Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Christian Science (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/christian-science-19196.html)

Less 11-11-2013 12:19

Re: Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083071)
does an airline pilot check the date on his flight manual before he takes the joystick? I think not.

I'm sure BG will come back to you on that one.
:)

Quote:

Better watch out. You might die in bed tonight.

Are you threatening a member? It certainly looks like it, I'll report your post just in case, so that the mods can decide.
:D

Boeing Guy 11-11-2013 12:25

Quote:

An interesting post Margaret but does an airline pilot check the date on his flight manual before he takes the joystick? I think not.

Actually, having upto date manuals on board is a legal requirement and its not called a Joystick, its a Control Column or Yoke (mainly for Boeings) and a Side Stick (mainly Airbus).
I suspect you wrote this to infuriate me, sorry to disapoint.

Btw, I changed my Avatar and Sign off, just for you, I do hope you like it.:eek:

Less 11-11-2013 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1083080)

Btw, I changed my Avatar and Sign off, I do hope you like it.:eek:

I noticed that, by coincidence so have I, I bet the guy I put up is more religious but just as ill informed as your guy.

K99WARD 11-11-2013 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1083070)
You misrepresent me yet again.
I have not said that I am against religion. That is an assumption you, yourself have made.
My spirituality is my business, it has nothing at all to do with you.
It is not something I care to discuss on an open forum. I would never discuss my beliefs, they are private.
Please do me the courtesy of not putting words into my mouth that I haven't said.
You do not know me well enough.

Wrong Margaret! You have made it quite clear where you stand on these matters. Your spirituality is God's business.

K99WARD 11-11-2013 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1083078)
I'm sure BG will come back to you on that one.
:)

Are you threatening a member? It certainly looks like it, I'll report your post just in case, so that the mods can decide.

This is not a threat. Ye know not the day nor the hour. The message is "be ready"

Boeing Guy 11-11-2013 12:46

Are you?
Better get some praying in, just in case

Less 11-11-2013 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083084)
This is not a threat. Ye know not the day nor the hour. The message is "be ready"

O.K. so this isn't a threat is it a bribe? If so I'm 'ready', which pub are you taking me to?

I've got to warn you, I don't come cheap it'll cost you at least 7 pints, after all I've seen what you look like.
:thankya::Banane35:

Boeing Guy 11-11-2013 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1083087)
O.K. so this isn't a threat is it a bribe? If so I'm 'ready', which pub are you taking me to?

I've got to warn you, I don't come cheap it'll cost you at least 7 pints, after all I've seen what you look like.
:thankya::Banane35:

Good job i've just finished my cup of coffee......nearly needed a new Galaxy Tablet:eek:

K99WARD 11-11-2013 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotti34 (Post 1083022)
On a serious note, K99WARD, how can you truly believe in the faith that you are preaching to us when such terrible things are happening in the world even as we write on this thread. For instance the absolute devastation in the Philippines – a deeply religious nation. Is this their reward for believing?
Now start to spout off about why this sort of thing happens. I know you will have some ridiculous reason why it is so. Maybe something about suffering brings us closer to everlasting life or some such twaddle. Or that your God is angry with all the sinners in the world and so the innocent have to suffer, etc., etc., blah! blah! blah!
Sorry fellow Webbers for bringing a bit of gloom and doom to the thread but I have just been watching the devastation on the news – and it is so terrible….
…then I was reminded of all the religious quotes that have been posted from this man (I was going to say nutter – but as I don’t know him I will keep that opinion of him to myself).

It is a common failing of man (and woman) to blame God for man's sin. My wife used to call it "blaming the back shift." So you say, "why doesn't he intervene?" The answer lies in his love. We would all perish for our sins as he doesn't show preferences. He prefers to await his coming again when the saved will be with him in heaven and the unsaved will reap their reward. Just join the losing queue.

Less 11-11-2013 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083089)
It is a common failing of man (and woman) to blame God for man's sin. My wife used to call it "blaming the back shift." So you say, "why doesn't he intervene?" The answer lies in his love. We would all perish for our sins as he doesn't show preferences. He prefers to await his coming again when the saved will be with him in heaven and the unsaved will reap their reward. Just join the losing queue.

Hi Kevin,
Well, I don't blame any mans God for anyones sins, but then if I had a God he wouldn't be as vengeful as yours.

BTW

Oops sorry you don't like initials.

By The Way, I have decided to like the above post, I think it most unfair and hurtful that someone should leave AccyWeb without being liked at least once.
:cool:

Margaret Pilkington 11-11-2013 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083082)
Wrong Margaret! You have made it quite clear where you stand on these matters. Your spirituality is God's business.

No, it is you who are wrong...are you saying that you know more about me than I do about myself?
You are making assumptions without knowing anything about me.
And if it is God's business, then that means it certainly isn't yours.

K99WARD 11-11-2013 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1083021)
Now I get it ... you work as a Walmart greeter; and you do the god thing on the side.

Actually I was a rocket scientist.

Margaret Pilkington 11-11-2013 13:02

and I was Mother Theresa.

Mog 11-11-2013 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083093)

I think you should have a rocket shoved up your jacksy.

Boeing Guy 11-11-2013 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083093)

Setting off Standard Fireworks does not count:D