Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2008, 16:41   #16
God Member

Re: yellow pages?

Mine was posted through my letter box this morning
Old 15-05-2008, 16:44   #17

i got mine it was left on door step all night . came home at 7.30am and belief it or not it was still there. lol
pam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 17:26   #18
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I dont know why they bother, i never use it
always look at yell.com...its much quicker
Old 15-05-2008, 19:08   #19

Yell.com has a very low response rate for me, maybe 1 new client in 3 years.

Leaflets work wonders. I have just heelped a family member launch a new business and from 1500 leaflets delivered one Sunday we have had 10 new customers.
This is a fantastic response rate compared with the industry standard of 1 to 2 responses per thousand.

I am just designing a leaflet now for a workman and know he will get a good response rate though I doubt is will be as good as the one above.

People hang on to leaflets for months sometimes years and then ring!! It never ceases to amaze me
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 16:34   #20
Resting in Peace

Got my new yellow pages yesterday heard a noise, at the front door, not a knock, opened the door and the book fell in, the only thing is went to the door again this morning and hey presto there's another one there, so does anybody want a yellow pages i've got two
Old 18-05-2008, 20:51   #21
God Member

I've had mine. It was posted through the door.

I use mine quite a bit, I never use yell.com.
Old 19-05-2008, 10:08   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I've had mine. It was posted through the door.

I use mine quite a bit, I never use yell.com.
Heck Lilly you must have a big letter box, mines a standard size, but they couldn't get it through
Old 19-05-2008, 17:00   #23
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

wonder when we'll get the new phone book?
Old 19-05-2008, 17:06   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
wonder when we'll get the new phone book?
My phone book is 2007/8 panther so It will probably be next year before I get a new one, or later this year, and you live in Ossy too
Old 22-05-2008, 11:29   #25
Resting in Peace

Your not going to believe this, just been to my front door to pay the window cleaner and there's another Yellow Pages on my doorstep, thats three now
Old 22-05-2008, 12:09   #26
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: yellow pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Yep got ours the other day and it is now in the white sack waiting to be recycled...............Yell.com will do for me and anyway the little `uns just rip it up......lol
Just one tiny point. They don’t want Yellow Pages for recycling. My white sack states NO YELLOW PAGES!

I believe that it is something to do with the dye used to make the pages yellow.

Mine gets pushed through my letterbox once a year as does the regular phone book and Thompson.

But think on this. We BT customers pay for them (except Thompson) in our line rental fee and we get new copies each year whether we want them or not. I accept that businesses need to keep up to date with changes, but how many domestic users need a new phone book every year? We are paying for something that we don’t really need and I for one could do without Yellow Pages or the regular phone book at all.

We domestic customers should have the option of buying a copy of either when we want one and have a suitable reduction in the rental fee.
Old 22-05-2008, 16:38   #27
God Member

bit of a wander (but phone related) going back a bit now , but does anyone remember the days before area dialing codes, think Blackburn used to have 2 , Blackburn and Blakewater, not sure how many Accrington had .
Only reason I remember them is my dad was a long distance truck driver and I sometimes went with him during school holidays and he used to have to phone in for instructions on new loads , and one of the offices was in Little Harwood B,burn and it had a Blakewater number
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2008, 17:21   #28

Re - yellow pages - I have a "Recycle for Hyndburn" leaflet which states - Put all your paper in your white sack. Yes Please: newspapers, junk mail, magazines, Yellow Pages and telephone directories.
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2008, 17:21   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
bit of a wander (but phone related) going back a bit now , but does anyone remember the days before area dialing codes, think Blackburn used to have 2 , Blackburn and Blakewater, not sure how many Accrington had .
Only reason I remember them is my dad was a long distance truck driver and I sometimes went with him during school holidays and he used to have to phone in for instructions on new loads , and one of the offices was in Little Harwood B,burn and it had a Blakewater number
The number for Accrington was 3. Our original telephone number was 3836 then they added the 3 - 33836

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2008, 18:06   #30
Resident Waffler

Our original one was 7731. Some clever person may be able to work out what our current one is from that because my late husband and I bought the house from my mother and inherited the phone line. Then we brought the number with us when we moved here.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..