Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2007, 09:04   #16
God Member

Re: 14 percent

Yeah me too, but it could've been worse.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2007, 13:01   #17
Resting in peace

Quote:
WillowTheWhisp I still can't see anything about Broadway that justifies having spent £500,000 on it.
It has turned into another skate board park willow we now have two. They probably need the funds to maintain it as the yobs have already started systematically vandalising it, litter bins ripped open tree stands bent out of shape etc.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 13:04   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

RESIDENTS across Hyndburn are facing a council tax rise of more than £45 a year - with the extra money being spent on public safety and flowers.

Really who cares about flowers?? Lets be honest the only time you go into town is to get things you want/need. Do you go into town to look at all the pretty flowers? Well i dont.
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 13:55   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Maybe the question is, What can you do for £500,000?
Most of us don't have any idea about what things cost when you talk about road works etc. It's costing the best part of £1 million pounds to build a roundabout at the Britannia Crossroads in Ossy. I pay upto £500 a week when I hire an articulated boom lift (cherry picker) at work for a week, I suspect a JCB is something similar.

You can always put a Freedom of Information Act request into Hyndburn BC asking for a full breakdown of what was spent on what and when on Broadway.

tehy did road works at the britania junction a few weeks ago and they had temporary traffic lights up that worked very well

no need for a bloody roundabout ime sure lancashire council think roundabouts are pretty and enjoy sticking them everywhere
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 17:09   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
tehy did road works at the britania junction a few weeks ago and they had temporary traffic lights up that worked very well
Not at busy times they didn't, the tailback was terrible comming from Blackburn. According to LCC the junction is not suitable for traffic lights. They have a criteria set by the Department of Transport and it did not pass. That is why it has to be a large roundabout.
Old 28-02-2007, 19:11   #21
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not at busy times they didn't, the tailback was terrible comming from Blackburn. According to LCC the junction is not suitable for traffic lights. They have a criteria set by the Department of Transport and it did not pass. That is why it has to be a large roundabout.
their criteria is wrong then

i wouldnt say enough people have died at that junction to justify spending all that money and most of teh accidents are caused by people speeding and i actualy think there will be more accidents because most of teh morons on teh roads around here dont have a clue how to use a roundabout
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..