Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 16:12   #31

Re: Peter Firth of Manor St

sending you a pm douglas
cityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-12-2009, 11:00   #32
Full Member+

Hi Douglas

I am afraid I can't give you any more information than I have already mentioned in earlier posts. Peter was one of the people who were around at the time. I didn't know him well but he used to hang around with us down Laneside every now and again. He spent a lot of his time around Church too.

I do not know about his connections with Manchester City but he is certainly the fella in the photograph. It might be worth contacting the club to see if they could trace him through the fanzine, programme or via their website.

Sorry I can't be any more help but I wish you luck with your attempts to contact him.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 14:27   #33
Junior Member+

thanks everybody for your help so far, going to try and make contact with this chap to see if he is who I am looking for, fingers crossed and all that. will post results when it is done.
douglas ackroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 11:18   #34

There is a Peter C Firth living in Hornchurch of the right age, on the phone too ... might be your man.
PM sent to you with details~
Good luck
accybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:35   #35
Senior Member+

There was a Barbara and a Christopher Firth who lived on Washington St, their Mother was a widow(?) - I guess about No 42 or so. I know they were still there in the early
50s.
Barbara would catch the Clayton bus in the mornings - I sometimes rode past the bus stop on Peel St on my bike at about 0700 in the late 50s.
Old 20-01-2010, 20:06   #36
Junior Member+

thanks barrie but I don't think they are the one's. peter's mother was called phyllis she married a bloke called james barton and they lived at 36 manor st but thank's again for your input. douglas
douglas ackroyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..