Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Easy way to stop smoking..... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/easy-way-to-stop-smoking-34229.html)

slinky 20-10-2007 23:56

Re: Easy way to stop smoking.....

OK

I'm officially bored now!!

NEXT!!!!!

BERNADETTE 21-10-2007 00:10

I can see both points in this debate, Slinky you believe quite rightly that this book has helped you kick the fags into touch. What Bonnyboy is saying is that if you hadn't been ready to quit no book could have helped you. On that note I'm off for a fag:D I am not ready for quitting!!!

Bonnyboy 21-10-2007 00:15

Dint me to bore you slinky, twas gerrin rather long winded tho. You can have one of me beers if that helps :) Truce?

slinky 21-10-2007 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 483439)
I can see both points in this debate, Slinky you believe quite rightly that this book has helped you kick the fags into touch. What Bonnyboy is saying is that if you hadn't been ready to quit no book could have helped you. On that note I'm off for a fag:D I am not ready for quitting!!!

Bernie that is what I have said all the way through this thread. I said it about Lilly earlier, and she agreed with me. You do have to want to quit. But the book does help the FEELINGS you get when you are trying to give up.

My point was, you can't just knock something if you have never tried it.

Thats the end of it now!!

slinky 21-10-2007 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 483441)
Dint me to bore you slinky, twas gerrin rather long winded tho. You can have one of me beers if that helps :) Truce?

Now ya talking!! pass em over big lad :D:D:D

Bonnyboy 21-10-2007 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 483443)
Now ya talking!! pass em over big lad :D:D:D

Why do men fall for that line BIG lad...it's beyond me, here's a case of the stuff slinky, some spirits in there too, take yer pick lass :p

slinky 21-10-2007 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 483444)
Why do men fall for that line BIG lad...it's beyond me, here's a case of the stuff slinky, some spirits in there too, take yer pick lass :p

It's ok, I had to EDIT what I wrote..... good job I checked, I had wrote " Now you're talking, P!ss em over big lad " :o

Lilly 21-10-2007 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 483263)
10 a day is nearly £1,000 in a year. Up to £50,000 for your retirement. Enjoy spending that instead.

Enjoy your curtains and soft furnishings not getting stained with tobacco smoke. Not just yours but from smoking friends who visit. With no smoke in your house you wouldn’t have to clean your windows as often or wipe down the woodwork and not forgetting things like the telly, hard chairs etc.

You gave up for 9 months so you can do it again without having to get pregnant. You know you can - you just need a gentle push in the right direction.

DON’T LIGHT THAT NEXT FAG.

Make a conscious effort to put it back in the packet and then look at your clock and YOU decide when you are going to light it. Come on! Five or ten minutes isn’t going to make that much difference is it? Then if you must, light it or YOU decide to wait just another five minutes.

But you will have wrested control of your smoking from a self confessed pleasurable habit to conscious effort. Do the same with each fag that you take out of the packet but extend the time.

You will be chucking them away in no time and having the pleasure of spending the money that you save. You will have replaced one pleasure with another.

I never smoke anywhere in my house so I don't have the horrors of smelly curtains, settees etc.

katex 21-10-2007 10:34

All your advice is good Jambutty, but could you not have held off a little too, whilst the photograph was taken of you in your avatar .. :D

Lilly: the smoke in the house is a good incentive, particularly as I have just had downstairs newly decorated and I keep looking up at the ceiling to see if it is turning yellow yet.

As lots of my friends smoke too, I would not stop them from enjoying a cigarette in my home though and ban them to the garden on a cold winter's day. Do you ?

Lilly 21-10-2007 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 483516)
All your advice is good Jambutty, but could you not have held off a little too, whilst the photograph was taken of you in your avatar .. :D

Lilly: the smoke in the house is a good incentive, particularly as I have just had downstairs newly decorated and I keep looking up at the ceiling to see if it is turning yellow yet.

As lots of my friends smoke too, I would not stop them from enjoying a cigarette in my home though and ban them to the garden on a cold winter's day. Do you ?

Yes I do. I won't allow anybody to smoke in my house.This is why I tend to go round their houses rather than them coming to mine.:D They haven't got children.

I'd probably be tempted to relax the rules if I didn't have children but I very firmly feel that it's their home too and I don't want all their clothes, toys etc to be smelling of fags, in addition to all the other risks to their health.

jambutty 21-10-2007 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 483516)

I’m not quite sure if I understand what you are saying.

My avatar is me as I am, English (the flag) and how some people might view me.

I was just trying to give Lilly a gentle push to quitting smoking. We all need that, be it from a friend, a stranger or a book. The longest journey starts with the same first step as trip to the local shop.

katex 21-10-2007 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 483685)
I’m not quite sure if I understand what you are saying.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Is that not a fag in your hand then ? Just flashes too quick, but thought it was :D

jambutty 21-10-2007 21:12

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 483687)
Is that not a fag in your hand then ? Just flashes too quick, but thought it was :D

Nope! Nothing in my hands at all.

Here's a larger picture.

katex 21-10-2007 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 483691)
Nope! Nothing in my hands at all.

Here's a larger picture.

Ok .. was mistaken then ... :o

So just to make up .. :wave: Not quite the royal wave like yours but will do.. tee hee.

slinky 22-10-2007 14:38

Still Going Strong :thumbsup::Banane21: