Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   woodland burials (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/woodland-burials-19081.html)

Doug 19-01-2006 15:54

Re: woodland burials

Contaminating coastal waters is a offence Grannyclerat, you’ve seen the rubbish that gets washed up at Cleveleys, why in gods name would you want to sail off into the sunset in that sqit. :D :D :D

lettie 19-01-2006 16:19

I think it sounds rather nice. Doug is right about the contamination of waterways etc. It is not illegal to bury someone wherever you choose but there are rules to be followed in order to inform people etc, therefore some sites would never be acceptable. We have guidelines for people wanting to bury babies, and it is acceptable for them to be buried in the parent's garden (a fact that the local police found quite shocking). As long as the burial is of a measured depth, does not interfere with waterways and any future buyers of the house must be informed of the burial. There are several other points which must be adhered to but it is legal.

Neil 19-01-2006 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettie
it is acceptable for them to be buried in the parent's garden

I think a gravestone in the back garden would put me of purchasing a house.

Doug 19-01-2006 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
That’s a pleasant and comforting thought spuggie, very commendable comments which will put you on my to give list for the next time it will let me give you karma. :)

woodland burials 19-01-2006 23:44 A touch of brown nosing

Oh dear, four away, :) did we not like it then……….. idiot. What does it matter? Is some little dick not getting the attention then. :D :D

garinda 19-01-2006 22:54

Quote:

woodland burials 19-01-2006 23:44 A touch of brown nosing

Oh dear, four away, :) did we not like it then……….. idiot. What does it matter? Is some little dick not getting the attention then. :D :D

What's that mean???

grannyclaret 19-01-2006 22:59

Quote:

Contaminating coastal waters is a offence Grannyclerat, you’ve seen the rubbish that gets washed up at Cleveleys, why in gods name would you want to sail off into the sunset in that sqit. :D :D :D

i rather fancy a burial at sea :rolleyes: ...being chucked off a ship with a union jack over...:cool: .but then again,,maybe not..

garinda 19-01-2006 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret
i rather fancy a burial at sea :rolleyes: ...being chucked off a ship with a union jack over...:cool: .but then again,,maybe not..

Granny you might end up washed up in Morecambe, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.;)

Doug 19-01-2006 23:06

Quote:

Granny, they have even bigger worms out at sea…..I’m not sure that burial at sea is as romantic and glorious as it first appears.

I’m not all that keen to make arrangement of any kind, but I quite liked the wicker basket that was on the news, something of a pagan bent to it I thought. It would certainly be more fetching stood up in the corner at the wake than a tradition box…..:)

ANNE 19-01-2006 23:37

When I go they can do what ever they like with me coz I wont be there.
But I have given strict instructions has to what is to happen to me.
I want a party. Not a wake.

ANNE 19-01-2006 23:40

I do like the woods idea.
It would be nice to know my remains are doing some good.

junetta 20-01-2006 00:28

Folks get put into holes in walls here as the ground is too hard to dig into. Each year, on a certain date, all the families go to the churchyard to have a party with their loved ones. Sounds rather nice!

grannyclaret 20-01-2006 01:23

a nice egyption sacoficus (cant spell it)would be a nice idea

Less 20-01-2006 05:47

Quote:

well you could wait for high tide,, and then feed me to the fish,,:D

Go for it granny, I would love to see greenpeace spending hours trying to get you to swim back out.

godfrey 21-01-2006 14:44

At the last funeral I attended for an old friend in Maulden, he had a green burial.
He was a delightful old codger. Parkinsons never did clog his active brain, he would always jump in on a badly thought out argument. So I dare say that he had specified his own green funeral.

I was over the moon to see that he was the first to be buried in this virgin green field. On top of that he was in a cardboard box. What a laugh.

katex 22-01-2006 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
I think a gravestone in the back garden would put me of purchasing a house.

Just reminded me that my mother-in-law's ashes are somewhere in my back garden, not so bad as a burial I know, however, as ex-hubby hasn't been around for 19 years, good job she and I got on well .. couldn't really tell him to "Go! and take your mother with you!".
Makes you think about the baby thing however, would be traumatic if the parents ever moved house and have to remove the remains to their new premises don't you think.