Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2013, 15:55   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Woodnook school Class 1953-57

I went caving with John Thorne. He's still knocking about. probably still in Clayton. He got very keen on cycling and his wife saw very little of him. The story is told that one day he came home from a ride and found the housed totally empty. He phoned the police to report a burglary. Truth was his wife had gone and taken the contents. He probably laughed it off, as he always had a smile on his face. Jack Spibey was at St John's with me. I think he is still in Acc. His lad owns a big paper business in Leyland
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-12-2014, 14:29   #17
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman32 View Post
Hi Bob as far as I can recall Back row John Thorne-Alan Hatch-myself Doug Kellett-Gordon Coo.
M-iddle Row Jack Spibey-Emile Cummins-David Eastwood-Frank Riley-Derek Ingham -Ron ?-Barry?-
Back Row Girls. Hazel Shannon-Mavis Hartley-Gillian Norton-Irene?-?-Jean Taylor-?-Jean Staff.
Front Row, Barbra Whitteker-Joan?-Estelle Pilkinton.
Joan? Was Joan Sumner, passed away 6 or 7 years ago.
Soloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 16:04   #18

I am Irene Davies,I'm sitting second in on the right,on the bench
IRENE BAINBRIDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 16:07   #19

Can anyone remember the name of the girl sitting at the left hand side (looking at it) of Irene Howard?
Old 27-02-2015, 17:47   #20

Front row boys next to Emile is David Eastwood,I don't know the next one Then Derek Ingham & Barry Macgloclin,back row girls Hazel Shannon,?Hartley,Gillian?,Irene Howard,Hazel?,Jean Taylor,Irene Davies,Kathy Staff, front,Barbara Whittaker,Joan Sumner,Estelle Pilkington. I think that's right
Old 21-05-2015, 20:14   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRENE BAINBRIDGE View Post
Can anyone remember the name of the girl sitting at the left hand side (looking at it) of Irene Howard?
That girl was Gillian norton
xaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 08:11   #22
Senior Member+

Irene Howard still lives locally - Ossie probably. She was landlady at the Stop & Rest for many years......I saw John Thorne a week ago -
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2015, 13:20   #23

I remembered Gillians surname at 4'o'clock this morning,WHY THEN & not at a decent hour !!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..