Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Un Moderated CHAT (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/un-moderated-chat-38115.html)

Reidy 29-03-2008 00:58

Un Moderated CHAT

WHats the laws on un moderated chat rooms like on here???

No one seems to know what can be said, what cant and i think this matter needs to be cleared up with one of the site owners/moderators before it gets way out of hand, people are falling out over whas going on in there and it getting serious i found this information on a UK law website OUT-LAW.COM: IT and e-commerce legal advice and support :

When content is unmoderated, the quality of material posted is difficult to control. The legal advantage, however, is that it is easier to avoid liability for anything that is defamatory, infringing or otherwise unlawful. The only condition is that the operator provides a process for removing offending content expeditiously upon being made aware of it.
In most cases this will involve a clear, easy-to-use facility on the site whereby users can report inappropriate content to the operator. The operator must then have a clear internal process for dealing with complaints received.
We would recommend that operators provide a link on each page of the website which clearly directs users to the process for reporting inappropriate content. Phrases such as "Report Abuse", "Complain about this content" or "Flag as inappropriate" are all commonly used as links. The link should take users to a page where the complaint can be detailed. Some users complain about statements without saying why they are complaining; others fail to specify where the offending content is. As an operator you are allowed to demand clarity in a complaint, which will help you to assess the merits of the complaint, and also reduce the number of spurious complaints.
Many corporate blogs and internal staff blogs will be unmoderated. They should still have a complaint mechanism. It may be appropriate to offer an anonymous complaints page if you think staff will be afraid to report problems out of fear of being seen to be reporting their colleagues.

shillelagh 29-03-2008 01:00

Re: Un Moderated CHAT

If you look in feedback and suggestions in the thread Chat Rules then you will see what Mick has put.

blazey 29-03-2008 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 553391)
If you look in feedback and suggestions in the thread Chat Rules then you will see what Mick has put.

I don't think Mick clarified the law on chat rooms, only forum policy. I don't think policy is above the law, hence why reidy is after more clarification.

slinky 29-03-2008 01:01

Doesn't need moderating, its been sorted!!

Been a very nice night indeed in there tonight.

andrewb 29-03-2008 01:02

The law you're quoting is for 'chat' as in forums it sounds like. I think its different with real time chat. At least i'd assume so because there simply isn't a feature to mod realtime chat easily.

Reidy 29-03-2008 01:04

maybe it has been a nice nite but i think every chat room is covered by law ie MSN closing there chat rooms down!!

Yahoo closing un moderated chats down and so on and so on

People are wondering where do we stand by law?

In america people have been prosecuted in unmoderated chat rooms dor using in appropriate behaviour look on goole you will see loads and im sure no one on this site wants to end up on the wrong side of the law.

It needs to be clear in black and white in the sites rules!!

cherokee 29-03-2008 01:04

Ummm well we,ve had a great night so whats too moderate??
No complaints either ..

Reidy 29-03-2008 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 553394)
The law you're quoting is for 'chat' as in forums it sounds like. I think its different with real time chat. At least i'd assume so because there simply isn't a feature to mod realtime chat easily.

You may well be right there cyfr im not sure but all im trying to say is that someting needs to be put in black and white.

emamum 29-03-2008 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 553393)
Doesn't need moderating, its been sorted!!

Been a very nice night indeed in there tonight.

For you. It has been spoiled for me

blazey 29-03-2008 01:06

Being a family forum you would expect the chat rooms to be moderated for the safety of children who may be targetted on them... yet they aren't.

The chatroom just isn't safe for kids. I myself reported a pervert in the chatroom before, so it's not a case of it just not happening.

Reidy 29-03-2008 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 553396)
Ummm well we,ve had a great night so whats too moderate??
No complaints either ..

Who is complaining?????????? Im not im asking a question that is of value to me! I dont want to end up in trouble with the law!!

Bonnyboy 29-03-2008 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 553394)

Of course there is a feature, if the site cannot moderate over a particular timeframe then the chatroom is not available for the period of that time.

Reidy 29-03-2008 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 553399)
Being a family forum you would expect the chat rooms to be moderated for the safety of children who may be targetted on them... yet they aren't.

The chatroom just isn't safe for kids. I myself reported a pervert in the chatroom before, so it's not a case of it just not happening.

Exactly why other sites have closed un moderated chats!!!

Should it be open just to the over 18's of the site or does it need to have a mod in there while it open?? What is the LAW!

andrewb 29-03-2008 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 553401)
Of course there is a feature, if the site cannot moderate over a particular timeframe then the chatroom is not available for the period of that time.

You can only ban people from the forum though, theres no way to 'remove' whats put on there because it goes straight to the client.

Reidy 29-03-2008 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 553403)
theres no way to 'remove' whats put on there because it goes straight to the client.

The chat room or the forum cyfr???

emamum 29-03-2008 01:13

some chat rooms have boot option where other users can put a boot next to the persons name, if they get 3 then they are removed from the room.

andrewb 29-03-2008 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 553405)
some chat rooms have boot option where other users can put a boot next to the persons name, if they get 3 then they are removed from the room.

I can guarantee that would be abused.

andrewb 29-03-2008 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reidy (Post 553404)
The chat room or the forum cyfr???

The chat room. The forum is stored on the server so it's easy to remove things.

blazey 29-03-2008 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 553405)

that would probably be misused.

Reidy 29-03-2008 01:19

why would you remove whats posted in chat cyfr????

If it was clear what the rules were there would be no need would there?

Also the chat screens can be cleared on other chat rooms so all chat history diapears, at the control of a moderator!

if you look on the bottom bar in chat u can clear your screen other chats it can be cleared by the moderators on everyones screen!

Roy 29-03-2008 04:13

If your having problems in chat, then leave the chatroom. If anyone insults you and it annoys you, then leave the chatroom. If anyone offends you, then leave the chatroom. It is your choice to be in the chatroom and nobody is making you stay.

Hows that for a set of rules?

Even if there were rules, who is going to make sure they are followed? Do you expect someone to moderate the chatroom 24/7?
We cannot do that.
We will not do that.

Our chatroom provides the facility for ANYONE to create a private room with password access. If the main lobby is to scary for you, then perhaps a private room with your friends will be a solution?

steeljack 29-03-2008 04:53

I wish I could be so lucky , I have tried and tried again to get into the chat room , cleaned "java' from my PC and reloaded the 'old' version (as recomended in other threads) only to have the pop-up say 'new -version required ' without any luck , would be interested to know if any other "non UK " users of Accy web have the same problem .

re.. freedom of speach issue ........total bulc**P, publish and be dammed

Yolanda25 29-03-2008 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 553417)
If your having problems in chat, then leave the chatroom. If anyone insults you and it annoys you, then leave the chatroom. If anyone offends you, then leave the chatroom. It is your choice to be in the chatroom and nobody is making you stay.

Even if there were rules, who is going to make sure they are followed? Do you expect someone to moderate the chatroom 24/7?
We cannot do that.
We will not do that.

Our chatroom provides the facility for ANYONE to create a private room with password access. If the main lobby is to scary for you, then perhaps a private room with your friends will be a solution?

makes sense to me, i do

jaysay 29-03-2008 08:48

Chat Room:confused: What Chat Room:D

Eric 29-03-2008 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 553418)
I wish I could be so lucky , I have tried and tried again to get into the chat room , cleaned "java' from my PC and reloaded the 'old' version (as recomended in other threads) only to have the pop-up say 'new -version required ' without any luck , would be interested to know if any other "non UK " users of Accy web have the same problem .

re.. freedom of speach issue ........total bulc**P, publish and be dammed

I don't have a problem now. But when I was using Vista I did. Now that I junked that piece of s**t, I don't seem to have a problem ... other than the time difference.:D

garinda 29-03-2008 10:41

Well Roy seems to have made his point very clearly.

I hope it doesn't upset the Troll's teaparty too much.

By the way, it was a real laugh in there last night.

Though the sound effects apparently kept frightening Slinky's dog, which may have been the reason he kept farting so much.:D

Sparkologist 29-03-2008 11:39

There you are, everyone. God has spoken.

Very clearly worded, Royski. There shouldn't be any more confusion. :thumbsup:

slinky 29-03-2008 12:06

Quote:

We cannot do that.
We will not do that.

Spot on Roy!!

Last night we used the Private Chatroom with En-suite Password :D Oh It's luxury in there.

onlyme 29-03-2008 12:10

To be honest I think its bloody pathetic that we cant act like mature adults and have a respect for other people whilst in chat.

At the end of the day, the majority of people on chat are also communicating with other people on msn or whatever so why ppl havent got the sense to use that to put any potentially offensive or sensitive chat, whilst keeping the official chat room chat to a norm is a wonder to me.

I have a feeling that its a attention seeking thing. Kinda like my 3 year old does. Nuff said

onlyme 29-03-2008 12:22

And i think the passworded room is a bit harsh to those just joining or just wanting decent chat. I know that the members that have been on accy web for a while mostly have the password, but what of those who just go in every nowand then, or can be trusted to have a decent chat?

If you dont have the password its just the same as being told you cant be trusted to have a civil conversation

Madhatter 29-03-2008 12:22

Never seen anyone in the chat room on here.
The best way to admin the chat room is to do it yourself, just don't respond.

slinky 29-03-2008 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 553559)
And i think the passworded room is a bit harsh to those just joining or just wanting decent chat. I know that the members that have been on accy web for a while mostly have the password, but what of those who just go in every nowand then, or can be trusted to have a decent chat?

If you dont have the password its just the same as being told you cant be trusted to have a civil conversation

Did you ask anyone for the password??

emzy 29-03-2008 12:27

I don't know any passwords, only just got into the chat lobby, didnt realise there were other rooms

onlyme 29-03-2008 12:27

no just took the hint pmsl x Figured if ppl wanted me to have it, i would have done lol

slinky 29-03-2008 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 553565)
no just took the hint pmsl x Figured if ppl wanted me to have it, i would have done lol

Well, If you dont ask, we don't know you want to come in!!

Entwisi and Buttonsmum didn't have it, but they asked, and they got it!!

So Don't think its a personal vendetta, After the tish we have had to put up with in that chatroom over the last week, we are bound to be selective.

emzy 29-03-2008 12:31

Take it we just need to PM someone then and they will meake a decision if we are worthy of your company or not :D

onlyme 29-03-2008 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 553568)
Well, If you dont ask, we don't know you want to come in!!

Entwisi and Buttonsmum didn't have it, but they asked, and they got it!!

So Don't think its a personal vendetta, After the tish we have had to put up with in that chatroom over the last week, we are bound to be selective.

I understand that, and at the end of the day I have connections pmsl ;) but didnt want to use them or owt.

Wasnt just talking about for me tho, more for newbies etc. I just think its atrocious its got to this as potential members that are viewing this forum must be thinking the worst. x

slinky 29-03-2008 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 553575)
I understand that, and at the end of the day I have connections pmsl ;) but didnt want to use them or owt.

Wasnt just talking about for me tho, more for newbies etc. I just think its atrocious its got to this as potential members that are viewing this forum must be thinking the worst. x

You and me both!! But their is only one person to blame for how this has turned out. In all the years I have been on this site, I don't think we have ever had this problem in chat.

Anyone feel free to correct me.

emzy 29-03-2008 12:40

I dont even know what went on lastnight but am guessing there was something, couldnt stay on long coz little one was restless. So i cant really comment on what or who has caused these problems

onlyme 29-03-2008 12:40

well if thats the case, its a shame the rest of us have to be alienated - again not having a go at anyone but there are all too many posts on here with us commenting on the way other people behave, and yet we cant do it ourselves x

onlyme 29-03-2008 12:40

dont think last night was the issue Emzy, think its been building up for the last few x

emzy 29-03-2008 12:44

Hey, ive only just started going in, its not me is it? :eek:

onlyme 29-03-2008 12:45

yes its true. you just cant be trusted ;)

blazey 29-03-2008 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madhatter (Post 553560)
Never seen anyone in the chat room on here.
The best way to admin the chat room is to do it yourself, just don't respond.

That's not the best way when minors are being groomed by paedophiles though is it, and this is a family forum so that risk shouldn't be being taken. There isn't even a profanity filter.

emzy 29-03-2008 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 553594)
yes its true. you just cant be trusted ;)

Damn, you all sussed me out so quickly, thought it would have taken you longer lol

blazey 29-03-2008 13:04

I think people are forgetting that the chatroom isn't just accessible to adults so there should not even be a presumption that everyone will act like adults in there.

flashy 29-03-2008 13:11

yeah but passworded chat rooms arent available to just anyone, therefore ANYTHING can be said in them

Reidy 29-03-2008 13:14

Quote:

We cannot do that.
We will not do that

I do see what you are saying Roy *If you Dont Like it Dont Go In" and i cant agree more with that, but there have been some pretty nasty things being said in there and at times the whole room may have been offended! Is it fair? I dont think so.

We also last night had a 15/16 year old lad in the room at 12am! What if sometthing was said that offended them (Im not saying it was) then they go to the police? or the local council and complain about the chat room?
Personally im looking at this from the sites point of view, im not spittting my dummy as someone said im jus asking for clarification on what the law behind all this says??

I dont want prosecuting my the "Internet Police" for my behaviour in a an un moderated chat room, im asking for someone to provede me with information on where the law stands with this sort of chat room! So im then in a position myself just like others of the site to understand whats acceptable in the laws eyes and what is not.

Im not stirring up a fight or trying to cause any trouble im trying to protect myself and IMO thats fair.

I like the chatroom in here have met some fantastic people and we have a great laugh, it would be a shame if things were to get any worse than they already have in there.

IMO last night there was a DIVIDE! some people in and others in another room then people came back in "Chat Lobby" from "B C " there became the "SPY! Opinions" and people stopped talking cause they felt like some kind consiracy was happening. This is a community site foor community prople lets all try keep it that way! Its getting sad, sorry, and childish. I like coming here and dont want to see a "Divide in the Community"

Come on ACCYWEB were sronger than that!!!

flashy 29-03-2008 13:15

Reidy you havent got a brother called Gareth have you?

Reidy 29-03-2008 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 553623)
Reidy you havent got a brother called Gareth have you?

Nope sorry!

cherokee 29-03-2008 13:44

Slinky your spot on I dont recall ever having probs in chat in all the time ive been here . and yes last night was like the old days , absolutely brilliant and funny . a pleasure to be part of it. Garinda had us in stitches.

When i was offended in the chat room the other night i left immediately along with several others, So yes Roy your spot on too if it offends " leave ";)

Reidy you are aware of why another chat room has been set up and as for the youngster being in there so late well if he,d have been in the other room no way on earth would he have been offended by anyone hence no cause for problems , I do agree though it is sad that there has to be a divide because the majority of who use chat do get along .

Nickelson 29-03-2008 14:42

Seeing as i am the 16 yr old lad who was in the chat room at 12am, i personally wouldnt complain as at the end of the day there is a function to leave the room if you do not like anything being said. Also as for the perhaps he hasnt heard of this etc. i have heard it all before.

emamum 29-03-2008 14:44

Nick, no-one was having a go at you hun, we enjoyed having you there. even if you did talk about F1! grrrrrrr

garinda 29-03-2008 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 553640)
Garinda had us in stitches.

Sorry about that.

If I think your gash is healing nicely, I'll take the stitches out sometime over the weekend.

I've no idea what has been going on in the chatroom, and I've no great desire to find out, but I can hazard a guess at who's behind it all.

I was in both rooms last night, and had a pleasant time, and a laugh in both.:)

cherokee 29-03-2008 14:55

Garinda... If I think your gash is healing nicely, I'll take the stitches out sometime over the weekend.

Please promise not to pull to hard;) I wanna be ship shape for the awards night:cheers:

Reidy 29-03-2008 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 553640)
Slinky your spot on I dont recall ever having probs in chat in all the time ive been here . and yes last night was like the old days , absolutely brilliant and funny . a pleasure to be part of it. Garinda had us in stitches.

When i was offended in the chat room the other night i left immediately along with several others, So yes Roy your spot on too if it offends " leave ";)

Reidy you are aware of why another chat room has been set up and as for the youngster being in there so late well if he,d have been in the other room no way on earth would he have been offended by anyone hence no cause for problems , I do agree though it is sad that there has to be a divide because the majority of who use chat do get along .

Yeah i understand the divide, i can see why it happened. Im not saying i agree, and young nick wasnt offended (as im aware) we chatted about F1 lol and other man realted rubish lol

Shame its becoming like this:gooddog:

Nickelson 29-03-2008 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reidy (Post 553768)
Yeah i understand the divide, i can see why it happened. Im not saying i agree, and young nick wasnt offended (as im aware) we chatted about F1 lol and other man realted rubish lol

Shame its becoming like this:gooddog:

Nope i wasnt offended :).

garinda 29-03-2008 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickelson (Post 553779)
Nope i wasnt offended :).

...and weren't being 'groomed', as some people have stupidly suggested is the case in there?

That's ok then.:D

Reidy 29-03-2008 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 553784)
...and weren't being 'groomed', as some people have stupidly suggested is the case in there?

Who suggested that? I aint heard and have not seen that anywhere???

Blazey stated:
Quote:

and

Quote:

That's not the best way when minors are being groomed by paedophiles though is it, and this is a family forum so that risk shouldn't be being taken. There isn't even a profanity filter.

She says she reported a pervert but did not say that that is what is happening that "children are being groomed" Or did i read it wrong???
Nope! I read it how it is!!!.

onlyme 29-03-2008 15:43

Could have sworn Garinda stated 'suggested'. Same as 'implied'

Or are we all gonna start on peoples use of the english language now???

Reidy 29-03-2008 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 553869)

Who implied or suggested is what im sayin!!!

slinky 29-03-2008 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 553869)

Well that was the intention of this thread was it not?? to cause a bit of a rift?? so it's not surprising that its working.

Reidy 29-03-2008 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 553875)
Well that was the intention of this thread was it not?? to cause a bit of a rift?? so it's not surprising that its working.

May i remind you, NO IT WASNT!

I asked a very valid question and if you stop and others "STOP THREAD WANDERING" you would actually see the question that has been asked and how very important that question is.

Which was where do we stand in the eyes of the law with "Un Moderated Chat" How is that causing a rift?? Its a simple question!!! Not an argument that it yet again on here is turning out to be.

slinky 29-03-2008 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reidy (Post 553880)
May i remind you, NO IT WASNT!

I asked a very valid question and if you stop and others "STOP THREAD WANDERING" you would actually see the question that has been asked and how very important that question is.

Which was where do we stand in the eyes of the law with "Un Moderated Chat" How is that causing a rift?? Its a simple question!!! Not an argument that it yet again on here is turning out to be.

Pull the other one!! it's plays a nice tune :rolleyes:

garinda 29-03-2008 15:56

Tonight's password will be....

Trolley Dolly.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/images/trolls.JPG

emamum 29-03-2008 15:58

the other room doesnt have a password, everyone is welcome.

onlyme 29-03-2008 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reidy (Post 553874)
Who implied or suggested is what im sayin!!!

ermm, post 44 metions grooming first

Reidy 29-03-2008 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 553916)
ermm, post 44 metions grooming first

Sorry i didnt see that, but please i want to make this very very clear to everyone!!!

I did not start this thread to cause an issue i started it as im concerned regarding the law. Im not here to say whats right or wrong with this thread im mearly trying to find out THE LAW on UN MODERATED CHAT nothing more and nothing less so if anyone here wants to take that out of context then that is thier business.

Now i have explained myself yet again!! on this thread i think i will go finsih making tea!!!

Tracy J 29-03-2008 17:08

Quote:

I myself reported a pervert in the chatroom before, so it's not a case of it just not happening.

if i wear to start talking about taking pics of my but,,,,i would expect perverted comments,,,,,sometimes u get what u ask for:)

onlyme 29-03-2008 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reidy (Post 553936)
Sorry i didnt see that, but please i want to make this very very clear to everyone!!!

I did not start this thread to cause an issue i started it as im concerned regarding the law. Im not here to say whats right or wrong with this thread im mearly trying to find out THE LAW on UN MODERATED CHAT nothing more and nothing less so if anyone here wants to take that out of context then that is thier business.

Now i have explained myself yet again!! on this thread i think i will go finsih making tea!!!

If thats the case, then your timing is unfortunate seeing as the initial post was made the day after problems in chat, hence why people may have the 'wrong idea'

lindsay ormerod 29-03-2008 18:25

My pennorths worth..... I think its pathetic that certain members on here have decided to draw a dividing wall between all of us, one of the members in the chat lobby commented last night..." I thought this was a community forum" well, it appears our community is divided by "I'm in your gang mentality " . Very sad, very childish and very divisive.
The whole nature of a chat room is to say what you want. If I offended anyone the other night, I apologise, it was late at night and ( I thought)we were all adults.
I am seriously doubting whether I want to be involved with any of this anymore.

slinky 29-03-2008 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 554011)
My pennorths worth..... I think its pathetic that certain members on here have decided to draw a dividing wall between all of us, one of the members in the chat lobby commented last night..." I thought this was a community forum" well, it appears our community is divided by "I'm in your gang mentality " . Very sad, very childish and very divisive.
The whole nature of a chat room is to say what you want. If I offended anyone the other night, I apologise, it was late at night and ( I thought)we were all adults.
I am seriously doubting whether I want to be involved with any of this anymore.

why are we childish?? because we don't want to listen to it??

No we opened another chatroom, and left it at that!! BUT it still can't be left alone can it??

AND this post will probably be deleted! So that proves that, that topic the other night was NOT acceptable in the chat room at all.

lindsay ormerod 29-03-2008 18:36

I ani't gonna delete it love, are we really all so sensitive about our bodily functions all of a sudden? It was way after midnight and to be honest, some of the innuendoes on this thread are more offensive.

lindsay ormerod 29-03-2008 18:38

Oh and btw the first rule of what's said in chat stays in chat..... you just broke it. Well done.

slinky 29-03-2008 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 554016)
I ani't gonna delete it love, are we really all so sensitive about our bodily functions all of a sudden? It was way after midnight and to be honest, some of the innuendoes on this thread are more offensive.

That's hardly the point is it? AS blazey keeps pointing out, it's a family forum. And it had all been laid to rest, until it was brought back up a second time. By the very person who is loving all this!!

slinky 29-03-2008 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 554018)
Oh and btw the first rule of what's said in chat stays in chat..... you just broke it. Well done.

LMAO..... so we are supposed to just roll over and be called stupid, childish etc..... when there is a very very good reason for what we HAVE to do??

andrewb 29-03-2008 18:42

There arn't any special chatroom laws. If you're inciting racial hatred or any other activities such as that then you're breaking the law, whichever medium you go for.

'In the eyes of the law' you can't be done for stuff you say just because there MIGHT be somebody under the age of 18 who can read it (providing you are not breaking all the other normal laws that apply to the forum or any other areas of the internet or real world). As far as I'm aware this is how it stands.

Morally it's a different matter, and entirely up to your own judgement.

emamum 29-03-2008 18:43

aw c'mon! do we have to bring it out here as well?

I enjoy chat, i like to talking to the ppl that go in there. The segregation is affecting ppl. can we not just have a chat meeeting to try and sort this out?

shillelagh 29-03-2008 18:43

Goodbye Accyweb

slinky 29-03-2008 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 554023)
There arn't any special chatroom laws. If you're inciting racial hatred or any other activities such as that then you're breaking the law, whichever medium you go for.

'In the eyes of the law' you can't be done for stuff you say just because there MIGHT be somebody under the age of 18 who can read it (providing you are not breaking all the other normal laws that apply to the forum or any other areas of the internet or real world). As far as I'm aware this is how it stands.

Morally it's a different matter, and entirely up to your own judgement.

EXACTLY!! which is why AW has a great function called PASSWORDED ROOMS!! If we were not supposed to use them, they wouldn't be there. So I don't know why everyone is crying.

lindsay ormerod 29-03-2008 18:44

It's just the point, you /whoever took offence and took the ball home, you/whoever decided to have their own room, that has divided and upset other members on here yet it's fine for the same self righteous folk who were telling me what not to say to be making dirty innuendoes on the public forum.
I resign.

jackyalex 29-03-2008 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 554026)
Goodbye Accyweb

Where are you off too,

cherokee 29-03-2008 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 554028)
It's just the point, you /whoever took offence and took the ball home, you/whoever decided to have their own room, that has divided and upset other members on here yet it's fine for the same self righteous folk who were telling me what not to say to be making dirty innuendoes on the public forum.
I resign.

Lindsay as well you know, it was me that took offence and i dealt with it in the correct way . I left chat immediately and i reported it.
Firstly Blazey keeps going on about this being a family forum and still insists that the conversation was ok for kids to listen too . And yes it was late at night but i for one witnessed 2 fellas leave because they preffered not to be part of the discussion, One saying " I think thats my q to leave" so where is that a conversaion for kids? when even grown men dont want to hear it.
I am not over reacting that conversation were grose and something for a private chat not community chat.
Its very sad that there has become a divide in chat but that dosent mean there are "gangs" I have always liked chat and knowing there is a room where i can go to be with friends and have a bit of fun is great .

lindsay ormerod 29-03-2008 20:00

Right, so let me get this straight, proven medical advice is indecent and smutty innuendo is ok? How old are you?:rolleyes:

cherokee 29-03-2008 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 554055)
Right, so let me get this straight, proven medical advice is indecent and smutty innuendo is ok? How old are you?:rolleyes:

Old enough lindsay to know i would never talk like that infront of a child .... you wasnt talkin proven medical advice you were talkin smutt (period sex) to be precise.. How old are you??

onlyme 29-03-2008 20:08

Ffs People Can We Not All Grow Up A Tad!!!

Whats scary is the majority of us are adults. If our kids acted like this, we'd be straight onto them.

I dont go into a blow by blow account of labour in polite conversation, so I can see that point.

On the other hand it was late at night and a 'fact of life', so theres that point

2 different points of view, no right answer.

This is gonna destroy Accy web and chat if people arent careful, or is that what people on both camps want????

cherokee 29-03-2008 20:09

And why you insising on keeping it going .

Margaret Pilkington 29-03-2008 20:12

Lindsay, on many occasions when there has been a heated debate about something you have wisely suggested that no response will allow the heat to dissipate......you should take your own advice and let it die.....and it will if you stop responding.

Yolanda25 29-03-2008 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 554058)
Old enough lindsay to know i would never talk like that infront of a child .... you wasnt talkin proven medical advice you were talkin smutt (period sex) to be precise.. How old are you??

periods and sex!!! woooooowwwwwwwwwwww what a big deal, im sure some of you have discussed or done something worse before, come on!!!! stop acting like 3 year old kidsssssss:D

cherokee 29-03-2008 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yolanda25 (Post 554063)
periods and sex!!! woooooowwwwwwwwwwww what a big deal, im sure some of you have discussed or done something worse before, come on!!!! stop acting like 3 year old kidsssssss:D

umm your twopennoth thankyou:rolleyes:

WillowTheWhisp 29-03-2008 20:18

How sad that only days after congratulating AccyWebbers on reaching big board status there is now a thread about the disintegration with Shillielagh posting what looks like a farewell and Lindsay saying she resigns. :(

I was asked to moderate a chat room on another forum and I declined because I wasn't clear what was or was not permitted legally or morally - a bit like the initial question in this thread. Having read this thread I think it was a wise decision.

Margaret Pilkington 29-03-2008 20:21

Chat is only a small section of accyweb..and there must be many members who do not frequent the Chat room...so I think Accyweb is still a good place to be...sorry if that is considered a thread wander.

Yolanda25 29-03-2008 20:21

well everyone is giving their opinion so i give mine

cherokee 29-03-2008 20:24

Accyweb is still a great place to be . I would love for this to be put to bed and i for one would love to see a united front but while ever members are being verbally attacked (and good members may i add) this divide is going to happen.
Shillalagh hasent left for good she just needed to cool down . Im sure she will be back with us soon enough:)

MargaretR 29-03-2008 20:31

Nine pleasant months (to the day) have elapsed since Piltymon stirred things up and was banned.
Am I right in thinking that this present hassle has been stirred by a young lady who became active on this forum at about the same time as him?

Royboy39 29-03-2008 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 554075)
Nine pleasant months (to the day) have elapsed since Piltymon stirred things up and was banned.

No I don't think you are.............I entered the chat room for a long two minutes last night and in all my years I have never read such filth from members of this forum.............Ladies were present and the comments were absolutely disgusting......If anyone from the law enforcement brigade happened upon this forum someone would have been in serious trouble.
I think that these members should be named and shamed.
Dont know where we stand on this one after the comments of the Bossman?

emamum 29-03-2008 20:45

erm....... i have no idea what you are talking about!

Royboy39 29-03-2008 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 554080)
erm....... i have no idea what you are talking about!

I think you do?

Yolanda25 29-03-2008 20:49

i hope no one is naming me, i never said nowt dirty, i think :confused:

lindsay ormerod 29-03-2008 20:51

Marg P, my comments in chat have been used entirely out of context and were said in chat and there they should have stayed.
Royboy, I have said nothing I am ashamed of, and thanks to other members of this forum anything I have said is now in the public domain anyway.
Willow, I love this forum, and don't want it to be this way but have a look at it from my angle.
Cherokee, I am 40 years old and act my age.

Petty bickering strikes again,