are paying for something that we don’t really need and I for one could do without Yellow Pages or the regular phone book at all.

We domestic customers should have the option of buying a copy of either when we want one and have a suitable reduction in the rental fee.
How do you deduce that you pay for Yellow Pages?

With the amounts they charge advertisers I would have thought they were self funding and hugely profit making!
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2008, 08:39   #32
Senior Member+

I cant remember the last time i used a yellow pages, i use yell.com, its far easier and means i dont have to dig in the cupboard to find the number for the take-away or a taxi lol
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2008, 12:58   #33
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: yellow pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
How do you deduce that you pay for Yellow Pages?

With the amounts they charge advertisers I would have thought they were self funding and hugely profit making!
Good point polly, although I was under the impression that one line entries were free in Yellow Pages.
Old 23-05-2008, 16:32   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Good point polly, although I was under the impression that one line entries were free in Yellow Pages.
As far as I know they are only free if you have a business account and are therefor already overpaying

I believe the Yellow Pages salespeople are extremely well paid
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2008, 17:14   #35
Senior Member+

you can have a look at how much it costs here

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 10:09   #36
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
anyone got theres?

ive just got mine and instead of walking down the garden path and putting it on my doorstep he stood at my fence and threw it in my garden!!!!its no where near my door

Found mine on my windowsill in the garden!
Didn't notice it until i was sat on the couch and caught it out of the corner of my eye!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..