Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2005, 23:37   #16
Senior Member+

Re: 15 minutes of fame:

been on rock fm numerous times.had a role as an extra in the accy film "nature of the beast".got a dodgey full camera shot on most haunted live at blackpool.
Old 16-02-2005, 10:21   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
been on rock fm numerous times.had a role as an extra in the accy film "nature of the beast".got a dodgey full camera shot on most haunted live at blackpool.
the camera shot on MOST HAUNTED LIVE!!!!!!!whaaaaaaaaaaa I forgot about that but it was sooooooooo.................funny pmsl

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 10:53   #18

hi slinky

[QUOTE=slinky]I was on most haunted live!!!!!!!!!!!!in BlackPool, it was a great night. Hehehehe got it in before you tinks and there you are at home with the t.shirt on lmao.[/QUOT

hi slinky what time did u come on
slaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 11:00   #19
God Member

Re: hi slinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaper
hi slinky what time did u come on
not been on long, going in a minute to make kids dinner

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 11:52   #20
Beacon of light

I was pictured in the Daily Mirror way back in 1966......when hubby came back from Oz to marry me (sometimes I wish he had stayed there) don't know if that counts!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 12:15   #21
I am Banned

Nature of the beast ???? mmmm my bro was addicted to that as we taped it n bloody wore the tape out would love to get a copy. Mthead what part did u play in it?!?
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 12:17   #22
I am Banned

When are most haunted doing a return to Pendle 'hell' as they described???? That is probably the best ive ever seen, n i bloody lost a kettle that nite an all whilst watching it.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 13:19   #23

Havent had 15 mins of fame... i was in the audience on the vanessa show (sadly) during a media studies trip with my college. My mum sat and watched the whole of the show just to see me for a few minutes in the background!! Aww arent mums the best??!!
Old 16-02-2005, 14:44   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Never had 15 minutes of fame, but I have met the guy who coined the phase. Anyone know who it is? There's a million ackers for the first person to get it right.
I'm interested to find out where tealeaf met Andy Warhol, he's a legend in my book!
Col.Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 18:10   #25
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.Kurtz
I'm interested to find out where tealeaf met Andy Warhol, he's a legend in my book!
Hehehehe.... Knowing Tealeaf it was probably in the Stag..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 20:28   #26
Passed away 25-11-09

I've had my share of 15 minutes-es of "local" fame when I lived in Whitby, N Yorks, because I used to do a lot of acting and singing at the Spa Theatre and got me picture in t'local paper a lot. National fame has, so far, eluded me but when I write that Best Seller, well one never knows, do one?

My late husband, who came from Bradford, used to swear he was in the old film "Room at the Top". He said there was a shot of Laurence Harvey on a Bradford bus and that he (my husband) was filmed while getting off the said bus. I saw it 3 times but I never saw HIM. He said he was only 18 at the time and I wouldn't have recognised him. Hmmmm!
Old 17-02-2005, 09:18   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.Kurtz
I met Warhol at his last exibition in london while he was alive. I think it was 1986 or maybe 87 and it was at the Antony d'Offay gallery in Dering Street, Mayfair. (The same gallery where some say Lennon met Ono)
My after-work pub at the time was opposite the gallery and on a friday evening I walked round there for a pint and found not just the pub, but the entire street mobbed.

Eventually I got a beer and wandered outside into the crowd. I was near the main entrance to the gallery and after 20 minutes or so the crowd parted as a minor cavalcade arrived. In the middle was a white '50's Cadillac Covertible containing your legend and his entourage, namely a gentleman of African extraction aprox. 7ft tall and a couple of dwarfs, who I believe were Mexican. In the melee that followed, a large element of the crowd, including myself entered the gallery at which point I swapped my beer for a glass of white wine and proceeded to wander around the exhibits trying to look reasonably 'arty' (although it did'nt help that I was wearing a pin-stripe suit at the time).

After about 10 minutes of this malarky some very horny looking blonde chick came along and herded us into a little group. Warhol strolled over, raised his hands and said 'Hi'. I replied 'Howdo' and then he strolled away.

I think it was only a few months later that he died.

By way of interest, one of my current after work pubs is frequented by Tracey Emin. She lives on the same street as our very own Jeanette Winterson, who when not writing books has just opened an old fashioned grocery shop, about 400 yds from where I am now.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 11:52   #28

Thanks for that tealeaf, interesting stuff.
I've not had my 15 mins yet BTW, hope it's for something good when I get it lol.
Col.Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 15:16   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
Nature of the beast ???? mmmm my bro was addicted to that as we taped it n bloody wore the tape out would love to get a copy. Mthead what part did u play in it?!?
not a part as such,when they were moving machinery out of factory on waggons i was one of the mob jumping on and smashing lorry.good fun LOL
Old 17-02-2005, 16:39   #30
Resting in peace

Had 10 minutes of fame repeatedly, as I turn up on OU TV broadcasts from time to time.

Also worked in Rep in Stoke on Trent, and got my name on the programme several times. Even had a review (a good one) in the Staffordshire Evening Sentinel!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..