Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2009, 10:41   #1
Senior Member+

Keith Barton

Anyone know if Keith Barton is still around? Was just having a natter and his name cropped up and realised i had'nt seen him for a few years now. He used to be a Driving Instructor, then went on the Buses. Used to play a bit of Pool in the late 70's early 80's and could talk the hind leg off a donkey!. He was married to Pam Barton but they divorced, he also had a brother called Ray, a musician who sadly ended his own life on St Annes beach some years ago.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2009, 10:37   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Keith Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Anyone know if Keith Barton is still around? Was just having a natter and his name cropped up and realised i had'nt seen him for a few years now. He used to be a Driving Instructor, then went on the Buses. Used to play a bit of Pool in the late 70's early 80's and could talk the hind leg off a donkey!. He was married to Pam Barton but they divorced, he also had a brother called Ray, a musician who sadly ended his own life on St Annes beach some years ago.

Best Regards - Taggy
Keith was a big mate of mine back in the 70s and 80s Paul, He was on the committee when I was Secretary of the Independent Pool League, Me and the Wife used to go out for the odd drink with him and Pam, the last time I saw him he was driving a us up Merlin Drive in Ossy but that a while ago now
Old 17-03-2009, 13:17   #3
Senior Member+

Yep i thought you'd probably know him John, but like you its quite some time since i've seen him, he was on the Buses the last time i did see him, and had his hair cropped somewhat shorter than he used to. Was a good lad Keith, and my God could he natter!!!LOL!! Just to diverge a bit John, were you and Keith on the Pool Commitee at the same time as Norman from the Richmond when the meets were held there? I'm ruddy awfull with dates and was trying to remember what years it would be when he was helping run things. I know when he left he was doing electrical work, and i used to see him out walking his dog, but again not seen Norman for several years now either.

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 17-03-2009, 15:23   #4
Resting in Peace

I used to play in a band with this brother RAy.... sadly no longer with us:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 16:31   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yep i thought you'd probably know him John, but like you its quite some time since i've seen him, he was on the Buses the last time i did see him, and had his hair cropped somewhat shorter than he used to. Was a good lad Keith, and my God could he natter!!!LOL!! Just to diverge a bit John, were you and Keith on the Pool Commitee at the same time as Norman from the Richmond when the meets were held there? I'm ruddy awfull with dates and was trying to remember what years it would be when he was helping run things. I know when he left he was doing electrical work, and i used to see him out walking his dog, but again not seen Norman for several years now either.

Best Regards - Taggy
I took over Running The Pool league when Terry B went to Blackpool must have been about 83 or 84 I think, we held our meetings at the Boars Head. It was Keith who roped me in because the league was on its knees, I got sponcers for every competion including each division in the league and arranged the presentation at the Berkely, carried on for about three years then packed it in altogether, Pool that is, never watched or played a game since
Old 17-03-2009, 17:25   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I took over Running The Pool league when Terry B went to Blackpool must have been about 83 or 84 I think, we held our meetings at the Boars Head. It was Keith who roped me in because the league was on its knees, I got sponcers for every competion including each division in the league and arranged the presentation at the Berkely, carried on for about three years then packed it in altogether, Pool that is, never watched or played a game since
Norman ran it before Terry B got involved (other than playing of course), but Norman had enough of the aggro he was getting (you'll probably relate to that John!) running the league and not being able to please everyone, plus he was getting ready for coming out of the pub. Organisation was not one of Terry's strong points was it!! I'm like you John and put me cue down around the same time, never played a match since apart from a knockaround occasionally. Bumped into a couple of old pals a week or so back whilst out having an Indian meal, and they still play (Peel Park Pub), and asked if i wanted to pop up on Mondays nights, apparently its not required to sign on in that league now, and have a game, so might just give it a go, you never know. I think John Chapman and Steve Jukes still play up there if you remember them!

Best REgards - Taggy
Old 18-03-2009, 09:57   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Norman ran it before Terry B got involved (other than playing of course), but Norman had enough of the aggro he was getting (you'll probably relate to that John!) running the league and not being able to please everyone, plus he was getting ready for coming out of the pub. Organisation was not one of Terry's strong points was it!! I'm like you John and put me cue down around the same time, never played a match since apart from a knockaround occasionally. Bumped into a couple of old pals a week or so back whilst out having an Indian meal, and they still play (Peel Park Pub), and asked if i wanted to pop up on Mondays nights, apparently its not required to sign on in that league now, and have a game, so might just give it a go, you never know. I think John Chapman and Steve Jukes still play up there if you remember them!

Best REgards - Taggy
Haven't seen Stevie or years, Bumped into Chappy a couple of times when he was playing in Ossy Con, the last time he was playing in that World Rules league they started a year or two back, he was with Barry Haworth, I sat down and watched a couple of frames and had a chat. Yea Paul running a pool league is hard work, I was actually running other leagues for Whitbreads at the time as well, which was quite fun, not.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..