Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Shannon Matthews found alive (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/shannon-matthews-found-alive-37744.html)

polly 13-11-2008 17:56

Re: Shannon Matthews found alive

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 650393)
I see the trial of Karen Matthews and Michael Donovan began this week.

Both defendants have accepted that they knew where Shannon was and that she was not missing.:(

They say that Shannon was drugged and tied to a roof beam by Donovan in a kidnap plot he had hatched with Karen Matthews. They were going to release her in Dewsbury market once the reward money had reached £50,000. Donovan would 'find' her and they would share the money.

How could they think so little of their child?

People like that are an another species to me. :mad:

How could they think so little of their own child?

Cos they are clearly not ' a full shilling' as my granny would have said.

The sad thing is they are so incapable of defining fact from fiction they follow the plot of a film they have seen

Very, very sad

West Ender 13-11-2008 19:56

These creatures are of low intelligence but they knew exactly what they were doing. It was all down to greed and the chance to get something for nothing and, if a child was needed to achieve that, then they would - and did - exploit a child. Unfortunately there are a lot of mothers around like Karen Matthews, no doubt dragged up themselves and continuing the tradition, who think having children around is OK until they become a nuisance or a liability.

The sad thing is that Shannon will, most likely, be just like her mother in 10 years time. She may be fostered until she grows up but the damage has already been done.

garinda 13-11-2008 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 650491)
The sad thing is that Shannon will, most likely, be just like her mother in 10 years time. She may be fostered until she grows up but the damage has already been done.

I hope that she recieves the love and stability that will mean otherwise.

It's not written in stone how we'll turn out.

I know people who had appalling childhoods, who've grown up to be decent members of society, and also people who had secure and loving homes, who've turned out to be complete waste of spaces.

cashman 14-11-2008 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 650551)
I hope that she recieves the love and stability that will mean otherwise.

It's not written in stone how we'll turn out.

I know people who had appalling childhoods, who've grown up to be decent members of society, and also people who had secure and loving homes, who've turned out to be complete waste of spaces.

i can certainly agree with that, know quite a few meself, its terrible what the child went through, but some kids can be very resiliant, lets hope Shannon is one of em.

stevie96 14-11-2008 09:17

the policeman said in court shannons mother was more interested in the ring tone on his phone rather the were abouts of her daughter,just blows my mind the lack of love these sort have for there own flesh and blood:mad:

mrskitty 14-11-2008 09:33

Its appalling.Very scary what people will do for money :(

jaysay 14-11-2008 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrskitty (Post 650591)
Its appalling.Very scary what people will do for money :(

Unfortunately MK we live in a society were people want all the good things in life whilst putting in the least effort to obtain it, thats why we hear of so many scams today.:(

vicky1 14-11-2008 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie96 (Post 650586)
the policeman said in court shannons mother was more interested in the ring tone on his phone rather the were abouts of her daughter,just blows my mind the lack of love these sort have for there own flesh and blood:mad:

Yes I saw this on the news last night and was absolutely disgusted, hopefully justice will be done

Studio25 14-11-2008 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie96 (Post 650586)

But she knew the whereabouts of her daughter. She knew Shannon was safe and well (albeit a little sleepy).

If the general public can watch what was going on from news snippets and say "There's something a bit weird about this" then the police, who don't tell everything about their investigations, would certainly have taken note. It's behaviour like that from her mother that might have sent them down the "This child isn't loved: She may have run away" route.

Tealeaf 14-11-2008 10:00

I wonder if the victim of this dastardly crime will testify in court? It should be interesting to read what she has to say.

polly 15-11-2008 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 650617)
I wonder if the victim of this dastardly crime will testify in court? It should be interesting to read what she has to say.

Personally I do hp[e that the child - and that is all she is - is not put through the ordeal of standing in court and giving evidence against her family.

With a lot of luck she will get good foster parents and this tragic event will be the making of her. In reality.....................................:(

jaysay 16-11-2008 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by polly (Post 651096)
Personally I do hp[e that the child - and that is all she is - is not put through the ordeal of standing in court and giving evidence against her family.

With a lot of luck she will get good foster parents and this tragic event will be the making of her. In reality.....................................:(

If she has to give evidence it will probable be through a video link polly

Lilly 04-12-2008 13:28

Karen Matthews And Michael Donovan Guilty Of Kidnapping Shannon Matthews in Dewsbury Moor | UK News | Sky News

Karen Matthews and Michael Donovan have been found guilty of kidnap, false imprisonment and perverting the course of justice.

The hunt for Shannon cost the public 3.2 million pounds. :(

They will be sentenced later.

magpie 04-12-2008 13:35

This I am afraid will be another case, where they will only get a few years in prison ( if that)
and when they come out, we the public will have to pay for them to have a new identity and new life: watch this space.

Lilly 04-12-2008 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 657299)
This I am afraid will be another case, where they will only get a few years in prison ( if that)
and when they come out, we the public will have to pay for them to have a new identity and new life: watch this space.

I wouldn't have thought they'd be given new identities but we shall see.