Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Britcliffe monthly. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/britcliffe-monthly-18823.html)

Neil 01-02-2009 16:16

Re: Britcliffe monthly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 674637)
I got the calendar with Paul Barton on it as well, and I live in Peel ward, a couple of streets away from Graham Jones.:confused:

Maybe the person posting them gets his fags from the Magic Wok ;)

Bernard Dawson 01-02-2009 17:18

I have told that the labour councillors in Peel Ward Bernard Dawson and Graham Jones refused to have anything to do with the calender because it was being funded by the Council and not the individual Councillors

Apparently they thought the money could be better spent on projects in Peel and Barnfield.

jaysay 02-02-2009 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 674518)
As far as i was aware, Jaysay Bernard Dawson and Graham Jones do represent my ward....i got a crimbo card off them (Yippee!) and they were both involved in the protest re the Drug Centre on Avenue Parade.

Best Regards - Taggy

Bernard and Graham represent Peel Ward, Paul is Barnfield Taggy that's the point I was trying to make, but why you should get a Calendar from Paul, well who knows why:confused:

jaysay 02-02-2009 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Owen (Post 674688)
I have told that the labour councillors in Peel Ward Bernard Dawson and Graham Jones refused to have anything to do with the calender because it was being funded by the Council and not the individual Councillors

Apparently they thought the money could be better spent on projects in Peel and Barnfield.

You seem very well informed Robert:rolleyes:

Taggy 02-02-2009 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 674898)
Bernard and Graham represent Peel Ward, Paul is Barnfield Taggy that's the point I was trying to make, but why you should get a Calendar from Paul, well who knows why:confused:

I'll get really worried if i get a Valantines Card Jaysay!!! LOL!:D

Best Regards - Taggy

Bernard Dawson 02-02-2009 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 674899)
You seem very well informed Robert:rolleyes:

Jaysay I am not that well informed.I just got an email explaining the situation thats all.

Gayle 02-02-2009 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 674898)

Because it wasn't produced by Wards it was produced by Area Councils - in their case the area council is for Peel and Barnfield!

In Ossy it's three wards. BTW - I never got one. I wonder why!

jaysay 02-02-2009 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 674951)
I'll get really worried if i get a Valantines Card Jaysay!!! LOL!:D

Best Regards - Taggy

You and me alike Taggy, and I kow Paul quite well:D

jaysay 02-02-2009 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 674971)
Because it wasn't produced by Wards it was produced by Area Councils - in their case the area council is for Peel and Barnfield!

In Ossy it's three wards. BTW - I never got one. I wonder why!

Must have known you already had a FORP calendar Gayle:D

Bernard Dawson 02-02-2009 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 675050)
You and me alike Taggy, and I kow Paul quite well:D

Jaysay If you know Councillor Paul Barton quite well, you could ask him how much it cost to produce those calenders

ClarePritchard 03-02-2009 09:15

Always happy to help with the costs of the calendars. They were funded by the council generally not each individual area council and cost in the region of £450 per area. No Labour Councillors were involved in any way as we believe that its not the best use of public money, most Labour Councillors pay for their own Christmas Cards and mine have a calendar on the back of them (if you look closely you will notice that on the Peel and Barnfield calendar Tony Dobsons phone number is wrong !!!!)

jaysay 03-02-2009 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Owen (Post 675075)
Jaysay If you know Councillor Paul Barton quite well, you could ask him how much it cost to produce those calenders

With you appearing to be new on here, I see very few people these days because I don't get out much any more becase of very poor health

Neil 03-02-2009 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarePritchard (Post 675305)
They were funded by the council generally not each individual area council and cost in the region of £450 per area.

How many areas are there please?

ClarePritchard 04-02-2009 09:14

3 areas did the calendars and the exact costs were Great harwood £473, Peel and Barnfield £457 and Oswaldtwistle £539

Bernard Dawson 04-02-2009 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarePritchard (Post 675744)
3 areas did the calendars and the exact costs were Great harwood £473, Peel and Barnfield £457 and Oswaldtwistle £539

Does that include the cost of delivering the calenders as well?