Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Moral dilema. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/moral-dilema-23810.html)

garinda 24-08-2006 15:43

Moral dilema.

Following on from the questioning one of our members about what he would do if he had some information about a planned crime, what would you do in a similar situation?

The scene-

Police appeal for information after a woman has been raped.

A close relative admits he is the person the police are seeking, but swears that it wasn't rape but a drunken consensual liason.

What would you do if the person said he wasn't going to hand himself in and explain his stated innocence?

KIPAX 24-08-2006 16:00

Re: Moral dilema.

Quote:

but swears that it wasn't rape but a drunken consensual liason.

If she was drunk then it should still be rape.

chav1 24-08-2006 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIPAX

why ?

not saying women have to be drunk to shag me but theres been quite a few who have had a drink or 2 previous but then again i have had alchol too , does that mean ive been raped ? :eek:

KIPAX 24-08-2006 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav1
Quote:

why ?

SPUGGIE J 24-08-2006 16:31

Quote:

why ?

not saying women have to be drunk to shag me but theres been quite a few who have had a drink or 2 previous but then again i have had alchol too , does that mean ive been raped ? :eek:

A very valid point. it works both ways.

chav1 24-08-2006 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
A very valid point. it works both ways.

like most things it dosnt though

SPUGGIE J 24-08-2006 16:39

Quote:

another point is that if it wasnt for alchol a hell of a lot of people wouldnt be getting laid period ;)

You aint implying what I am thinkinking are you Chav?? :eek::p

Alcohol the best thing to make bad look good! :eek::p

garinda 24-08-2006 16:40

Quote:

That's not the point, he said they were drunk, the police haven't.

Would you inform on the family member to the police?

SPUGGIE J 24-08-2006 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
That's not the point, he said they were drunk, the police haven't.

Would you inform on the family member to the police?

The police will make their own judgement based on any evidence. As for dobbing in the only people who can answer are those involved.

The fact they were drunk could predudice the case due to past incedents of this type.

Gayle 24-08-2006 16:44

I would first attempt to encourage the family member to do it on their own accord.

I would then try to find a mutual contact or someone who knew the victim to find out a little more about the situation.

But yes, ultimately if I felt it all stacked up then yes, I would inform the police.

KIPAX 24-08-2006 16:45

I meant your story was flawed... She said its rape.. he said she was drunk.. thus he is saying its rape as well IMHO

Your story asks would you believe him that he wasnt guilty or at least take into account if it was rape or not before deciding to tell.. Had you left out the drunk bit then there would be a dillema and a harder choice... If you believe 100% your family member says he didn't rape.... in your story he is as good as saying he did rape which effects your decision .

garinda 24-08-2006 16:49

Quote:

I meant your story was flawed... She said its rape.. he said she was drunk.. thus he is saying its rape as well IMHO

Your story asks would you believe him that he wasnt guilty or at least take into account if it was rape or not before deciding to tell.. Had you left out the drunk bit then there would be a dillema and a harder choice... If you believe 100% your family member says he didn't rape.... in your story he is as good as saying he did rape which effects your decision .

The story isn't flawed. A woman was raped and the police appeal for information. A close relative tells you it is him they are seeking but says it wasn't rape and they were both drunk, i.e. you only have his word for it.

Do you inform the police if he doesn't?

SPUGGIE J 24-08-2006 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle
I would first attempt to encourage the family member to do it on their own accord.

I would then try to find a mutual contact or someone who knew the victim to find out a little more about the situation.

But yes, ultimately if I felt it all stacked up then yes, I would inform the police.

A nice honest answer that Gayle. Me I dont know what I would do a bit of a rock and a hard place question for me.

accymel 24-08-2006 16:59

Quote:

why ?

Unless you are bummed mate!! Technically A woman cant force a man to be forced into 'performing' unless he wants to - simply it wont rise to the occaison, whereas a womans bits can be penetrated whether she wants to or not certainly by force or not!

Would say if you would be classed as sexually assaulted by a woman if that was the case closest thing for men to be raped is by other men with intention of doing your botty without consent or by force - quite horrific & is same intent as in case of a woman being raped either by front or back entrance.

Rape = its penetrated sexual assault by force or against the will of the victim. Trust me its not a nice experience & something not to joke about, specially bothers me when people 'cry wolf' it itself is abuse of the system & needed resources for genuine victims & for someone to use it as a cop out for their own actions is quite insulting!! Rape is a frightening nasty experience & even very life threatening that effects the victim & their family for a very long time after & causes long term effects.

KIPAX 24-08-2006 17:00

Then your question should read

A woman was raped and the police appeal for information. A close relative tells you it is him they are seeking but and it was rape and they were both drunk.

Your original post did not say they where both drunk and you indicated in the first line that it was a planned crime. your latest version does not adhere to either of those points.