Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   P.C. Gone mad Again!!!!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/p-c-gone-mad-again-14633.html)

lettie 17-08-2005 18:00

P.C. Gone mad Again!!!!!

I read a circular at work today from one of our unions. It stated that as from 2006 it would no longer be acceptable to refer to people as 'Old George' or 'Young Susan.'

It seems to be P.C. gone daft yet again. It warned managers that they would no longer be able to advertise for - 'young, vibrant people wanted,' and that the Commission for age equality would be coming down like a ton of bricks on anyone who did so.

So I reckon that with the advent of this nonsense from the P.C. brigade they will be coming down like a ton of bricks on Accyweb............ Unless, of course........

Owd Bert changes his user name...:D

SPUGGIE J 17-08-2005 18:11

Re: P.C. Gone mad Again!!!!!

PC gone mad they are absolutly bonkers what comes of this it will not be Old Age Pension but Senior Pension young people will be Underdevelpoped people, Well you get my drift. Political Correctness should go its stupid, oops might not be able to say that to learning challanged :p

Ber999T 17-08-2005 18:19

oh and don't forget Baby Boo etc with "age" related names will have to change.

Sometimes i wish i could use the language that is needed to show the PC lot how we as normal people and with no hang-ups about peoples race, religon, gender, sexual orination, colour, age, employment status, with or with-out criminal records can and do have a fun time and show people the respect that is required when it is needed to be used.

Sparkologist 17-08-2005 18:47

Spherical!
And in the plural!

grannyclaret 17-08-2005 19:44

manchester = personchester
blackpool =coloured pool
essex,sussex , middlesex,etc...=??????????????????i dunno

if its not broke why do some potty people have to fix it

BLACKBURN RAVER 17-08-2005 20:44

when i was between the ages of 18-25 i worked with a 50 odd yr old bloke who used to call me "owd lad" every day and more than once a day, i found it quite amusing myself that an "owd" bloke could call me "owd" ,its just a term that he had grown up with and he used it as part of his everyday life, and not in the slightest bit was i offended in anyway, before too long we are going to need a whole new dictionary and learn a whole new vocabulary, its pathetic...:( :mad:

cashman 17-08-2005 21:04

well its utterly bonkers- these numpties will probably end up in enviable positions in life and i will probably end up in court, cos i,m not changing for NOBODY. pmsl

Acrylic-bob 17-08-2005 21:09

Errrm, weren't the three attempts to establish such a commission via a private member's bill between 2000 and 2002 unsucessful and the bills either lapsed or were withdrawn?

garinda 17-08-2005 21:54

[QUOTE=
blackpool =coloured person[/QUOTE]

Aww Granny that is so un-pc.

Loose ten points.:)

lettie 18-08-2005 06:58

This commission for age equality may not go by that name A-B, but that is what it is. The circular that I read was by the Royal College of Midwives. I have to admit I peed myself laughing and gave it to one of the managers for a quick gander...:D

grego 18-08-2005 07:47

Its just ridiculois isn't it, where will they draw the line, anyway as far as I'm concerned a blackboard will always be a blackboard, a Wendy house - a Wendy house etc

Debbie J 18-08-2005 07:57

Hey Grego have you not heard there are no blackboards around now..... only WHITE boards and I don't hear the PC brigade complaining about that!!!! In all honesty there are far more important things to care/worry about in this world than whether someone is using the "correct" language. I also think the PC brigade cause more racial disharmony, sex discrimination e.t.c. than they realise.

grego 18-08-2005 08:11

I couldn't agree more Debbie.

garinda 18-08-2005 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettie
I read a circular at work today from one of our unions. It stated that as from 2006 it would no longer be acceptable to refer to people as 'Old George' or 'Young Susan.'

It seems to be P.C. gone daft yet again. It warned managers that they would no longer be able to advertise for - 'young, vibrant people wanted,' and that the Commission for age equality would be coming down like a ton of bricks on anyone who did so.

So I reckon that with the advent of this nonsense from the P.C. brigade they will be coming down like a ton of bricks on Accyweb............ Unless, of course........

Owd Bert changes his user name...:D

If the health unions are so pc, why is the name Sister still used as a title, when it is normally seen as gender specific?

yerself 18-08-2005 14:14

Are nurses still banned from being over-familiar with patients? There was a furore a couple of years when some barm-pot complained a nurse at BRI called her 'cock'. She demanded an apology from the health authority. All the same these nurses, no respect. :)