Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Observer Baby Competition 2008 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/observer-baby-competition-2008-a-38289.html)

katex 03-04-2008 20:30

Observer Baby Competition 2008

I love kids/babies ..they're all beautiful to me, but what is it about the photos in the Observer for this year's baby competition !! Have they changed the photographer ... why is it all these kids look mingin' this year ??:eek:

slinky 03-04-2008 20:32

Re: Observer Baby Competition 2008

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 556875)
I love kids/babies ..they're all beautiful to me, but what is it about the photos in the Observer for this year's baby competition !! Have they changed the photographer ... why is it all these kids look mingin' this year ??:eek:

To be honest Katex, I thought they were bad pics too ..... some of the kids look like they have had pepper rubbed in their eyes!! :eek::eek: They are all red and blotchy.

katex 03-04-2008 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 556876)
To be honest Katex, I thought they were bad pics too ..... some of the kids look like they have had pepper rubbed in their eyes!! :eek::eek: They are all red and blotchy.

Pheew thanks Slinky .. thought I might be of risk of serious attack here .. but they are not very flattering are they ? .. all that those red areas and dark circles under their eyes, etc .. look like they have been on a paediatric night on the tiles.

Royboy39 03-04-2008 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 556880)
Pheew thanks Slinky .. thought I might be of risk of serious attack here .. but they are not very flattering are they ? .. all that those red areas and dark circles under their eyes, etc .. look like they have been on a paediatric night on the tiles.

Why not have one on here for your family pics......Restricted to 2 year olds and under and show them how it is done?

shakermaker 03-04-2008 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 556875)
I love kids/babies ..they're all beautiful to me, but what is it about the photos in the Observer for this year's baby competition !! Have they changed the photographer ... why is it all these kids look mingin' this year ??

I can't agree, and actually think you are somewhat out of order katex.
My god daughter has her picture in the competition and she is nothing short of absolutely gorgeous.

Real beauty is in the eye of the beholder eh.

slinky 03-04-2008 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 556886)
My god daughter has her picture in the competition and she is nothing short of absolutely gorgeous.

Blimey!! put the gun away!! I don't think she meant the Babies were ugly .... from what I read, she meant the actually photo's .... hence her asking if the photographer had changed :confused:

flashy 03-04-2008 20:54

my mates Daughter is supposed to be in it this week

katex 03-04-2008 20:54

Quote:

Ok .. which one is she? Come on Shakermaker, she probably is gorgeous, but you cannot honestly say these pictures are very flattering.

pussycat 03-04-2008 21:58

my friends daughter is in this one ; she;s realy bonny; but was having a bad hair day ;

garinda 03-04-2008 23:07

I think there should be a prize for the best named baby.

I was requested to pm one of our overseas members, with a few of the choicest.

I think it's great that all the babies are in one issue, rather than a few each week, for what seems like months on end. Nothing against babies, but I buy the paper to read the news, not to look at other people's kids.

I do hope they decide to do the same for the 'Glasses Wearer of the Year', and the cutest pussy competition too.

sparkie 03-04-2008 23:07

Quote:

Emily loves you uncle Shaker!!!!:D:D:D

sparkie 03-04-2008 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 556892)
Ok .. which one is she? Come on Shakermaker, she probably is gorgeous, but you cannot honestly say these pictures are very flattering.

Emily Mae McNaught. She's the one on page37 with eyes like saucers!!!! she looks somewhere between utter shock and disbelief!!!!

I have to admit its not the most flattering photo of her, (kipax gets the credit for that pic!!!) and I certainly wont be buying the £25 photo pack they try and flog to you at the photographers!!! Still she's gorgeous to us and we've got some lovely shots of her, cheeky monkey!!!

emzy 04-04-2008 07:27

Flashy - She is in this weeks

And some of the photos are ok, on some of them the lighting seems all wrong and they look like little tomatoes.

I was gonna enter the twins then thought that I didnt want them competing against each other, then i realised yesterday that they picture twins together, if id have realised that then i would have entered them I just didnt want them doing individually.

Margaret Pilkington 04-04-2008 07:42

I wish the Observer would stop wasting news space doing Bonny Baby comps.......as noted by previous posters, family will always think their own baby is best......it isn't newsworthy, it isn't even interesting.

lancsdave 04-04-2008 07:45

At least the babies are real, more than can be said for a lot of the crap they tell you is news :D