Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   amsterdam (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/amsterdam-35638.html)

lancsdave 28-12-2007 17:01

Re: amsterdam

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 508736)
It's one of the reasons some people go there isn't it?

Yes it is Willow. Although I don't partake myself the Dutch government have a policy of allowing adults to make up their minds, unlike here where we are told when to breathe in and out :mad:

MargaretR 28-12-2007 17:05

I think I would just sit in one and breathe in deeply :D

blazey 28-12-2007 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 508737)
Which is the reason why the original poster didn't go in :rolleyes:

Ah it made him/her sound like they went in when they said it was 'chocka with weed smoke'. One would assume you'd have to go in to know that kind of thing. After all, I assume weed smoke looks very similar to normal tobacco smoke.

MargaretR 28-12-2007 17:11

Eric is the expert - I await his response :)

shillelagh 28-12-2007 18:25

I was 13 when i went to amsterdam with the school and they took us in the coach for a day out - coach driver drove round for about an hour looking for somewhere to drop us off to explore, anyway he gave up and said this is ok for dropping you off room for the coach to park up ....... bang in the middle of the red light district!!! lol The teachers cracked up laughing when they realised where we was and wouldnt let us off the coach, coach driver was embarrassed didnt know where to look..... anyway he dropped us off elsewhere and eventually most of us found our way back into the red light district anyway. Havent been back since tho.

cashman 28-12-2007 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 508748)
Ah it made him/her sound like they went in when they said it was 'chocka with weed smoke'. One would assume you'd have to go in to know that kind of thing. After all, I assume weed smoke looks very similar to normal tobacco smoke.

its a bit heavier i would say, but it sure as hell smells differant.:D

panther 28-12-2007 18:50

I would have thought people who know someone who smokes it should know what it stinks like. maybe they just used to it........i havent a clue, though i have been told it reeks:D

MargaretR 28-12-2007 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 508852)
its a bit heavier i would say, but it sure as hell smells differant.:D

Has a different effect too
OK I don't tell lies ... I DID inhale
My excuse .... I am an old hippy child of the 60's
Waiting patiently for NHS approval for use by arthritics :D

madmal_1 28-12-2007 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 508748)

when i opened the cafe door it all puffed out at me it smelt awful so we dident go in next time il call fire briggade and see what happens lol

blazey 29-12-2007 00:37

All smoke smells awful, the smell I hate most is the smell of fog machine 'smoke', thats horrible.

I am just glad I am not a smoker, any type of smoke is disgusting.

derekgas 29-12-2007 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 509050)
All smoke smells awful, the smell I hate most is the smell of fog machine 'smoke', thats horrible.

I am just glad I am not a smoker, any type of smoke is disgusting.

Now there is a subtle statement, a perfect opportunity to have a real dig at smokers, I can't decide if you missed it, or made a point of wording it correctly, either way, I am impressed.

blazey 29-12-2007 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 509107)
Now there is a subtle statement, a perfect opportunity to have a real dig at smokers, I can't decide if you missed it, or made a point of wording it correctly, either way, I am impressed.

What are you on about? I dont mind smokers, its the smoke I dont like. If its not in my face then I dont particularly care whether people want to kill themselves, but the smoke going into my own lungs isn't wanted! Though young girls who smoke makes me feel queazy, it doesnt look nice and I imagine they'd have trouble finding a boyfriend smelling like an ashtray!