Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2010, 19:36   #1
Senior Member+

Baron & ranson

A friend is trying to find details of the BARON & RANSON families. Can you help?. She is specially interested in Maggie (Margaret?) BARON and Sisters Carrie , Sarah & Isabel.They came from Adelaide st, Clayton Maggie married a RANSON, solicitors.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-06-2010, 02:23   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Baron & ranson

Did some checking for you Bob and here is a start- William Thomas Baron married Alice Knowles 1874 at Clayton All Saints. In 1881 the family lived at 24 Worsley St Accrington but the name was spelled Barren, there was Thomas age 30 born Manchester- Alice age 29 born C.L.M.- James age 6 born C.L.M.- Walter age 4 born Acc.- Isabella age 1 born Acc. By 1891 they were living at Little Marsden Brierfield all as above +10 years. Plus Mary H. age 7 born Acc. Sarah age 6 born Church. Elizabeth H. age 4 born Church. Hellen age 3 born Church. Margaret Alice age 7mth born Burnley. By 1901 the family were living at 13 Hygiene C.L.M. with another daughter Caroline born 1893 in Brierfield. Nowhere could I find a Carrie? Other info for you- Isabella married Thomas Hulme in 1900 at C.L.M. All Saints, I found no children. Possibly Sarah married James Croasdale 1897at Osw. Immanuel. Elizabeth married Edward Ranson 1911 at C.L.M. All Saints. They had Leslie born 1912 Acc, Margaret born 1914 Acc. John Douglas born 1922 Acc. Marg. A. married George Edward Christian 1909 C.L.M. All Saints and had, George William born 1909 and Mary Alice born 1910. I believe William Thomas died 1915 Gt Harwood, Alice died 1924 Gt. Harwood, Walter died 1906 Acc. All of the above must be proven by documents but hope it is of use to your friend. Bryan.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 03:08   #3
Senior Member+

Hi Bob, one mistake I found, Sarah did not marry James Croasdale at Osw. Immanuel. I also found another Isabella Baron who married Eli Booth in 1900 at C.L.M. All Saints. Her father was named William and living at 13 Earl St C.L.M.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 17:14   #4
Senior Member+

Thanks for this. I will bring it to notice.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..