Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2009, 07:01   #1
Junior Member+

Hi, hope you can help.

Trying tove some photos etc from russian family for him. trace - Philip Andrew Chesko, from Huncoat I think. Have some photos etc from russian family for him. Hope to visit to deliver in the future, if we find him that is !

Richard
richard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-08-2009, 07:21   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Hi, hope you can help.

Hi Richard ... there is a Phillip Chesko in Accrington showing up in the search for the electoral for 2002 and 2009 ... age 45 - 49 living with an Andrea Chesko. Problem is the free search does not extend to the address anymore .. you have to start paying for this information now. Not in the local telephone directory.

It is an unusual name, so good chance is your relative. There is also an Edna Cheskow .. but not in the 2009 electoral register ... look in the telephone directory here (sorry, we are not allowed to put up telephone numbers).

Best of luck; wouldn't be surprised though if someone knows him on here.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 10:15   #3
Junior Member+

Hi I went to school with a Phil Chesko from Huncoat. I have just sent him an email to tell him about your posting and have given him the details. Hope this helps.
trayjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 21:21   #4
Junior Member+

Thankyou for the info,it looks as if we may be successful.

Richard
Old 26-08-2009, 05:59   #5
Junior Member+

Katex, checked with my wife yes,this is the family. Edna was his mother and passed away a couple of years ago. Very good news, thanks a lot.

Richard
Old 26-08-2009, 07:13   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1 View Post
Katex, checked with my wife yes,this is the family. Edna was his mother and passed away a couple of years ago. Very good news, thanks a lot.

Richard
Thought this may have been the case, but didn't like to suggest it. Hope Traygo gets an answer for you.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 18:09   #7

Hi,My name is Phil Chesko. Could it be me you are looking for?
BARNEY61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 20:02   #8
Junior Member+

Philip,
If you have an aunt and uncle in Russia, St Petersburg named, Mikael and Zhaniy (JANE), then yes you are indeed the one we are looking for. I am married to your cousin Irina, ans we were at your uncle and aunts golden wedding celebrations the other week.
He told me a while ago about his brother that had lived in Accrington, and this time his daughter asked if I could perhaps trace you for them. They are thrilled at the idea.
One question, can you speak or read Russian ? If so then they can email you or Skype.
We have some photos for you and will deliver them to you next time we are in UK.
We live in Spain and visit Russia regularly.
Well I will await your reply and if positive we can move to email perhaps.
Mine is [email protected]
Regards

Dick
Old 01-09-2009, 20:03   #9
Junior Member+

Kaytex,
Our info was wrong, indeed Edna is alive and kicking, just moved house !

Dick
Old 02-09-2009, 15:16   #10

Hi Richard,
I think we are related but as you rightly said Mum is still alive but no she has not moved.At the moment she is away so can not ask names.My dad came from a small village which was when he was taken from it during the war still in Poland which is now Belarus.He has a sister still living there named MARY but mum has not heard from her for a while.He also had a sister who died who lived in MOSCOW. His brother who lived in St Petersburg was called MISHA and the last time we were there it was to see his mum for the last time as she was gravely ill. No i can not speak Polish/Russian but speak French. We visit there often in the South/west area.Close to Angouleme. My E-Mail is [email protected]. Look forward to hearing from you.Phil
Old 02-09-2009, 15:30   #11

Hi Richard,
Ironically my mum phoned as soon as i had sent the last post to tell me you had spoke to her.We are all going to France including mum in the next couple of weeks.Do not know how far you are from the border.We are moving a caravan over there.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..