Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2009, 11:55   #1
God Member

1p sale at M&S

1p bonanza at M&S - MSN Money Consumer Centre | Money saving tips | Consumer advice | Scams exposed

sounds interesting
Old 20-05-2009, 12:06   #2
God Member

Re: 1p sale at M&S

It happened this morning... saw em all queuing! lol

Someone said tho, they have stamped M&S on a lot of stuff... dunno how true this is, or where they stamped it
Old 20-05-2009, 12:19   #3
God Member

The Martin Lewis weekly email said-
To celebrate its 125th birthday, M&S is holding a three-day Penny Bazaar from Wednesday 20 – Friday 22 May. Twenty different products will be available for just 1p each, subject to availability; it’s worth turning up early if you want to grab a bargain, as stocks are expected to sell out quickly.

Items in the 1p sale include five different jewellery sets, purses, scarves, knickers, ties, cufflinks, socks, leather passport holders, leather luggage tags, mugs, tea towels, retro sweets and drinks, beach balls and beach toys. There’s a maximum of five items per customer.

Whilst at 1p all items offer good value, some items in the sale are likely to be bigger bargains than others. For example, leather luggage tags are often sold cheaply, but typically more expensive items such as purses, jewellery sets and ties are likely to be the ones to watch.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 12:24   #4
God Member

PS - I forgot to add this -
From Thursday 21 to Monday 25 May M&S is having an online and in store event, with 20% off core home items such as crockery, towels, glasses and bedding, and up to 40% off furniture, as well as deals on beauty products and menswear. Reduced items are not included in the promotion.

M&S is also currently having an online sale with 30% off womenswear, menswear and kidswear (detailed on M&S' current offers page).

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 16:17   #5
God Member

such a shame it wasnt on the childrens wear, i always buy Reece's school trousers from Marks, they are the best and last all year, and wash really well, i wouldnt ever buy them from anywhere else

i got 3 pairs for £13 last year and the years he was at primary school i've always bought them in July(for the following September)...in the sale, usually buy one get one free

remarkable

Last edited by flashy; 20-05-2009 at 16:20.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 21:12   #6
white rabbits

I went to m&s today in Cleveleys,,,Not a sausage to be had there
Old 21-05-2009, 09:20   #7
God Member

Came past M & S this morning on my way to work, there was a huge queue stretching across Broadway just after 9 o'clock - don't know if they were only letting so many in at a time or what but the queue was enough to put me off finding out.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 09:40   #8
Senior Member+

when i went past they only had cans and sweets left on the 1p thingy

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..