Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Campaign To Keep The Arndale Clock (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/campaign-to-keep-the-arndale-clock-3257.html)

KIPAX 06-08-2004 19:16

Re: Campaign To Keep The Arndale Clock

As for copyright.. well thats a difficult subject.. if you havent stated its your picture and you took it then they could presume its in the public domain... after all you ahve given them permission to download it onto there computer by having it on the web... if you dont want them to use it for anything other than displaying in a web page you made then I think your supposed to tell them.

See the copyright notice on the official accy website for an idea.. its on the bottom of every page.

WillowTheWhisp 06-08-2004 19:18

No "fault" on your part Roy but just a pity that the Observer couldn't at least have named the website and given it credit for the source of the photo. If anyone used one of theirs without reference to source I think they'd probably be a bit miffed.

KIPAX 06-08-2004 19:18

Well if that pic has appeared on this website then ya gave them permission.. I doubt willow is too worried about them using it.. only the cheek of not asking... but i could be wrong :)

WillowTheWhisp 06-08-2004 19:20

:s_lol: see my previous post

ShortStuff 06-08-2004 21:09

It was good to see an article on the front page inspired (wrote by?) AccyWeb - but I too was dissappointed that it didn't mention the website address.

Acrylic-bob 07-08-2004 09:25

Hi y'all. Strewth, nothing happens for weeks and then you go away for a couple of days and you miss all the fun!

I read the article on the front page of the Observer with great relish this morning. But, as others have already pointed out there is no official statement from HBC. No change there then and no surprise either. Still, I think an huge vote of thanks is due to Kipax and Atarah and Roy for the input that got us this far. Onward and upwards chaps!

It does not surprise me either to discover that the estimable Mr Rix is the tardy council official with the snotty secretary who thinks that she is far too grand to concern herself with the hoi-polloi. Methinks it is high time we all got writing! Don't bother with emails, they will be ignored. Letters on paper are harder to disregard.

Has anyone taken the time to read the brief article in the Observer at the bottom of page 11 titled 'Golden Handshake Cap Plan Scrapped' ? I have, and now I know where most of the Council's money is going.

For those of you who do not have access to the Observer, I will post what it says in a new thread.

Ceejache 07-08-2004 09:38

I've seen it AB. It would seem that HBC are too busy with the act of self-preservation than to bother with us plebs! I see Mr.Rix was involved in the decision making process so I wouldn't expect a reply in the next fortnight or so Kipax!

Atarah 04-05-2012 21:13

This thread was started way back in 2004. Today, in the Observer, it gives the impression something MIGHT be done about the Andy Plant clock. It would be smashing to see the clock returned to its rightful place int he Arndale.

cashman 04-05-2012 21:47

Would love to see it replaced, but set no store by owt in Observer, if they told me it was Saturday, i wouldn't take notice.

annesingleton 04-05-2012 22:54

I think it might be a good idea to restore the clock, get rid of the Arndale centre and restore things to what they were before if that were possible.

jaysay 05-05-2012 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 989617)
Would love to see it replaced, but set no store by owt in Observer, if they told me it was Saturday, i wouldn't take notice.

Well it would probably be monday cashy:rolleyes:

WillowTheWhisp 05-05-2012 16:01

Years ago the Observer gave the impression that this website had been instrumental in winning a campaign to restore the Arndale clock - but nothing ever came of that so whatever is being said now I would take with a huge pinch of salt. We'd still need the Arndale centre Anne, to put the clock in because it isn't an outdoor clock.