Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   bail hostel (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/bail-hostel-39160.html)

lancscat 05-05-2008 21:24

bail hostel

has anyone seen the telegraph about the bail hostels for accrington and blackburn? hope they aint putting it near my house:eek:

emzy 05-05-2008 21:25

Re: bail hostel

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancscat (Post 572077)
has anyone seen the telegraph about the bail hostels for accrington and blackburn? hope they aint putting it near my house:eek:

Ive not seen it, have they not hinted on where they are plannign to put them?

Loz 05-05-2008 21:27

No haven't seen it but echo your thoughts!
Have you any more info?

Bonnyboy 05-05-2008 21:27

Maybe they are planning to use one of the empty shops in Accy Arndale

lancscat 05-05-2008 21:30

doesnt say where they are yet

cashman 05-05-2008 21:33

aint seen it, but not suprised, after watching Panorama tonight, where there putting Murderers n Armed Robbers in Open Prisons so they can walk out n continue there careers, so a bail hostels nowt.:D unless its near our house.;)

lancscat 05-05-2008 21:34

Secret Blackburn And Accrington Bail Hostel Fury (from Lancashire Telegraph)

Royboy39 05-05-2008 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancscat (Post 572095)

Pity this was not disclosed before the local elections.......they would have faced a bigger thrashing.

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 21:38

Just dump more no hopers on us without a by your leave. We already have bail hostels in Accrington.

Bonnyboy 05-05-2008 21:45

I'd bet my bottom dollar that Jack Straw knows all about this...I wouldn't trust that bloke as far as i could chuck him.

lancscat 05-05-2008 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 572100)
Just dump more no hopers on us without a by your leave. We already have bail hostels in Accrington.

SO WE DONT NEED ANYMORE THEN!!!!!!!!!!! PUT IT SOMEWHERE ELSE

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancscat (Post 572109)

Yes I agree with you but you can bet they will still put them here:mad:

Bonnyboy 05-05-2008 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancscat (Post 572109)

Oi...stop shoutin' ;)

emamum 05-05-2008 21:51

were so u suggest?? top of the coppice? they have to go somewhere....

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 572105)
I'd bet my bottom dollar that Jack Straw knows all about this...I wouldn't trust that bloke as far as i could chuck him.

Sure he must know about it he works for that department:eek:

Less 05-05-2008 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 572098)
Pity this was not disclosed before the local elections.......they would have faced a bigger thrashing.

Who would face a bigger thrashing? The people of East Lancashire? This is typical of all parties, dump the trash with the rest of the trash, get off your high horse and realise the rest of the country consider us to be a place to dump such rubbish, we all, from every political view point need to say we don't want this crap!

The only way we could do this is to forget our political views and consider 'our county', it's somewhere we could be proud of, if we worked together to prevent this type of dumping ground.

Let's all demand a better Lancashire!

Royboy39 05-05-2008 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 572113)

Siberia springs to mind..........cant suggest Australia that's been done and they finished up wearing silly hats with corks on them :D

emamum 05-05-2008 21:54

whats the difference between a bail hostel and the criminals and druggies we have roaming the streets anyway? at least there will be some sort of monitering of the ones in the hostel.

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 21:56

Quote:

But why Accrington??:confused:

Bonnyboy 05-05-2008 21:58

We have to have such things, bail hostels, prisons, there are folk kicking up a fuss about a new energy efficient town that is planned to be built close to them, wiping out some of their countryside.

Think we all understand that we need them, nobody wants them on their doorstep though, it’s a bit of a dilemma.

It would be a bonus if at least the local authority knew what was being planned locally by outsiders.

Benipete 05-05-2008 21:58

Been bail hostel in Accy for years

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 572117)
whats the difference between a bail hostel and the criminals and druggies we have roaming the streets anyway? at least there will be some sort of monitering of the ones in the hostel.

You are joking aren't you? There was a programme on telly a while back and pervs who were meant to be monitored were just going about where they wanted:mad:

cashman 05-05-2008 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 572098)

nothing at all to do with local elections, as they aint even been consulted,

cashman 05-05-2008 22:04

Quote:

agree how about on your street.:rolleyes:

Royboy39 05-05-2008 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 572115)
Who would face a bigger thrashing? The people of East Lancashire? This is typical of all parties, dump the trash with the rest of the trash, get off your high horse and realise the rest of the country consider us to be a place to dump such rubbish, we all, from every political view point need to say we don't want this crap!

The only way we could do this is to forget our political views and consider 'our county', it's somewhere we could be proud of, if we worked together to prevent this type of dumping ground.

Let's all demand a better Lancashire!

OK stand in the next election as a 'Demand for better Lancashire' candidate.
Half of the electorate would not understand what you are saying.
Never been on a high horse which you seem to put yourself on.
The government took a hiding in the local elections and everyone is aware of that, OK I agree we don't want this crap but how can I trust you as a potential ally to prevent this happening if you try to ridicule (which seems to be the morm) someone who defends Lancashire and will always do so no matter what crass comments are forthcoming from a nobody who thinks he's funny.

emamum 05-05-2008 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 572127)
agree how about on your street.:rolleyes:

i live up woodnook..... whats the difference?

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 572131)
i live up woodnook..... whats the difference?

Are you being serious? My god am sure I don't want paedophiles and the like around my grandchildren:mad:

emamum 05-05-2008 22:12

im not saying i agree with it... i am saying that they have to go somewhere and the people in the hostel will be checked up on.. thats much better than the ones that roam the street!

lancscat 05-05-2008 22:14

i dont want my kids near these people either,put them in a field with a pack of wolves

emamum 05-05-2008 22:15

what do you think happens to paedophiles when they leave the hostels?
the council rehomes them...
every single council estate will have at least one!
i live on a council estate with my son.... so before anyone asks, no i dont agree with that either!

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 572133)
im not saying i agree with it... i am saying that they have to go somewhere and the people in the hostel will be checked up on.. thats much better than the ones that roam the street!

Thay are not checked up on properly!!!

emamum 05-05-2008 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 572137)
Thay are not checked up on properly!!!

and the ones that arent in the hostels arent checked up on at all!

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 572138)
and the ones that arent in the hostels arent checked up on at all!

So we should just sit back and let them dump anybody they want round us? We have enough problems as it is why should we be saddled with more?:confused:

cashman 05-05-2008 22:19

i dont agree neither, but then i don't hold the view -(they have to go somewhere) WHY?

Less 05-05-2008 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 572130)
OK stand in the next election as a 'Demand for better Lancashire' candidate.
Half of the electorate would not understand what you are saying.
Never been on a high horse which you seem to put yourself on.
The government took a hiding in the local elections and everyone is aware of that, OK I agree we don't want this crap but how can I trust you as a potential ally to prevent this happening if you try to ridicule (which seems to be the morm) someone who defends Lancashire and will always do so no matter what crass comments are forthcoming from a nobody who thinks he's funny.

So, you have a grudge? I didn't think any of this was funny but you obviously think I only look for humour in things? well that can't be all bad can it you old misery?
Meanwhile you used this to express your political feelings rather than make a useful comment, because of my reply you also attempt to turn that political, well, strange as it may seem I look to myself and my neighbours before I get political, and look down on all that put party and political bias before the good of his fellow man, which put's you a long way down the list, in fact lower than the souls they want to put into Bail Hostels anywhere near me!

emamum 05-05-2008 22:21

ok.... what should be done with them? the prisons are over crowded and the only other choice is to let them straight out onto the streets.

Royboy39 05-05-2008 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 572141)
So, you have a grudge? I didn't think any of this was funny but you obviously think I only look for humour in things? well that can't be all bad can it you old misery?
Meanwhile you used this to express your political feelings rather than make a useful comment, because of my reply you also attempt to turn that political, well, strange as it may seem I look to myself and my neighbours before I get political, and look down on all that put party and political bias before the good of his fellow man, which put's you a long way down the list, in fact lower than the souls they want to put into Bail Hostels anywhere near me!

Pathetic waffle

Less 05-05-2008 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 572143)
Pathetic waffle

Well done, most intelligent post you've ever made, and I agree with you entirely.
:D

cashman 05-05-2008 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 572142)
ok.... what should be done with them? the prisons are over crowded and the only other choice is to let them straight out onto the streets.

why are prisons overcrowded? cos there aint enough of em. its a much bigger issue really than Bail Hostels n one NO political party will get to grips with.

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 572142)

Put them in another town, we already have one bail hostel in Accrington

emamum 05-05-2008 22:31

so would you agree to a prison instead?

Bonnyboy 05-05-2008 22:36

Things such as prisons have to be built, they have to go somewhere. Bail hostels also have to go somewhere. The least the planners could do is consult the locals.

My answer to the problem would be that everyone forego early release, if you get 10 years you serve 10 years, to the very day. I would also make prisons a harsher place to be, with in-mates at least four to a cell, that would at least double the prison capacity in an instant. Sod the human rights issue, those rights should be dispensed with when you transgress the rules of your society.

cashman 05-05-2008 22:40

be careful mate, yer talking sense.:D

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 572150)
be careful mate, yer talking sense.:D

Wonder what he is on:p

Bonnyboy 05-05-2008 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 572151)
Wonder what he is on:p

Just me normal Carling honest...it can't have kicked in yet :D will no doubt be talking utter nonsense within ten minutes :D

Royboy39 05-05-2008 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 572144)
Well done, most intelligent post you've ever made, and I agree with you entirely.
:D

And so you should...lets get back on topic.
Some if not all posters on this website are serious in their convictions.
There is plenty of room in the wastelands of Scotland or the Valleys of Wales to accomodate these waisters....plenty of sheep for company etc..etc..etc.
and now I'm being or trying to be funny to a subject which is not funny.
What do we do with them?.........London is full....cull?....out of the question......Siberia...........I wish.
The amount of money the Government are extracting from the British public in taxes direct and indirect should be sufficient to provide secure housing for these people.
There must be some way, and I am not sure, and it seems nor are the government, of addressing this problem.
As old as I am (which seems to be a reference point for the smart arses to pick up on) I have two Grandchildren who live in Lancashire and would hate to have them subjected to, or threatened by the presence of these
preditors or criminals in their everyday life.

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 572152)
Just me normal Carling honest...it can't have kicked in yet :D will no doubt be talking utter nonsense within ten minutes :D

Ok I believe you millions wouldn't;)

AccyLass 05-05-2008 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 572149)
Things such as prisons have to be built, they have to go somewhere. Bail hostels also have to go somewhere. The least the planners could do is consult the locals.

My answer to the problem would be that everyone forego early release, if you get 10 years you serve 10 years, to the very day. I would also make prisons a harsher place to be, with in-mates at least four to a cell, that would at least double the prison capacity in an instant. Sod the human rights issue, those rights should be dispensed with when you transgress the rules of your society.

Oh no, ya can't be too hard on the poor criminals, they might actually think they done somet wrong:rolleyes:

cashman 05-05-2008 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyLass27 (Post 572155)
Oh no, ya can't be too hard on the poor criminals, they might actually think they done somet wrong:rolleyes:

thats the no1 problem with society today, too many focus on the wrongdoers n no buggar focuses on the victims or the public.

AccyLass 05-05-2008 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 572158)
thats the no1 problem with society today, too many focus on the wrongdoers n no buggar focuses on the victims or the public.

Well I shouldn't really comment after the situation I was put in, in January, I'd say nuke em all:D lol

Obviously not really;)

Less 05-05-2008 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 572153)
And so you should...lets get back on topic.
Some if not all posters on this website are serious in their convictions.
There is plenty of room in the wastelands of Scotland or the Valleys of Wales to accomodate these waisters....plenty of sheep for company etc..etc..etc.
and now I'm being or trying to be funny to a subject which is not funny.
What do we do with them?.........London is full....cull?....out of the question......Siberia...........I wish.
The amount of money the Government are extracting from the British public in taxes direct and indirect should be sufficient to provide secure housing for these people.
There must be some way, and I am not sure, and it seems nor are the government, of addressing this problem.
As old as I am (which seems to be a reference point for the smart arses to pick up on) I have two Grandchildren who live in Lancashire and would hate to have them subjected to, or threatened by the presence of these
preditors or criminals in their everyday life.

Perhaps being part of the E.U. we could let you have them?

You feeling smug in your little Spanish Ghetto, away from the woes of us ordinary folk, I have my own Grand childer, I want them to grow up and be happy here, not have to pretend they will have a better life coming to them somewhere else once they've fleeced their neighbours, I'll stay and fight for their future which must be better off because you aren't in it!

(Please, Please, prove me wrong instead of advising from miles away come back and fight for you own children's, children!).

:rolleyes:

Bonnyboy 05-05-2008 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyLass27 (Post 572161)
Well I shouldn't really comment after the situation I was put in, in January, I'd say nuke em all:D lol

Obviously not really;)

Were you a victim then ?

AccyLass 05-05-2008 23:07

yes

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyLass27 (Post 572164)
yes

Oh my goodness so you better than any of us can relate to it:mad:

Bonnyboy 05-05-2008 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyLass27 (Post 572164)
yes

I hope the experience wasn’t too stressful. Sounds like perhaps you feel that the perpetrator was taken better care of than yourself, was that the case or am I just making assumptions ?

AccyLass 05-05-2008 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 572165)
Oh my goodness so you better than any of us can relate to it:mad:

Quite lucky compared to some people really, I never got hurt, not physically anyway. The knife pointed in my side is just always in my mind

Still can't work on my own

But it won't always be like that, I've come on loads since it happened

AccyLass 05-05-2008 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 572166)
I hope the experience wasn’t too stressful. Sounds like perhaps you feel that the perpetrator was taken better care of than yourself, was that the case or am I just making assumptions ?

They never caught them, but if they had, what would be the point

cashman 05-05-2008 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyLass27 (Post 572167)
Quite lucky compared to some people really, I never got hurt, not physically anyway. The knife pointed in my side is just always in my mind

Still can't work on my own

But it won't always be like that, I've come on loads since it happened

good lass, glad yer comin to terms a bit.;)

AccyLass 05-05-2008 23:21

Bonnyboy 05-05-2008 23:21

Good to hear that you are regaining your confidence :)

Royboy39 05-05-2008 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 572162)
Perhaps being part of the E.U. we could let you have them?

You feeling smug in your little Spanish Ghetto, away from the woes of us ordinary folk, I have my own Grand childer, I want them to grow up and be happy here, not have to pretend they will have a better life coming to them somewhere else once they've fleeced their neighbours, I'll stay and fight for their future which must be better off because you aren't in it!

(Please, Please, prove me wrong instead of advising from miles away come back and fight for you own children's, children!).

:rolleyes:

Scoring brownie point is old hat.
My grandchildren have the opportunity to visit whenever they wish and so have my children who have both made a life for themselves and a good living in a very hostile environment.
I ran a completely legitimate business in the UK and have retired from that business without owing a penny.
I would not hesitate to advise my close family to think twice about the advantages of living in a country where you are treated fairly and accepted as part of the framework.
I will advise from miles away because my experiences in the county of my birth are not going to get any better with nerds at the helm, be it Labour or Conservative.

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 23:23

Glad you are getting there was off-line when it happened and if I remember rightly your bosses haven't been much help. Good luck!!

emamum 05-05-2008 23:25

The blogs are still there, i was reading them the other day... i have been in a simular situation only i wasnt being robbed and i can imagine how scary it must have been and how hard it is to get over, i hope you are getting there tho.

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 572174)
The blogs are still there, i was reading them the other day... i have been in a simular situation only i wasnt being robbed and i can imagine how scary it must have been and how hard it is to get over, i hope you are getting there tho.

That is where I read about it now that you have reminded me, another reason not to be stuck with another bail hostel In My Humble Opinion:mad:

AccyLass 05-05-2008 23:29

Thanks everyone, I do real well now, well I work with someone else
It's only when I see someone similar or *dodgy* looking that I get worried and have my hand on the panic button

(Sorry I can't think of a better word than dodgy, but I know what I mean

emamum 05-05-2008 23:30

accylass.....pm me if you want to talk, i would rather not talk about what happened to me in public.

Royboy39 05-05-2008 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 572173)
Glad you are getting there was off-line when it happened and if I remember rightly your bosses haven't been much help. Good luck!!

What the hell is that all about? Links please?

emamum 05-05-2008 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 572179)

check accylass' blog.......

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 572179)

There are no links it was just something Accylass said in her Blog

AccyLass 05-05-2008 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 572178)
accylass.....pm me if you want to talk, i would rather not talk about what happened to me in public.

Thanks, I definitely will yeah

He's waiting for me to go to bed tho so best not tonight:D

emamum 05-05-2008 23:33

dont know if this link will work but here goes....

Accrington Web - AccyLass27

BERNADETTE 05-05-2008 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 572183)
dont know if this link will work but here goes....

Accrington Web - AccyLass27

Oh well thats me proved wrong again:o

harwood red 05-05-2008 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 572136)
what do you think happens to paedophiles when they leave the hostels?
the council rehomes them...
every single council estate will have at least one!
i live on a council estate with my son.... so before anyone asks, no i dont agree with that either!

When rehousing this is closely monitored by police and housing and selective about where the rehousing can be.

Also I think you will find that there are bail hostels in most towns

emamum 05-05-2008 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 572190)
When rehousing this is closely monitored by police and housing and selective about where the rehousing can be.

Also I think you will find that there are bail hostels in most towns

i was making a point, that just because we say no to a bail hostel doesnt mean that there are not paedophiles near our children.

jaysay 06-05-2008 04:54

What chance do we stand? Having just watched the Panarama program makes you wonder just what the hell is going on, if they treat hardened criminals like this how the hell can they monitor these bail hostels. Only this weeknd Salford M.P. Hazel Blears was say that the Government was going to listen to the people, I know, I know, we've heard it all before, but now we can put this to the test, will the govenment listen. Maybe if Greg is monitoring this thread he can have an input, and please don't get me wrong I'm saying this to be bipartsan and having a pop at Greg far from it. On matters such as this Greg is our representative and the best person placed to put our point forward, irrespective of any political stance of any one individual. Like most people, I have a concern about the sitting o these hostels, but the trouble is, so do the likes of you and me in every town and city in the country, and its not a question which will be easily solved:(

Mick 06-05-2008 05:32

They could send them to Chernobyl, the town is already built plenty of housing, no one else in the immediate area its secure and patrolled what more do you need.

entwisi 06-05-2008 06:22

Or India, If its good enough for our Call centre jobs its good enough for prison IMHO.

Pay the indian goverment probably 1/4 of what it costs to keep them here, conditions should be as per the indians get i.e. not somewhere you want to go back as opposed to somewhere you want to check in for a few days R&R.

As others said, far too much consideration for 'their' rights and not enough for teh decent people's

katex 06-05-2008 09:30

I'm a little confused by the papers report of housing people who were out earlier than the length of their sentences.

I understood Bail houses were just that, to house people who had not been charged or proven guilty in their crime, and that they have no particular permanent abode so at least easy to find and monitor.

They, apparantely, only put in 'offenders' who would not pose a threat to the public.

Listened to a lady interviewed who had lived across from one for years, and the close residents were given a contact number if any disturbances, etc., and she said they were down like a shot to sort out matters and did. Better service seemingly than if you or I have a troublesome neighbour.

I expect lots of people have lived next door to bailed people who have a house to go back to, and maybe for worse offences.

chav1 06-05-2008 16:59

accrington probation housed a pedophile next door to me without consulting me at all

i lived on a street that ran scouts , cubs etc and on teh next street was a junior school

not only that i have 2 children of my own and because i wasnt informed what filthy bastard creature had been housed next door to me i invited my new neighbour in for coffee and he came round quite often and sat with my children

we only found out what he was because my then partner said he looked familiar and it turned out that he was from darwen where she is from and after a bit of investigative work of our own we found teh story on teh telegraph archives and it turned out he had been working for the council as a support officer for children and had used his postion to abuse

he actualy ran away before while supposedly under supervisoin and was fined £50 when he was eventualy located

they should be killed period , we waste too much money trying to control them and death is much cheaper

tosh 06-05-2008 19:34

what about the big house at the top of park road accy.

MargaretR 06-05-2008 19:48

All the time I worked at the social that was a lodging house full of men with 'dubious pasts' - it was privately owned - don't know whether it is the same now

BERNADETTE 19-06-2008 22:00

Some good news for a change, the bail hostel is not going to be opened in Accrington

flashy 20-06-2008 08:24

they already have one in Accy anyway

BERNADETTE 20-06-2008 08:25

One that we know about

flashy 20-06-2008 08:26

thats true, the one up Lydia street, its been there for donkeys years

BERNADETTE 14-08-2008 20:01

According to the Observer they are now housing child sex offenders at Lydia Street!!! Apparently one of them has been watching child porn in his room and has been reported and had his DVD player confiscated. It really gets me angry when they are putting these perverts in a hostel near kids and that parents aren't warned!!! They said when they opened the hostel that sex offendes wouldn't be housed there:mad:

Lilly 14-08-2008 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 619029)
According to the Observer they are now housing child sex offenders at Lydia Street!!! Apparently one of them has been watching child porn in his room and has been reported and had his DVD player confiscated. It really gets me angry when they are putting these perverts in a hostel near kids and that parents aren't warned!!! They said when they opened the hostel that sex offendes wouldn't be housed there:mad:

The trouble is that they've got to go somewhere but nobody wants them near their house. If people were told that sex offenders were living at certain addresses there would be attacks and vigilante action.

onlyme 14-08-2008 20:58

Yes they need to go somewhere, but preferable away from parks and schools.

BERNADETTE 14-08-2008 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 619035)
The trouble is that they've got to go somewhere but nobody wants them near their house. If people were told that sex offenders were living at certain addresses there would be attacks and vigilante action.

But why should kids be put at risk?? There was a lot of opposition to this hostel and it was promised that sex offenders would not be placed there!!

Lilly 14-08-2008 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 619040)

Yes, I agree. They shouldn't have temptation on their doorstep.

jaysay 15-08-2008 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 619040)

perferably on an Island in the middle of the Atlantic

jambutty 15-08-2008 11:49

Bail hostels area a cheap alternative to new prisons.

I wonder how many bail hostels there are in Surrey, Hampshire, and other southern counties? You can find out at http://freedom.is/open.php but it doesn’t seem to list the 150 ClearSprings hostels.

There is no money in the kitty to build and staff new prisons so private companies like ClearSprings are formed and they operate to make a profit from our taxes.

We all know why there is no money in the kitty so there is no need to go into that now, but did you know that allegedly the government owes £555 billion and much of the ‘family silver’ has gone?

If this country were a PLC the receivers would have been in long ago.

Wynonie Harris 15-08-2008 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 619142)
We all know why there is no money in the kitty so there is no need to go into that now, but did you know that allegedly the government owes £555 billion and much of the ‘family silver’ has gone?

If this country were a PLC the receivers would have been in long ago.

It's grown somewhat since that estimate - it's currently over £645 billion and rising at a frightening rate, as we speak.

UK debt clock

Let's face it - UK Ltd is bankrupt!

jambutty 15-08-2008 12:23

Wow! That clock sure does move.

It seems to be increasing by £1,000 PER SECOND.

Whichever political party or coalition of takes over from Brown and Co it will be picking up a poisoned chalice.

Wynonie Harris 15-08-2008 12:41

Yes, it does shift somewhat. To be honest, I wish I hadn't discovered it now. Everytime I look at it, it depresses me!

MCR ADIM 15-08-2008 13:07

Thats a load of rubbish how do they know we are in that much debt anyone can just make a clock like that and post it on the web

Wynonie Harris 15-08-2008 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR ADIM (Post 619172)
Thats a load of rubbish how do they know we are in that much debt anyone can just make a clock like that and post it on the web

If you look at most sources, they give roughly the same figures, so I'd say it was fairly accurate. Here's another one that shows the debt was £512.4 billion back in January, which fits in fairly well with what the "debt clock" shows:

UK National Debt — Economics Blog

but the worrying thing is that the government aren't giving us the full picture - if you add public sector pension liabilities, PFI's etc, it's over £1000 billion! :eek:

Sorry for thread wander. :o

jaysay 15-08-2008 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 619189)
If you look at most sources, they give roughly the same figures, so I'd say it was fairly accurate. Here's another one that shows the debt was £512.4 billion back in January, which fits in fairly well with what the "debt clock" shows:

UK National Debt — Economics Blog

but the worrying thing is that the government aren't giving us the full picture - if you add public sector pension liabilities, PFI's etc, it's over £1000 billion! :eek:

Sorry for thread wander. :o

So much for the Iron Chancellor, this debt hasn't sprung up over the last 12 months, Godies fingerprints are all over this too

garinda 15-08-2008 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 619029)

To be accurate the report in the Observer said the man had been watching 'banned pornography'. Meaning, I think, that the viewing of all pornography is banned.

The delicate flower who took his story to the Observer, and who was apparently propositioned by the viewer of the pornography, had been jailed for 19 months for a 'serious violent offence'.

Quite frankly I wouldn't want either of them living near me.

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...ffender_hostel

katex 15-08-2008 18:05

'That' reporter again Garinda !!