Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   "Silly Cow" Clr Britcliffe (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/silly-cow-clr-britcliffe-37025.html)

Neil 25-02-2008 11:10

Re: "Silly Cow" Clr Britcliffe

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 536490)
Oh yes he did:D

I assume I have referred to him with that word, could have been others but I was just trying to make a point about why was it a sexist comment

Gayle 25-02-2008 11:56

I'm surprised no one has said this before -

But surely the correct response to being called a "silly cow" should have been "that's a strange comment from someone who talks so much bull". :D:D:D

NOTE - smilies just for Jaysay

Neil 25-02-2008 13:22

I thought her name was Colette McCormack not MooCormack

Ok I will get my coat :D

Acrylic-bob 25-02-2008 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 536524)

But surely the correct response to being called a "silly cow" should have been "that's a strange comment from someone who talks so much bull".

As I said earlier, Cllr. McCormack needs to toughen up a bit and learn to give as good as she gets. If she runs off in tears everytime someone says something mildly critical to her she is going to get nowhere, fast.

Madhatter 25-02-2008 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 536458)
Why was it sexist? Because cows are female. If I call you a t**t, which has been known, is that a sexist comment because they are female?

I refer to both men and women as tarts, if I call it a women am I being sexist and not if I call it a man?

He does he bullies me and you lot let him.

actually I don't think you ever have thinking about it, is their a reason why ? unfair treatment on here again :mad: everyone else gets called a t... apart from me.

You've made a good point. I don't know why it comes across as sexist to me neil. I think it's cos he said about string four words together first, then called her a silly cow. It just comes across to me as he's saying she doesn't know what she's on about cos she's a woman.

Silly tart is usually used quite jokingly I think but silly cow is usually a put down. In my opinion of course, your interpretation may be different. As I'm sure Cllr Britcliffes will be.

WillowTheWhisp 25-02-2008 14:31

Cllr Britcliffe can't possibly have an interpretation because the words aren't in his vocabulary ;)

Madhatter 25-02-2008 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob (Post 536580)
As I said earlier, Cllr. McCormick needs to toughen up a bit and learn to give as good as she gets. If she runs off in tears everytime someone says something mildly critical to her she is going to get nowhere, fast.

Critical? no wonder we end up with what we do if councillors think calling the proposer a silly cow is criticising the proposal.

Cllr. McCormick - What's wrong with keeping the name of hyndburn

Cllr Britcliffe - er it's being proposed by woman who you can't string four words together and she's a silly cow

Cllr Jones - you can't say that Britcliffe you sexist bully

Cllr Britcliffe - Oh yes I can

Cllr. McCormick - oh no you can't

Cllr Britcliffe - Oh yes I can

Cllr. McCormick - oh no you can't

What happened in the end anyway did the item get moooved.

jaysay 25-02-2008 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 536524)

But surely the correct response to being called a "silly cow" should have been "that's a strange comment from someone who talks so much bull". :D:D:D

NOTE - smilies just for Jaysay

Thanks Gayle its so much better with smilies:D

jaysay 25-02-2008 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 536596)
Cllr Britcliffe can't possibly have an interpretation because the words aren't in his vocabulary ;)

oh yes it is Willow and far more besides:D

jaysay 25-02-2008 16:53

Well there is one thing about this little tiff between these councllors it sure has created one hell of a thread (am I allowed to say hell on here:D)

WalkOnBRFC 25-02-2008 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 536653)
Well there is one thing about this little tiff between these councllors it sure has created one hell of a thread (am I allowed to say hell on here:D)

Your trouble you Jaysay.. a right little strirrer Lol. I must agree if the Standards Boards Agency people or whatever they call won't hang PB :ph34r8: we sure will :D

:smile:

katex 25-02-2008 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkOnBRFC (Post 536736)
Your trouble you Jaysay.. a right little strirrer Lol. I must agree if the Standards Boards Agency people or whatever they call won't hang PB :ph34r8: we sure will :D

:smile:

Well, your comments on the Observer website will help WalkOnBRC (bloodyhell .. yer user name sure hard to type.. yes, would be better as Walkonstanley ..:)). Have added a contribution myself, but that is far as I am prepared to go. ;)

WalkOnBRFC 25-02-2008 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 536787)
Well, your comments on the Observer website will help WalkOnBRC (bloodyhell .. yer user name sure hard to type.. yes, would be better as Walkonstanley ..:)). Have added a contribution myself, but that is far as I am prepared to go. ;)

Just read it.. at least someone knows how to tell the truth :D

Tealeaf 26-02-2008 17:57

Has it possibly occured to anyone that the object of Mr Britcliffe's observations may well be a silly cow, incapable of stringing a sentance togeather? It is, afterall, a trait not uncommon. My estimate is that it is one pocessed by 99% of all women.

WalkOnBRFC 26-02-2008 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 537222)
Has it possibly occured to anyone that the object of Mr Britcliffe's observations may well be a silly cow, incapable of stringing a sentance togeather? It is, afterall, a trait not uncommon. My estimate is that it is one pocessed by 99% of all women.

Oi teabag! you cheeky monkey!! :eek: