Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2011, 18:45   #76
JFT96

Re: 1300 Bombardier (UKs last Railway stock producer) jobs being lost

Also, let us not forget the British Gas did not own all the gas field around the UK anyway. Still never mind, why let realism get in the way of your fantasy world.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2011, 18:57   #77
God Member

There's an interesting little post-script to this story.

Some of you may be aware that a couple of weeks ago, the Peking(Bejing)-Shangai express opened..a 200mph job to whisk our intrepid Chinese entrepreneurs from one centre of power to another, designed and built in three years flat.

There's two problems. Firstly, it's already falling apart - both track and rolling stock.

Secondly, because the Chinkys were in such a hurry to build the rolling stock they couldn't be messed around designing from scratch, so - no doubt with the connivence of Mr Murdoch's boys - they simply hacked into the design office of a certain German train manufacturer and nicked their plans. That company is now in the process of legal action against the Chinese government.

Yep, the train manufacturer is Siemens. So we could end up with losing British jobs at great expense and a crock of German chite that simply does not work.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 12-07-2011 at 19:00.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 18:58   #78
God Member

yes it would have been, check out norway. with the profits ,control of economy,ie controlling inflation giving companies discounts with the more the exports the cheaper their energy would be for the good of the country the politicians keep on bleating about we could have been the 3rd top exporter in the world with high youth employment not unemployment youd be a fool to deny this.we could have been investing in alternative energy so we wouldnt be a slave to oil barons by sending british soldiers to foriegn lands .it could have been so different.
Old 12-07-2011, 19:02   #79
Resting in Peace

Re: 1300 Bombardier (UK's last Railway stock producer) jobs being lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
yes it would have been, check out norway. with the profits ,control of economy,is controlling inflation giving companies discounts with the more the exports the cheaper their energy would be for the good of the country the politicians keep on bleating about we could have been the 3rd top exporter in the world with high youth employment not unemployment youd be a fool to deny this.we could have been investing in alternative energy so we wouldnt be a slave to oil barons by sending british soldiers to foriegn lands .it could have been so different.
If I remember rightly wasn't Tony or was it Gordon who sent the troops at the behest of gorgeous George to help with his quest for oil
Old 12-07-2011, 19:06   #80
JFT96

Would be nice, but I have some of Siemens appliances, they are world class. I have come across equipment they have made all over the world and jet again it is well built.
However I used to work out of Casablanca international airport in Morocco. I was there when terminal 2 opened to big fanfare and brand new Chinese built jetways or air bridges as they are known. These were White and gleaming, one of the installers/engineers told me they we based on a American Design. Less than two years later, these same air bridges were falling apart and almost all had stopped working.
Part of the problem is this, the Chinese copy everything, this iPad I am writing this response on has been copied, the copies are cheaper because the Chinese copies use inferior parts and therefore they break with not much use. The same was true if the air bridges, they were not paticually well built. I have no doubt if the Germans build it then the train will be built well, with quality parts. Much like everything from Germany.

Old 12-07-2011, 19:10   #81
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Would be nice, but I have some of Siemens appliances, they are world class. I have come across equipment they have made all over the world and jet again it is well built.
However I used to work out of Casablanca international airport in Morocco. I was there when terminal 2 opened to big fanfare and brand new Chinese built jetways or air bridges as they are known. These were White and gleaming, one of the installers/engineers told me they we based on a American Design. Less than two years later, these same air bridges were falling apart and almost all had stopped working.
Part of the problem is this, the Chinese copy everything, this iPad I am writing this response on has been copied, the copies are cheaper because the Chinese copies use inferior parts and therefore they break with not much use. The same was true if the air bridges, they were not paticually well built. I have no doubt if the Germans build it then the train will be built well, with quality parts. Much like everything from Germany.
So long as they don't keep the combination for the lock in the suitcase BG
Old 12-07-2011, 19:12   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If I remember rightly wasn't Tony or was it Gordon who sent the troops at the behest of gorgeous George to help with his quest for oil
whoever sent the troops tories in the first gulf war or labour into iraq and afghanastan maybe libya is wrong and could have been avoided if the oil fields were nationalised.
Old 12-07-2011, 19:17   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
There's an interesting little post-script to this story.

Some of you may be aware that a couple of weeks ago, the Peking(Bejing)-Shangai express opened..a 200mph job to whisk our intrepid Chinese entrepreneurs from one centre of power to another, designed and built in three years flat.

There's two problems. Firstly, it's already falling apart - both track and rolling stock.

Secondly, because the Chinkys were in such a hurry to build the rolling stock they couldn't be messed around designing from scratch, so - no doubt with the connivence of Mr Murdoch's boys - they simply hacked into the design office of a certain German train manufacturer and nicked their plans. That company is now in the process of legal action against the Chinese government.

Yep, the train manufacturer is Siemens. So we could end up with losing British jobs at great expense and a crock of German chite that simply does not work.
yep and they are trying to poach staff and parts from bombardier and god knows what else Railway News | Rail News | Railway Jobs | Rail Jobs | Railway Exhibitions | Railway Magazines | News Library | Article
Old 12-07-2011, 19:17   #84
JFT96

First you say:
Quote:
. should have kept british gas nationalised so we could have controlled our destiny
Then you say
Quote:
. could have been investing in alternative energy so we wouldnt be a slave to oil barons by sending british soldiers to foriegn lands .
Now let's get this clear Gas and Oil are different.
You forget to add conveniently I add the Norway Has a 36% basic personal tax.

But let us not confuse the issue, you have never, ever oncer answered anybodies question instead you just change the subject.
This proves the fact that you are incapable of having a reasoned discussion and therefore are no longer worthy of my time.
You already missed my obvious sarcasm earlier tonight.

Old 12-07-2011, 19:19   #85
JFT96

Gulf war 1 was to oust a dictator who had invaded a sovereign county.
They are allies of ours was well, much what we did in the First and Second world war.
Gulf war 2, well that was a bigger scandal than anything News International could come up with.

Old 12-07-2011, 19:32   #86
God Member

Quote:
yep and they are trying to poach staff and parts from bombardier and god knows what else Railway News | Rail News | Railway Jobs | Rail Jobs | Railway Exhibitions | Railway Magazines | News Library | Article
Just a few points:

1) This was/is a PFI style contract.

2) That involved not just design and build the trains, but also finance and maintain over a 30-year life cycle.

3) That meant the Frog-Kanuks had to have lot's of dosh up front to pay for the initial design-build phase.

4) Which means they have to borrow from the banks

5) But the banks won't lend 'em 'owt, because their balance sheet ain't worth a case of tinned dog turd.

6) Which means they were screwed from day 1 in the bidding process.

7) Which in turn means that if the Labour government had at the time had got their act togeather and put the tender documentation right, none of this nonsense would have arisen in the first place.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 12-07-2011 at 19:36.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 19:33   #87
JFT96

Very well said

Old 12-07-2011, 19:35   #88
Beacon of light

Quote:
yes it would have been, check out norway. with the profits ,control of economy,ie controlling inflation giving companies discounts with the more the exports the cheaper their energy would be for the good of the country the politicians keep on bleating about we could have been the 3rd top exporter in the world with high youth employment not unemployment youd be a fool to deny this.we could have been investing in alternative energy so we wouldnt be a slave to oil barons by sending british soldiers to foriegn lands .it could have been so different.

I do wish you would learn to punctuate and paragraph your reponses.......your posts make very little sense in the first place, but even less sense without punctuation.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 19:38   #89
JFT96

He cannot do thar Margaret, he went to one of Maggies secondary schools!!!!

Old 12-07-2011, 19:42   #90
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Just a few points:

1) This was/is a PFI style contract.

2) That involved not just design and build the trains, but also finance and maintain over a 30-year life cycle.

3) That meant the Frog-Kanuks had to have lot's of dosh up front to pay for the initial design-build phase.

4) Which means they have to borrow from the banks

5) But the banks won't lend 'em 'owt, because their balance sheet ain't worth a case of tinned dog turd.

6) Which means they were screwed from day 1 in the bidding process.

7) Which in turn means that if the Labour government had at the time had got their act togeather and put the tender documentation right, none of this nonsense would have arisen in the first place.

Yes Mr T....well said, and in a format that even the dumbest should(that being the operative word) be able to comprehend.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..