Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Christian Science (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/christian-science-19196.html)

susie123 11-11-2013 16:42

Re: Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083067)

Sorry it didn't come out as a table. One wonders why you visit this thread when you are so against Christianity. Perhaps you would like to give us the lowdown on your religion. I for one would be interested. It will give me the opportunity of doing some research on it.

She visits probably for the same reason as most of us - you are the gladiator and we are the lions tearing you apart or the spectators enjoying the spectacle.

As for me, I am an atheist who finds the Bible interesting for all the wrong reasons. :eek: :confused: :hehetable :idea::bangh8::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::hes off:

gpick24 11-11-2013 16:47

I have a few questions (they may be a bit silly, but it`s a silly sort of thread), if getting into heaven doesnt require you to be good, but to spread the word of god -
1. What`s the point of having 10 commandments
2. Does that mean any child the dies has no chance of going to heaven because they haven`t lived long enough to spread the word of god.
3. Does anyone who has never learned to read or has never owned a bible has no chance either.
4. Will all gods paedophile church ministers will be welcomed with open arms.
5. Why is there no mention of Kangaroos in the bible.

Eric 11-11-2013 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083136)
Well I am glad that you find it entertaining Eric. A case of laugh now, pay later.

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Wow! Really?

Seems like you are attempting to corner the market on idle words. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly, to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

By the way, do you always talk like this? Is it a side effect of your meds; or a symptom of your derangement?

Less 11-11-2013 16:51

Oh boy, several cans of worms there, the server will suffer for this, bible quotes will be clogging it's memory for days.
:p

Margaret Pilkington 11-11-2013 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1083155)
She visits probably for the same reason as most of us - you are the gladiator and we are the lions tearing you apart or the spectators enjoying the spectacle.

As for me, I am an atheist who finds the Bible interesting for all the wrong reasons. :eek: :confused: :hehetable :idea::bangh8::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::hes off:

Susie...I come to pick the scab...I know it's wrong everything I ever learned tells me it is wrong, but I do so enjoy it.
I don't care if I get blood on my socks...or if I am scarred for life...it will remind me of Accyweb.
But K99 will tell you he knows best, and that isn't the reason I come here....he will tell you I come here to access the profound knowledge that he has, and so willingly gives.

susie123 11-11-2013 17:03

I didn't look at this thread yesterday... well it was Sunday... and have now spent a couple of hours catching up and will not see that again - even though I need all I can get. But it was entertaining.

Margaret Pilkington 11-11-2013 17:07

I really wanted to answer some of those questions that Gpick posed, but I thought I would see what K99 had to say about them first...after all he is the expert.
'Mummy, mummy what's an expert?'
'Well, it's like this son. X marks the spot, and a spurt is a drip under pressure'

JCB 11-11-2013 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1082949)
We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us.

Are you sure ?

Nothing is required of us other than to tell the Gospel . :confused:

Leaving the Old Testament to one side for the time being , are you not conversant with the commands made in the New Testament by Jesus , Paul , James , Peter , John etc .

walkinman221 11-11-2013 17:18

I have come to the conclusion after reading this thread that we are all DOOMED DOOMED i tell ye.:behead::death1::help::evil::evil::evil:

walkinman221 11-11-2013 17:27

Its the power of Accyweb,where else could you get this much entertainment for free. You really cant beat a top class religious nutter for making the day brighter.I have really enjoyed reading this thread , it has made me realise why i dont bother with religion or its acolytes.

K99WARD 11-11-2013 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1083155)

Well at least that's honest susie—but what about salvation?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WZIdL8tHWl8

Restless 11-11-2013 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1083161)
Susie...I come to pick the scab....

I was reading before that some people like to eat them. hmmmm

Less 11-11-2013 17:36

Christian Science

Quote:

Originally Posted by K99WARD (Post 1083172)
Well at least that's honest susie—but what about salvation?

What about salvation? How disappointed you are going to feel when you pop your clogs after a lifetime of resisting temptation and find....

NOTHING, zilch, nada!

Almost wish there was an afterlife so we could laugh at you again.

walkinman221 11-11-2013 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1083157)
I have a few questions (they may be a bit silly, but it`s a silly sort of thread), if getting into heaven doesnt require you to be good, but to spread the word of god -
1. What`s the point of having 10 commandments
2. Does that mean any child the dies has no chance of going to heaven because they haven`t lived long enough to spread the word of god.
3. Does anyone who has never learned to read or has never owned a bible has no chance either.
4. Will all gods paedophile church ministers will be welcomed with open arms.
5. Why is there no mention of Kangaroos in the bible.

The answer to number five is simple they hadnt discovered Australia when the bible was written:rolleyes::D:D As for the others i am struggling sorry, probably due to apathy.:eek::D

jaysay 11-11-2013 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1083175)
What about salvation? How disappointed you are going to feel when you pop your clogs after a lifetime of resisting temptation and find....

NOTHING, zilch, nada!

Almost wish there was an afterlife so we could laugh at you again.

Just pop back and read the latest posts again Less, then you can pee yourself all over again:D