Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 20:30   #1
Resting in Peace

Thumbs down Observer Baby Competition 2008

I love kids/babies ..they're all beautiful to me, but what is it about the photos in the Observer for this year's baby competition !! Have they changed the photographer ... why is it all these kids look mingin' this year ??
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2008, 20:32   #2
God Member

Re: Observer Baby Competition 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I love kids/babies ..they're all beautiful to me, but what is it about the photos in the Observer for this year's baby competition !! Have they changed the photographer ... why is it all these kids look mingin' this year ??
To be honest Katex, I thought they were bad pics too ..... some of the kids look like they have had pepper rubbed in their eyes!! They are all red and blotchy.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 20:38   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
To be honest Katex, I thought they were bad pics too ..... some of the kids look like they have had pepper rubbed in their eyes!! They are all red and blotchy.
Pheew thanks Slinky .. thought I might be of risk of serious attack here .. but they are not very flattering are they ? .. all that those red areas and dark circles under their eyes, etc .. look like they have been on a paediatric night on the tiles.
Old 03-04-2008, 20:44   #4
God Member

Quote:
Pheew thanks Slinky .. thought I might be of risk of serious attack here .. but they are not very flattering are they ? .. all that those red areas and dark circles under their eyes, etc .. look like they have been on a paediatric night on the tiles.
Why not have one on here for your family pics......Restricted to 2 year olds and under and show them how it is done?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 20:50   #5
God Member

Quote:
I can't agree, and actually think you are somewhat out of order katex.
My god daughter has her picture in the competition and she is nothing short of absolutely gorgeous.

Real beauty is in the eye of the beholder eh.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 20:53   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
My god daughter has her picture in the competition and she is nothing short of absolutely gorgeous.

Blimey!! put the gun away!! I don't think she meant the Babies were ugly .... from what I read, she meant the actually photo's .... hence her asking if the photographer had changed

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 20:54   #7
God Member

my mates Daughter is supposed to be in it this week
Old 03-04-2008, 20:54   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Ok .. which one is she? Come on Shakermaker, she probably is gorgeous, but you cannot honestly say these pictures are very flattering.
Old 03-04-2008, 21:58   #9

my friends daughter is in this one ; she;s realy bonny; but was having a bad hair day ;
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 23:07   #10
Give, give, give member

I think there should be a prize for the best named baby.

I was requested to pm one of our overseas members, with a few of the choicest.

I think it's great that all the babies are in one issue, rather than a few each week, for what seems like months on end. Nothing against babies, but I buy the paper to read the news, not to look at other people's kids.

I do hope they decide to do the same for the 'Glasses Wearer of the Year', and the cutest pussy competition too.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 23:07   #11
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Observer Baby Competition 2008

Quote:

Emily loves you uncle Shaker!!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 23:14   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ok .. which one is she? Come on Shakermaker, she probably is gorgeous, but you cannot honestly say these pictures are very flattering.

Emily Mae McNaught. She's the one on page37 with eyes like saucers!!!! she looks somewhere between utter shock and disbelief!!!!

I have to admit its not the most flattering photo of her, (kipax gets the credit for that pic!!!) and I certainly wont be buying the £25 photo pack they try and flog to you at the photographers!!! Still she's gorgeous to us and we've got some lovely shots of her, cheeky monkey!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:27   #13
Senior Member+

Flashy - She is in this weeks

And some of the photos are ok, on some of them the lighting seems all wrong and they look like little tomatoes.

I was gonna enter the twins then thought that I didnt want them competing against each other, then i realised yesterday that they picture twins together, if id have realised that then i would have entered them I just didnt want them doing individually.
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:42   #14
Beacon of light

I wish the Observer would stop wasting news space doing Bonny Baby comps.......as noted by previous posters, family will always think their own baby is best......it isn't newsworthy, it isn't even interesting.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:45   #15
God Member

At least the babies are real, more than can be said for a lot of the crap they tell you is news

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..