Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   A Law Unto Themselves? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/a-law-unto-themselves-35135.html)

WillowTheWhisp 02-12-2007 20:39

Re: A Law Unto Themselves?

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 499837)
Oh god I hope so Margaret. lol Very entertaining! Doesn't seem much relevence to it now, I think willow may check it out though, I haven't witnessed willow so riled in my short time here!

:D You haven't witnessed me riled at all. I find this thread totally hilarious. But I'm determined to check out these posters now. I've just got to see them for myself. No doubt if I photograph one and they turn out to be exactly as I have been saying then Jambutty will claim they have changed the posters since he was there.

Hey come on folks, fess up. Who phoned Jammy to argue with him about this?

cashman 02-12-2007 20:55

i still think jambutty is wrong, as for the "accywebber" that rang him, he never said that, he said the torag. (see i can do it too.):rofl38::rofl38:

Gayle 02-12-2007 20:58

Shouldn't it be 'toe-rag' - I don't want to be pedantic but everyone else seems to be doing it and I didn't want to be left out. :D

jambutty 02-12-2007 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 499836)
I've got it sussed!

Jambutty is on commission to get more customers to Grimshaw Park ASDA!

Drat! Drat and double Drat!

I’ve been rumbled!

Rushes off to bedroom to remove tenners from under the mattress and hides them somewhere else.

derekgas 02-12-2007 21:20

[quote=[FONT=Arial Black]WillowTheWhisp[/FONT];499851]:D You haven't witnessed me riled at all. I find this thread totally hilarious. But I'm determined to check out these posters now. I've just got to see them for myself. No doubt if I photograph one and they turn out to be exactly as I have been saying then Jambutty will claim they have changed the posters since he was there.

In that case willow, remind me to stay on the right side of you please, I wouldn't like to be there when erm! your undergarments have knots in! lol

cashman 02-12-2007 21:26

Willows a pussycat Derek, ya just aint met her.:);)

derekgas 02-12-2007 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 499867)
Willows a pussycat Derek, ya just aint met her.:);)

Cheers cashman, I will try to remember that, and will be quick to stand you in the middle should you be wrong. lol

jambutty 02-12-2007 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 499851)
:D You haven't witnessed me riled at all. I find this thread totally hilarious. But I'm determined to check out these posters now. I've just got to see them for myself. No doubt if I photograph one and they turn out to be exactly as I have been saying then Jambutty will claim they have changed the posters since he was there.

Hey come on folks, fess up. Who phoned Jammy to argue with him about this?

Pardon me but just exactly where did I mention posters?

I stated a notice at each checkout.

derekgas 02-12-2007 21:35

Hahahahaha! Round 2 ding ding!

jambutty 02-12-2007 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 499860)
Shouldn't it be 'toe-rag' - I don't want to be pedantic but everyone else seems to be doing it and I didn't want to be left out. :D

You know Gayle you are right it is spelled toe-rag according to the Dictionary of Slang and I’m not prepared to challenge it.
Noun. A contemptible or worthless person. From the cloth that was worn around one's feet as a sock, usually by vagrants. [Mid 1800s]

All these years I’ve been labouring under a misapprehension.

WillowTheWhisp 02-12-2007 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 499859)
i still think jambutty is wrong, as for the "accywebber" that rang him, he never said that, he said the torag. (see i can do it too.):rofl38::rofl38:

Ah, you are quite correct Cashy. In that case it couldn't have been an AccyWebber. We don't have any torags on here. Maybe a few toe rags though.
;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 499872)
Pardon me but just exactly where did I mention posters?

I stated a notice at each checkout.

In which case I shall do my best to notice the notices.

andrewb 02-12-2007 22:48

I would jump to the chance to argue against Jambutty providing my argument was correct, however..I think Jambutty is correct if rather a few aspects.

I am currently at the University of Hull so can't comment on the content of the actually sign at Asda.

However, I can say that if Asda are enforcing their own 'law' then,

1) It's going to be bad for business
2) It kinda removes the sovereignty of parliament somewhat, as 18 year olds SHOULD be able to buy alcohol, though as rightly said they're not legally obliged too, although again as jambutty said this could fall under age discrimination, and in my opinion rightly should.

I think a lot of people are having a go at him, regardless of the fact that MANY of you probably haven't seen the sign. Fair enough if it is a 'challenge 21' sign, then hes wrong, i can't comment myself, but if you aint seen it then you can't really say for definite can you?

andrewb 02-12-2007 23:14

Having re-read that I have made various spelling/grammar mistakes, but please take in to account, its 12'ish, I've done two important essays and I'm having a university life ;)

Neil 02-12-2007 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 499839)
Are you going to buy anything when you go willow? I am reasonably sure you may go.

I would be surprised if she bought any booze.

Neil 02-12-2007 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 499896)
However, I can say that if Asda are enforcing their own 'law' then,

1) It's going to be bad for business

Not as bad as if they lost their license. The Co-Op in Ossy almost did. They were caught out selling to under 18 year old's twice. I seam to remember a checkout operator lost her job because of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 499901)
Having re-read that I have made various spelling/grammar mistakes, but please take in to account, its 12'ish, I've done two important essays and I'm having a university life ;)

I hope you proof read them both :rolleyes::D