Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2009, 20:10   #1
God Member

General Election - Do you think the time is now?

Before we get intervention from the resident Nanny....I think yes.
How the hell can the UK go forward with this bunch of Cretins?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-05-2009, 20:18   #2
God Member

Re: General Election - Do you think the time is now?

Well most MP's will be pooping their pants at the thought of a general election because of what that would mean for them. They will have to face the very people that they have been robbing blind and I dont meen tax either. I would hazzard a guess that at least 40% could end up being binned by the electorate. The General Election when it comes will with luck force change in the house and there will be a new era. Well I hope so anyway.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009, 20:58   #3
God Member

Most of them will be deselected by their party before they even get to contest their seat.

Candidates are selected by local members of the party they represent.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009, 21:04   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Most of them will be deselected by their party before they even get to contest their seat.

Candidates are selected by local members of the party they represent.
Sorry Gayle, that does not answer the question.
Forget party politics.....do you think the time is right for a General Election?

Old 18-05-2009, 22:34   #5
God Member

no because teh tories would probably win and screw teh poor even more as per usuall

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 06:10   #6
God Member

Considering that the speaker is now being push towards a untenible position then yes. It is looking that the sooner the better though it is down to Gogs as to whether it happens or not.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-05-2009, 09:50   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Considering that the speaker is now being push towards a untenible position then yes. It is looking that the sooner the better though it is down to Dogs as to whether it happens or not.
Don'T expect anything before June next year Spugs, our Gordon wants to carry on saving the Universe as long as he can, Gordon's brand new world
Old 19-05-2009, 19:00   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don'T expect anything before June next year Spugs, our Gordon wants to carry on saving the Universe as long as he can, Gordon's brand new world
Brown won't call an election beacuse the chances of Labour getting a majority are Zero! the best possible result would be a hung Parliment, but even that is clutching at straws...as far as I'm concerned he can leave it until the last possible moment. God help low earners and pensioners when the Tories do get in!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 19:05   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Brown won't call an election beacuse the chances of Labour getting a majority are Zero! the best possible result would be a hung Parliment, but even that is clutching at straws...as far as I'm concerned he can leave it until the last possible moment. God help low earners and pensioners when the Tories do get in!
god help anyone up north , cameron has made it quite clear he has a dislike for the north yet people up here will still vote for the clown

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 19-05-2009, 19:25   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
god help anyone up north , cameron has made it quite clear he has a dislike for the north yet people up here will still vote for the clown
He means north of Gretna..............It seams that you and Mancie voted for the clown we've got now.

Old 19-05-2009, 19:36   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
He means north of Gretna..............It seams that you and Mancie voted for the clown we've got now.
apart from the BNP I'll vote for any party that has a chance of keeping the Tories out...I don't know about you Royboy but I had to live here with that lot in power..or did I just have a bad dream that lasted 18yrs?
Old 19-05-2009, 19:43   #12
God Member

no matter how bad things get under labour it will NEVER be anywhere near as bad as if the tories get in

unless of course your pretty well off then you will be looked after which is how the tories operate and always will do

labour should have gotten rid of brown ages ago infact they shoudl have got rid of blair long before he left and let somone who is actually labour run labour

Old 19-05-2009, 19:58   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
no matter how bad things get under labour it will NEVER be anywhere near as bad as if the tories get in
labour should have gotten rid of brown ages ago infact they shoudl have got rid of blair long before he left and let somone who is actually labour run labour
There all dead apart from Ken Livingston and The beast of Balsover.
Tony Benn is still with us but a bit past it.
New Labour was the ticket and it went tits up in the first year.
Bring back John Prescott if you like but.............come on.
For the younger generation please explain who would be your Labour saviour?

Old 19-05-2009, 20:37   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Is that even though he cant save himself. Time he realised that the country comes first. A quick general election which I would llike to see would mean defeat and he dosnt want that. Need a good docter to sort this out.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-05-2009, 20:40   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Is that even though he cant save himself. Time he realised that the country comes first. A quick general election which I would llike to see would mean defeat and he dosnt want that. Need a good docter to sort this out.
since when has the country come first for politicians Spuggie?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..