Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   If only I was younger ..... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/if-only-i-was-younger-20698.html)

Tinkerbelle 04-04-2006 18:20

If only I was younger .....

Rinds thread 'Tick tick tick' had me thinking. What things do you wish you had done when you were younger that you feel you aren't able to do now?

Or what things would you have done differently that would have changed the course of your life?

I think my main regret will always be, not concentrating on my education enough when I was younger.

those were the days 04-04-2006 18:27

Re: If only I was younger .....

I agree with the education bit, i`ve gone back to education as a mature student, but just wish i`d done it all sooner.
Also wish i`d spent less time fearing what over people thought, which stopped me from trying new things at the time.

Tinkerbelle 04-04-2006 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by those were the days
I agree with the education bit, i`ve gone back to education as a mature student, but just wish i`d done it all sooner.

Yes I've done the mature student bit too. I don't know if you will agree but you never quite feel you still have the opportunities as the school leavers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by those were the days
Also wish i`d spent less time fearing what over people thought, which stopped me from trying new things at the time.

Yes I agree with this also and would add that I also wish I'd taken less notice of peoples oppinions and criticism!

slinky 04-04-2006 18:59

I wish I had my kids a little older.......NOT that I don't adore my little dumplings, but, its a scary world now!! and maybe if I had started older, I wouldn't have even had any in this day and age. So much has changed since we were kids, and I'm only 26, but if you got a slap off a teacher at school, there wasn't any legal pursuits.......you was just guaranteed another off your parents when you got home for being naughty anyway.

I say bring back the old fashioned way of bringing up our kids......and you cant go far wrong!!

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2006 19:05

I wish I'd looked after my teeth better....I would have if I'd known they were going to last this long.

Tinkerbelle 04-04-2006 19:06

As you know Slink it's crossed my mind too whether we had kids to young but I'm still undecided on that yet. I think it's a matter of time will tell. There is advantages and dis-advantages having had them young, at least we get to enjoy our later years with independant children but did we miss out on younger years? I'm not sure. :confused:

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2006 19:16

That's what you think Tink.......before you know it they will be having kids of their own and then you will be tied down with those G'kid thingies that I don't like to talk about!

slinky 04-04-2006 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
That's what you think Tink.......before you know it they will be having kids of their own and then you will be tied down with those G'kid thingies that I don't like to talk about!

Yeah?? me and Tinks have got a good plan for that one!!

1 Bed roomed flat coming up, no room for grand thingies to sleep. And because we were very young when we had them.....we will still be working when they come along!!! so we can't possibly babysit:D :D :D

Tinkerbelle 04-04-2006 19:30

lol! Marg as far as I'm concerned G'kid thingies aren't for life .... they're just for 2 days a year, birthdays and Christmas. Any other day I'll be to busy at the bingo! :D

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2006 19:30

Yeah well.....good plan....hope it works. I planned something like that too....my daughter waited until I retired to have her kidlidids....she was 36 when she had her first....so I thought I had got away with it. So my plan back fired major style......and she really did it brown.... had two of those ankle biters in 3 years....Aaaaaaargh!

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2006 19:31

Well Tinks.....don't say I didn't warn you!

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2006 19:32

The ONLY way you can be really sure you aren't going to have those G'kid thingies....is not to have any children yourself...so you've both blown it there.

slinky 04-04-2006 19:32

Well Margaret.....my oldest son is a little Effeminate, and I'm hoping he may be gay anyway. And my youngest is a lads lad, and hates us females.....and I'm hoping he will stay that way. Therefor, maybe I will not need the one bed roomed flat after all:D :D

Tinkerbelle 04-04-2006 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Well Tinks.....don't say I didn't warn you!

lol! I was going to say "NO" usually works but we have a thing in our family its called the 'don't even think about asking' look! That's very effective. :D

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2006 19:34

ooooh Slinky you've got it fixed there!