Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2007, 17:50   #1

Thumbs down amsterdam

i spent all day in amsterdam whent to 5 cafe,s before i found one to have a drink all the others was chocka with weed smoke they all looked miseble and it was realy thick with it i think it,s a big let down for amsterdam
madmal_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-12-2007, 17:54   #2
God Member

Re: amsterdam

We spent a lovely day in Amsterdam walking round seeing the sights, getting lost seeing more sights, amazing how many sights we saw in a day. I enjoyed it tho we didnt spend time in cafes as aware of the wacky baccy also avoided the red light [no interest to see my own sex]. would like to go back the architecture & canals was brilliant. The people were really nice & genuinely friendly

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2007, 18:55   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its like anything,it depends where you go, theres good n bad in most citys, have visited Amsterdam 3/4 times once stayed 1 month, its a great city,lovely people,much to see, like i said depends where you go.p.s. and what your looking for.
Old 26-12-2007, 19:46   #4
Senior Member+

Must say that when I was in Amsterdam I hardly saw any evidence of those types of cafes. I knew they were there, but found it no problem to avoid them.
Like others have said, I found Amsterdam a great place to visit, with loads to see and some really unusual architecture. Highly recommend it for a short city break.
Old 26-12-2007, 19:56   #5
God Member

Among the list of "50 things to do before you die", is not spending a weekend in an Amsterdam prison one of them? Or is it a weekend in a Mexican prison and a weekend in an Amsterdam house of ill repute? Or is it a Nigerian brothel? I do know that seeing Accy stanley play is on that list, somewhere. Once you've done so many, you start to get confused.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2007, 20:28   #6
God Member

I think the 'cafes' are one of the main reasons a lot of people go to Amsterdam. Can't even smoke normal fags in ours never mind those 'novelty' ones
Old 26-12-2007, 21:09   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
We spent a lovely day in Amsterdam walking round seeing the sights, getting lost seeing more sights, amazing how many sights we saw in a day. I enjoyed it tho we didnt spend time in cafes as aware of the wacky baccy also avoided the red light [no interest to see my own sex]. would like to go back the architecture & canals was brilliant. The people were really nice & genuinely friendly
hi, dont get me wrong the people wur very nice the city is nice a lot of building going on
Old 26-12-2007, 22:05   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmal_1 View Post
hi, dont get me wrong the people wur very nice the city is nice a lot of building going on
LOL & a lot of chained up cycles - never seen so many cycles in my life quite a commodity there for them tho.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2007, 23:17   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Must say that when I was in Amsterdam I hardly saw any evidence of those types of cafes. I knew they were there, but found it no problem to avoid them.
Like others have said, I found Amsterdam a great place to visit, with loads to see and some really unusual architecture. Highly recommend it for a short city break.

im with you on that tin monkey, we spent 2 days in amsterdam and we only seen one of those type of cafe's, lots of pubs too spend your time in and lots to see do and get lost around ( cant say how many times we ended up in china town ), along with the ding ding of the bikes, i almost got run over a few times, fantastic place and i would go back
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2007, 23:44   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
LOL & a lot of chained up cycles - never seen so many cycles in my life quite a commodity there for them tho.
the bikes want chaining cyclists are loonys lol
Old 28-12-2007, 16:38   #11
God Member

I would've thought they had tourist guides (paper ones or people!) to advise you where to go for your tastes so you could avoid cafes that were for smoking cannabis in.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007, 16:51   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I would've thought they had tourist guides (paper ones or people!) to advise you where to go for your tastes so you could avoid cafes that were for smoking cannabis in.
I think the tourists guides in Amsterdam are more likely to tell you where the cafes are than not. It's part of the tourist trade
Old 28-12-2007, 16:56   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think the tourists guides in Amsterdam are more likely to tell you where the cafes are than not. It's part of the tourist trade
Well if you know which ones they are then you then know not to go inside!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007, 16:59   #14
Resident Waffler

It's one of the reasons some people go there isn't it?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007, 16:59   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Well if you know which ones they are then you then know not to go inside!
Which is the reason why the original poster didn't go in

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..