Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   amsterdam (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/amsterdam-35638.html)

madmal_1 26-12-2007 17:50

amsterdam

i spent all day in amsterdam whent to 5 cafe,s before i found one to have a drink all the others was chocka with weed smoke they all looked miseble and it was realy thick with it i think it,s a big let down for amsterdam:mad:

Stanleymad 26-12-2007 17:54

Re: amsterdam

We spent a lovely day in Amsterdam walking round seeing the sights, getting lost seeing more sights, amazing how many sights we saw in a day. I enjoyed it tho we didnt spend time in cafes as aware of the wacky baccy also avoided the red light [no interest to see my own sex:p]. would like to go back the architecture & canals was brilliant. The people were really nice & genuinely friendly:D

cashman 26-12-2007 18:55

its like anything,it depends where you go, theres good n bad in most citys, have visited Amsterdam 3/4 times once stayed 1 month, its a great city,lovely people,much to see, like i said depends where you go.:rolleyes:p.s. and what your looking for.

Tin Monkey 26-12-2007 19:46

Must say that when I was in Amsterdam I hardly saw any evidence of those types of cafes. I knew they were there, but found it no problem to avoid them.
Like others have said, I found Amsterdam a great place to visit, with loads to see and some really unusual architecture. Highly recommend it for a short city break.

Tealeaf 26-12-2007 19:56

Among the list of "50 things to do before you die", is not spending a weekend in an Amsterdam prison one of them? Or is it a weekend in a Mexican prison and a weekend in an Amsterdam house of ill repute? Or is it a Nigerian brothel? I do know that seeing Accy stanley play is on that list, somewhere. Once you've done so many, you start to get confused.

lancsdave 26-12-2007 20:28

I think the 'cafes' are one of the main reasons a lot of people go to Amsterdam. Can't even smoke normal fags in ours never mind those 'novelty' ones :D

madmal_1 26-12-2007 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 507954)
We spent a lovely day in Amsterdam walking round seeing the sights, getting lost seeing more sights, amazing how many sights we saw in a day. I enjoyed it tho we didnt spend time in cafes as aware of the wacky baccy also avoided the red light [no interest to see my own sex:p]. would like to go back the architecture & canals was brilliant. The people were really nice & genuinely friendly:D

hi, dont get me wrong the people wur very nice the city is nice a lot of building going on

Stanleymad 26-12-2007 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmal_1 (Post 508032)
hi, dont get me wrong the people wur very nice the city is nice a lot of building going on

LOL & a lot of chained up cycles - never seen so many cycles in my life:eek::D quite a commodity there for them tho.

jackyalex 26-12-2007 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 508013)
Must say that when I was in Amsterdam I hardly saw any evidence of those types of cafes. I knew they were there, but found it no problem to avoid them.
Like others have said, I found Amsterdam a great place to visit, with loads to see and some really unusual architecture. Highly recommend it for a short city break.

im with you on that tin monkey, we spent 2 days in amsterdam and we only seen one of those type of cafe's, lots of pubs too spend your time in and lots to see do and get lost around ( cant say how many times we ended up in china town ), along with the ding ding of the bikes, i almost got run over a few times, fantastic place and i would go back

madmal_1 26-12-2007 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 508049)
LOL & a lot of chained up cycles - never seen so many cycles in my life:eek::D quite a commodity there for them tho.

the bikes want chaining cyclists are loonys lol

blazey 28-12-2007 16:38

I would've thought they had tourist guides (paper ones or people!) to advise you where to go for your tastes so you could avoid cafes that were for smoking cannabis in.

lancsdave 28-12-2007 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 508729)
I would've thought they had tourist guides (paper ones or people!) to advise you where to go for your tastes so you could avoid cafes that were for smoking cannabis in.

I think the tourists guides in Amsterdam are more likely to tell you where the cafes are than not. It's part of the tourist trade :)

blazey 28-12-2007 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 508731)
I think the tourists guides in Amsterdam are more likely to tell you where the cafes are than not. It's part of the tourist trade :)

Well if you know which ones they are then you then know not to go inside!

WillowTheWhisp 28-12-2007 16:59

It's one of the reasons some people go there isn't it?

lancsdave 28-12-2007 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 508734)
Well if you know which ones they are then you then know not to go inside!

Which is the reason why the original poster didn't go in :rolleyes: