Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2004, 06:45   #31
mez
God Member

Re: ANDREW WALECZEK

i remember mullderrick, but i was only there from the september, when it opened , till xmas when we left to join the big wide world.
Accrington Web
Old 03-12-2004, 21:12   #32

Mr Mullderrick, was our form teacher, he was a very fit man, used to run a lot, before it became jogging. I remember, Bob Almond ( metalwork ) Mr Bleasdale, Miss McGregor, ( sexy ) Miss Doran ( music ) Mr Nobblet ( science ) Katie Boyle ( PE ) Miss Hargraeves ( RI ) . Mr Mullderrick's nick name, Bowd Buddha. A good aime with a board duster and picking and flicking crows, dirty ******. Terry Neville, grown old very gracefully, but he was a good looking man.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2004, 12:02   #33
God Member

>> what about also Mr McAloon, Mr Ryder, Mr Bently, Mr Stancliffe, Miss Gibson ( I fancied her....) .... what was that darned R I teacher called <<

I remember Miss Gibson, she was nice. What was the English teacher called who had a metal plate in his head? Anybody know what happened to Stancliffe? There were some jolly unsavoury rumours circulating about him.
Old 13-12-2004, 13:11   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin
Dont know what Barbara King And her sister Janette were doing at Holy Family reunion, they both went to Paddock House. Good to see Terry Neville, one of my favourite teachers. cant recall other names.
I remember Janette King and I also went to Paddock, I don't recall her being there though, and we are the same age. Maybe she went after leaving H F to go into the lower 6th form. There were a few came to Paddock fron H F inc Angela Dugdale.
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2004, 13:17   #35

Talking Re: ANDREW WALECZEK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Mick McGough, Martin Cavanagh, Norval Dwyer, Michael Routh, Ian Rawcliffe, Robert Dillon, Roman Synczysz, Patrick Cash, Michael O'Conner, Bernard Firth, Steve Pollard, Phillip Salisbury, ? Slinger, ? Cronshaw, Richard Ormerod. Any of these names ring a bell Mick? And in the year below; Martin West, Simon Preugschat, Christopher Staves. My memory is not as good as it used to be, sorry.
I remember Martin Cavanagh, Norval Dwyer, Michael Routh, Ian Rawcliffe, Robert Dillon, Roman Synczyz, Ricky Ormerod and Phillip Salisbury from St. Oswalds junior school. Also Dave Parr, Christopher Egan, Dave Kay, Paula Rae, Janice Garrity & Helen Towler, you may also remember these going to Holy Family, they will all be aged 48 - 49 now.
Old 13-12-2004, 19:31   #36

Jeez all names from my past, and we is all 48/49 - the big 50 comin....... - although I don't remember Janice Garitty - Chris Egan - wonder which nick he is in by now............
mickmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2004, 21:35   #37

Tony Gardener, Nick name ( Fanner ) He had a brother Harry, Tony was in the same year as my brother Kevin.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2004, 08:18   #38
God Member

Didn't the Dugdale family live on Blackburn Road near the Sacred Heart, What happened to them all? It seemed at one time that they very nearly filled the church all by themselves on a Sunday.
Old 16-12-2004, 09:44   #39

Smile Re: ANDREW WALECZEK

Yes, they did.

I don't know where they all are now but I think Anne still lives locally, Angela is a PE teacher and lives somewhere near Ormskirk, Gerard lives locally, Paul is/was a plumber and lived in Ossy, his mum-in-law used to have Stanhill Post Office, Last I heard of Kevin he lived Haslingden way, he lost an arm in an accident, the eldest son John?? is a priest, don't know about Catherine or Maureen, Mr Dugdale died a few years back, and last time I spoke to Angela, Mrs Dugdale was well and living in Blackburn.

J B
Old 06-03-2005, 08:41   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah
Hi, anyone know of this ex Accrington man? &nbsp;His long lost brother wishes to make contact again.

Atarah
Hello, I went to Holy Family with Andy. When we left we went to work at a slipper factory in Ossy and worked there for about 5 years. I left the factory to become a gardener with the local authority. Sorry I havent seen or herd from him since.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:13   #41

What about, Val Padden, Pip Slinger. Dave Kay, Paul Webber, Mick Welch. Brendan Gee, Terry O'Rouke, Icky Greenwood, Brian Balmer. Eugine Cash and Uncle Tom Cobbly and all.
I only ever see Dave Kay regularly from the good old school days.

Regards to you all
Gavin Westell
disco is offline   Reply With Quote

« ellie | Dawn Connor »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..