Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2004, 10:39   #16

Re: ANDREW WALECZEK

I thought you did pretty good there A-B!

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2004, 16:33   #17

like music to my ears, shame about Ernie Firth though, great mate, was it not John Pollard ?, me & Mick O'Connor goes way back, don't remember Michael Routh, Richard Ormerod, and only have a hazy memory of Roman
None of the names from the year below rings any bells
mickmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 17:02   #18
God Member

You are possibly right with John Pollard, as I said the memory is not what it was. The last time I saw Mick O'Conner waas in The Pickwick in Accrington around 1979/80 and he was talking about some sort of class reunion. I don't know if he ever managed to organise it. You must remember Roman he had a younger sister called Christine and they lived on Blackburn Road near the bottom of Wheat Street. Richard Ormerod lived on the next block along going towards Church. Yes it was a great pity about Bernard Firth, what a waste.
Old 24-11-2004, 06:23   #19

yea just abt remember Ronan but can't remember Richard - was a re-union organised by Jimmy Donohoe last year, quite a lot turned up "reet good do", - he says he's organising another one next year - check out the link see if ya remembers any of the gang from there pics - www.idonohoe.com/holyfamily/reunion.htm
Old 24-11-2004, 06:36   #20
God Member

Thanks Mick, I had a quick sprint through the pics and I am sorry to say not one of them rings a bell apart from Mick O'Conner. I told you my memory was going west.
Old 24-11-2004, 08:41   #21
mez
God Member

theres a few faces there that i remember, but sadly not the names, thanks for that mick.
Old 24-11-2004, 09:10   #22
Resident Waffler

Just look at Ian Donohoe's website. Now look at how much he charges. Now look at this message board and how active and easy it is to negotiate.

Now look at Hyndburnlife. Now think about how much HBC paid for that.

Now think how much HBC could have saved if they'd got Roy and Ian to work together!

(Sorry, I know it's a thread wander of majestic proportions but I was just wandering around Ian Donohoe's pages and the thought struck me. He's made a very nmice job of the St. Christopher's site.)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 06:11   #23

Haven't had a look round Ians site, but there was always the old school rivalry and maybe this is another way at getting back at them gits from St C .......................tut tut..........lol
Old 29-11-2004, 09:46   #24

Dont know what Barbara King And her sister Janette were doing at Holy Family reunion, they both went to Paddock House. Good to see Terry Neville, one of my favourite teachers. cant recall other names.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 10:19   #25
God Member

Terry Neville......Where?
Old 29-11-2004, 11:46   #26
mez
God Member

white hair & glasses ...... must admit i did miss him at first, he he , he's still good looking for his age, 3 picture,? i see mr astin a few times he's not changed either execept for the white hair .

Last edited by mez; 29-11-2004 at 11:50. Reason: missed something
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 12:27   #27
God Member

Oh Horrible! I feel a note from my mother coming on.

Don't remember Astin, what did he do?
Old 29-11-2004, 14:04   #28
mez
God Member

aaaahh well umm , i think it was english, he was one of my teachers from st, marys ossy before we moved up to holy family , do you remember mr bleasdale?, he moved up there too.
Old 29-11-2004, 17:57   #29
God Member

Nope, sorry, don't remember him. Mulderrig (sp?), Almond, Nancy Lindo, McDonald, Johnny Mayor of course, That's about it. I seem to have successfully erased the rest of them from my memory.
Old 30-11-2004, 06:14   #30

Barbara King marries Jimmy Donohue who organised the reunion and Jeanette was in the same year as us at StAnnes before we all went to Holy Family & she went to Paddock house; thats the link

Great teachers names there... (ouch ...did I just say that !!!....) what about also Mr McAloon, Mr Ryder, Mr Bently, Mr Stancliffe, Miss Gibson ( I fancied her....) .... what was that darned R I teacher called .............

« ellie | Dawn Connor »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..