Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Town Council forms. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/town-council-forms-39290.html)

garinda 09-05-2008 18:19

Town Council forms.

I did, but it appears both Katex and Bernie didn't receive a form from the council, wanting to know our views on the proposed town councils, which are currently under consideration, now that the time is up for them to be returned.

If you are a resident in Hyndburn, did you receive your's?

Gayle 09-05-2008 18:24

Re: Town Council forms.

I honestly don't know!

It's not the sort of thing that I would have ignored if I'd got one which makes me think that I haven't had one. But I do have a rather instant filing system for junk mail so if it looked like it was a piece of junk mail it could be on the way to the recycling centre by now.

katex 09-05-2008 18:26

We on the same wavelength here, nearly did this myself today .. have e-mailed one of my local councillors for their comments .. will revert if I get a reply.

emamum 09-05-2008 18:28

just checked my recycle bag and no... i didnt get one lol

BERNADETTE 09-05-2008 18:28

Well as I said in the other thread not arrived here

garinda 09-05-2008 18:29

I kept it for ages. hoping I could find out some more information before deciding what I thought of the idea.

I've had a root round, but must have recycled the thing.

Again I couldn't swear on it, but from memory it was addressed to myself, in a brown envelope saying it was from H.B.C., and was hand delivered.

flashy 09-05-2008 18:40

cant vote on this one, i dont live over yonder

lancsdave 09-05-2008 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 574027)
I did, but it appears both Katex and Bernie didn't receive a form from the council, wanting to know our views on the proposed town councils, which are currently under consideration, now that the time is up for them to be returned.

If you are a resident in Hyndburn, did you receive your's?

Not received one here. Maybe they have only been delivered where the vote favours the proposal ;)

mthead 09-05-2008 18:49

Nahhhh Didnt get one either :confused:

BERNADETTE 09-05-2008 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 574036)
Well as I said in the other thread not arrived here

Just been through my recycling not got one.

nikkival 09-05-2008 18:51

I'm in Ossy - and I haven't had one :(

Bonnyboy 09-05-2008 19:40

One arrived here at the end of last month, roughly 14 days ago, buggered if I can remember what I've done with it.

MargaretR 09-05-2008 20:39

I got one - no reply envelope - I did look to see where they wanted it delivered - library I think - expiry date arrived before I needed to be anywhere near the library - so binned it in white sack.

Lilly 09-05-2008 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 574113)
I got one - no reply envelope - I did look to see where they wanted it delivered - library I think - expiry date arrived before I needed to be anywhere near the library - so binned it in white sack.

I don't recall getting one but my mum did.

She lives in Huncoat. You're right about the library. My mum took hers to the Ossy one.

katex 09-05-2008 21:03

This is getting interesting .. does appear to have been selective !

AccyLass 09-05-2008 21:25

We never received one of these either

harwood red 09-05-2008 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 574087)
One arrived here at the end of last month, roughly 14 days ago, buggered if I can remember what I've done with it.

ditto, I know I got one but can't remember what I have done with it :o

Bonnyboy 09-05-2008 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 574143)
ditto, I know I got one but can't remember what I have done with it :o

Had a brief scout round for ours, looks like it's been binned :D

jaysay 10-05-2008 09:15

I actually register for a forum which sends out questionaires regarding Hyndburn, can't for the life in me think what its called:confused:, seem to think I get around 4 per year. I first registered about 5 years ago, I can either do it on line or through snail mail

katex 10-05-2008 11:34

Looks like there is an online form on the H.B.C. website, however, the first question is/was 'Do you want a Town or Parish Council for your area?' Only options are 'Yes' or 'No' before moving on .. like you, Garinda, wanted some more information as to costs/advantages, etc, so did not proceed.

The help button did not work. Oh, hang on, there is a small section explaining lightly what Town Councils are responsible for, etc., but no more than what was said in the Observer article.

Advises you to 'just fill in the form when it comes through the door or use the online form' :rolleyes:

MargaretR 10-05-2008 12:28

online form here
Online forms - Town Council for your area?
plenty of time left yet to complete online

katex 10-05-2008 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 574311)
online form here
Online forms - Town Council for your area?
plenty of time left yet to complete online

That's the one Margaret, but won't let you proceed until you have voted Yay or Nay. Supposed to be closed now anyway ... :confused:

MargaretR 10-05-2008 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 574312)
That's the one Margaret, but won't let you proceed until you have voted Yay or Nay. Supposed to be closed now anyway ... :confused:

you are right - I read April as August - bit groggy after a nap

garinda 10-05-2008 16:19

Well if this small sample is anything to go off, it looks like three quarters of Hyndburn residents never received a form asking for their opinions.

BERNADETTE 10-05-2008 16:26

Been thinking about this and was wondering if we threw it away thinking it was junk mail. Maybe if we had been imformed about the forms or the envelopes were more clearly marked we would have taken more notice and filled them in!!!

garinda 10-05-2008 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 574381)
Been thinking about this and was wondering if we threw it away thinking it was junk mail. Maybe if we had been imformed about the forms or the envelopes were more clearly marked we would have taken more notice and filled them in!!!

I'm quite hot on putting junk mail straight into the recycling sack.

From memory this didn't look like that, it looked offical, and certainly caught my attention.

blazey 10-05-2008 17:21

We got one, no envelope, just said take it to the library.

katex 10-05-2008 17:38

Have just spoken to me brother who lives about 400 yards further down on the estate I live on at Clayton.. he says didn't get this either and, believe me, he is very thorough and would not have chucked any mail away before inspection.

Have asked him to put his mark on the poll, as he is a member.

katex 10-05-2008 17:47

Me again .. just had a reply from Nick Collingridge :-

"Hi Kate
They were delivered in Clayton and a copy was in the Observer.
Sorry you didnt get a copy if you let me have your post code and the post code of the other people Ill find out why you didnt get them and see if your comments can be included in the survey.
Regards Nick"

Guess gonna' be quite a job to collect the postcodes of everyone who didn't get a copy !

BERNADETTE 10-05-2008 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 574382)
I'm quite hot on putting junk mail straight into the recycling sack.

From memory this didn't look like that, it looked offical, and certainly caught my attention.

Well that puts a different light on it, if it looked official I would have looked at it.

cashman 10-05-2008 17:57

we never got one. n if its closed i just submitted mine via margarets link.:confused:

jaysay 12-05-2008 09:29

Its accually surprises me that Newshound Rindi didn't see the one in the Obs:D

garinda 12-05-2008 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 575239)

I also saw the one that came through my door, though that seems to have been very selective as to which of us residents in Hyndburn received one.

How were they distributed, and why did so many people not get them, is more the question?

garinda 12-05-2008 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 575239)

Are you suggesting that residents who aren't lucky enough to receive offical corresondence from the council, should have to buy the Observer, so they don't miss out on important information?

The whole thing shouts of being a shambles...and is what I've come to expect.

Party in a brewery springs to mind.:(

jaysay 12-05-2008 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 575284)
Are you suggesting that residents who aren't lucky enough to receive offical corresondence from the council, should have to buy the Observer, so they don't miss out on important information?

The whole thing shouts of being a shambles...and is what I've come to expect.

Party in a brewery springs to mind.:(

If you keep believing Graham Joneses hype you'll be as daft as he is:D

garinda 12-05-2008 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 575291)
If you keep believing Graham Joneses hype you'll be as daft as he is:D

I don't deal in hype, just facts.

The fact is that three quarters of residents, according to this small cross-section of people, apparently didn't receive a form they should have.

That is wrong.

Fact.

andrewb 12-05-2008 11:24

Have any of you other than katex contacted your local councillor or HBC directly over this issue? To enquire why you may have not received a letter?

garinda 12-05-2008 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575300)
Have any of you other than katex contacted your local councillor or HBC directly over this issue? To enquire why you may have not received a letter?

Closing the stable door, after the horse has bolted.

What's the point, as in the very first post of this thread it is reported that the closing date has come and gone, and the matter is now under consideration, with the help of the returned feedback.

If I hadn't been lucky enough to be one of the few to receive a form, you can be sure I'd be calling the council, to ask why the hell my views weren't important enough to warrant me getting the chance to give my views, because I hadn't received one.

andrewb 12-05-2008 11:47

I'm sure if its still under consideration then anybody can get in contact with their councillor and let their view be known.

Of course I'm not defending the fact that it appears people haven't received them. I don't know if they were hand delivered to the whole borough, sent through the mail or what. If the reason is with the council, then I will condemn it, but as yet I don't think we actually have a reason.

garinda 12-05-2008 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575304)
I'm sure if its still under consideration then anybody can get in contact with their councillor and let their view be known.

...and how would they know to do that, if they haven't received a letter, or read the Observer, which not everyone in the borough does?

As stated earlier, the letter did come from the council, headed paper, crest, the lot, so condemn away.

andrewb 12-05-2008 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 575309)
...and how would they know to do that, if they haven't received a letter, or read the Observer, which not everyobe in the borough does?

As stated earlier, the letter did come from the council, headed paper, crest, the lot, so condemn away.

Have you contacted your local councillor to ask why other people haven't recieved them?

Of course they've come from council. I am not however going to play the blame game when I don't know who is responsible for them not arriving.

katex 12-05-2008 12:22

There is someone else, who works for the council, checking on what went wrong and has promised to keep in touch. Will revert.

I didn't spot the form in the Observer, but was one week when I missed getting it.

andrewb 12-05-2008 12:24

Brilliant katex, will look forward to hearing exactly what has happened in regards to this and why some people haven't received the form. I can't say I have or haven't received one myself as I've not been home most of the year.

garinda 12-05-2008 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575321)
I can't say I have or haven't received one myself as I've not been home most of the year.

Haven't you done a poll, to see if your parent's received a form? :D

katex 12-05-2008 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 575322)

You wicked Garinda .. :D

Suppose you could ask them Cyfr, next time you are in contact ? The area would help too.

jaysay 12-05-2008 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 575322)

Neither of them did, so thats 100% no :D

garinda 12-05-2008 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 575383)
Neither of them did, so thats 100% no :D

Well if Cyfr knows that he can vote on the poll that there are yet more people who didn't receive a form.;)

katex 12-05-2008 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 575458)
Well if Cyfr knows that he can vote on the poll that there are yet more people who didn't receive a form.;)

True .. if people did not receive one, and do not wish to admit it, because of some sort of political reasons, they are not goin' to admit it, are they ?

Jaysay, you never really said if you had actually received this form, just some blurb about a site whereby you had joined to receive information.

andrewb 12-05-2008 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garinda
Well if Cyfr knows that he can vote on the poll that there are yet more people who didn't receive a form.

I thought I was being polled when it says 'Did YOU receive a form'. I didn't realise we had to go and question non-members rindi. I'll get right on it shall I? Maybe we should go and canvas together around the neighbourhood.

garinda 12-05-2008 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575473)
I thought I was being polled when it says 'Did YOU receive a form'. I didn't realise we had to go and question non-members rindi. I'll get right on it shall I? Maybe we should go and canvas together around the neighbourhood.

Not non-members, but I thought it would have been common sense to find out if your base in Hyndburn, ie: your parents, had received a form, then you could join in our findings, and wouldn't feel all left out and isolated in Hull.;)

andrewb 12-05-2008 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 575475)
Not non-members, but I thought it would have been common sense to find out if your base in Hyndburn, ie: your parents, had received a form, then you could join in our findings, and wouldn't feel all left out and isolated in Hull.;)

I wish you'd have put an 'other' option in because my dad doesn't know if he has had one or not. You'll have to wait with baited breath for my mums.

katex 12-05-2008 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575473)
Maybe we should go and canvas together around the neighbourhood.

Just done a bit more of that Cyfr, and so far have not come across anyone on my road who received one !!

andrewb 12-05-2008 19:52

It does seem pretty poor.

Do you think perhaps they did a cross-section of the borough to keep costs down?

cashman 12-05-2008 19:56

i dont think they did, just think its the usual "con the public" that is so prevalent in society.:rolleyes:

garinda 12-05-2008 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575486)
It does seem pretty poor.

Do you think perhaps they did a cross-section of the borough to keep costs down?

The whole things sounds a bit of a fiasco.

If you're going to gauge public opinion by sending a form to every household in the borough, that's what you should do, otherwise the findings become pointless.

Strange how they manage to send council tax bills to every house in Hyndburn.

I think this incompetence would make an interesting story for a local rag.:rolleyes:

katex 12-05-2008 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 575489)
i dont think they did, just think its the usual "con the public" that is so prevalent in society.:rolleyes:

Well, that's not so good a con Cashy ... easy to prove that the promise to send out forms to every resident in the borough (by you know who) is not difficult to prove that they did not !! Were obviously relying on neighbours not liasing on this .. not the power of Accyweb members ... !!

andrewb 12-05-2008 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 575493)
The whole things sounds a bit of a fiasco.

If you're going to gauge public opinion by sending a form to every household in the borough, that's what you should do, otherwise the findings become pointless.

Strange how they manage to send council tax bills to every house in Hyndburn.

I think this incompetence would make an interesting story for a local rag.:rolleyes:

I think the local rag would need to know who was responsible before writing a story. So far it isn't clear who is, no matter how much you think otherwise. :D

garinda 12-05-2008 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575499)
I think the local rag would need to know who was responsible before writing a story. So far it isn't clear who is, no matter how much you think otherwise. :D

Trust me, all a journalist worth his or her salt, needs are the facts.

Fact is large swathes of Hyndburn didn't receive an important document that the council says we have had.

Hardly Watergate.

andrewb 12-05-2008 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 575507)
Trust me, all a journalist worth his or her salt, needs are the facts.

Fact is large swathes of Hyndburn didn't receive an important document that the council says we have had.

Hardly Watergate.

People generally want to know why things happen (or don't). All we can do is accuse without knowing right now. I don't think this is very productive.

Royboy39 12-05-2008 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575509)
People generally want to know why things happen (or don't). All we can do is accuse without knowing right now. I don't think this is very productive.

Do you have the right to know? You will know what I am on about.

garinda 12-05-2008 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575509)

Might as well strike while the iron's hot, and my typing finger's willing.

The whole story, of apparently vast swathes of the borough not receiving this important form, is newsworthy in my opinion.

Therefore an email has been dispatched alerting the press to this news, and a link this thread.

What they do with it is up to them, though in the past I've always found them to be very interested in stories that effect their readers.

Gayle 12-05-2008 20:33

The problem is that they can't prove it can they. I mean, you've got one but I can't remember having one which doesn't actually mean i didn't get one.

andrewb 12-05-2008 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 575521)
Might as well strike while the iron's hot, and my typing finger's willing.

The whole story, of apparently vast swathes of the borough not receiving this important form, is newsworthy in my opinion.

Therefore an email has been dispatched alerting the press to this news, and a link this thread.

What they do with it is up to them, though in the past I've always found them to be very interested in stories that effect their readers.

Well indeed, hysteria without explanation sells. I didn't think you were a Daily Mail man though. ;)

Gayle 12-05-2008 20:36

However, I do think that it was a very short consultation period.

BTW - I noticed the new Rishton sign today with the crest on. It no longer says Welcome to Hyndburn.

I wonder if this is just another way round the Accrington and Districts issue by phasing out Hyndburn gradually to the point where there's no point in arguing because it doesn't exist.

katex 12-05-2008 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 575529)
BTW - I noticed the new Rishton sign today with the crest on. It no longer says Welcome to Hyndburn.

I wonder if this is just another way round the Accrington and Districts issue by phasing out Hyndburn gradually to the point where there's no point in arguing because it doesn't exist.

But what are the gateway signs to Hyndburn going to say Gayle ? Are they going to have boundary signs saying 'Welcome to Hyndburn', then 'sub-signs saying 'Welcome to Rishton, etc' ?

garinda 12-05-2008 20:44

'A public consultation will be launched on Monday when the council will send letters to every home in the borough asking for comments.
Residents will be given two weeks to express their views.'

More power to the people? - News - Accrington Observer

As I personally did receive a form, and this matter only came to light when I mentioned it in passing, in relation to the borough name change being dropped, I do think this is an important matter, considering the changes that could come about because of the skewed findings of this half hearted consultation.

Anyone who hasn't received a form, and who wouldn't mind talking to the press, please pm me. All it would entail would be a verification of your name, and the fact you didn't receive a form.

Cheers.

Gayle 12-05-2008 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 575533)
But what are the gateway signs to Hyndburn going to say Gayle ? Are they going to have boundary signs saying 'Welcome to Hyndburn', then 'sub-signs saying 'Welcome to Rishton, etc' ?

No, the gateway sign is what I'm talking about. it's been changed to Welcome to Rishton and has the new Rishton Crest on.

garinda 12-05-2008 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575525)
Well indeed, hysteria without explanation sells. I didn't think you were a Daily Mail man though. ;)

Not hysteria, just dismay that important changes are currently being considered, using public feedback as a deciding factor.

Public feedback that isn't what it purports to be, that of the views of every household in the borough, which it blatently isn't.

katex 12-05-2008 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 575537)
No, the gateway sign is what I'm talking about. it's been changed to Welcome to Rishton and has the new Rishton Crest on.

Not a gateway sign to the borough though Gayle ... :confused: Just to the town ?

We have always had signs 'Welcome to Hyndburn', then others to 'Clayton, etc' Do you mean they are not putting up new signs then for the actual borough ??

katex 12-05-2008 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 575535)

Anyone who hasn't received a form, and who wouldn't mind talking to the press, please pm me. All it would entail would be a verification of your name, and the fact you didn't receive a form.

Cheers.

Well, of course, you know I have a bee in my bonnet about this one (not that I wear bonnets like) .. and no need to p.m. you, you know my name hun .. put at top of yer list.

garinda 12-05-2008 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 575545)
Well, of course, you know I have a bee in my bonnet about this one (not that I wear bonnets like) .. and no need to p.m. you, you know my name hun .. put at top of yer list.

Thank you Kate x

If you pm me your number it would be appreciated. The paper normally likes to call you for a quote, and verification of the facts.

Promise not to give you a 'booty call' in the wee small hours.:D

andrewb 12-05-2008 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 575538)
Not hysteria, just dismay that important changes are currently being considered, using public feedback as a deciding factor.

Public feedback that isn't what it purports to be, that of the views of every household in the borough, which it blatently isn't.

I have no issue with that. Only that you seemed to be blaming people earlier on when you have no idea who is responsible.

garinda 12-05-2008 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575554)
I have no issue with that. Only that you seemed to be blaming people earlier on when you have no idea who is responsible.

Who have I blamed?

The council has said in the press they are currently considering an important issue, with public feedback as a guide, from every home in Hyndburn.

This hasn't happened.

This is not about your stupid party politics, this is about gross incompetence..whoever is to blame.

BERNADETTE 12-05-2008 21:10

Pm sent if the council are claiming they sent a form to everybody it should have been sent irrespective of whether they were filled in.

garinda 12-05-2008 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 575558)
Pm sent if the council are claiming they sent a form to everybody it should have been sent irrespective of whether they were filled in.

Cheers Bernie.:)

cashman 12-05-2008 21:12

Quote:

what a load of garbage, reading the link to the obsever that rindy posted, it don't take interpol.:rolleyes:

andrewb 12-05-2008 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 575560)
what a load of garbage, reading the link to the obsever that rindy posted, it don't take interpol.:rolleyes:

You must know something the rest of us don't then. We all know the council said they were sending forms out to everyone. I want to know why everyone hasn't got them. I'm not going to go blaming the council when I have no idea if they are the ones responsible though.

Garinda your argument is weak, party politics? What has that got to do with anything?? As for who you've blamed, you constantly refer to the council and suggest that a shambles is what you expect of them.

I'm more open minded and waiting to cast judgement until we find out the reasons and who is to blame.

katex 12-05-2008 21:28

Quote:

Will endorse what Garinda has said Cyfr sweetheart .. we are just trying to find out why we did not all get these forms as promised .. I was particularly interested in this issue as stated in other threads, and just disappointed did not receive one... and definitely didn't :(

Can't blame anyone yet, as don't know, just waiting for feedback from various sources.

garinda 12-05-2008 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575565)
You must know something the rest of us don't then. We all know the council said they were sending forms out to everyone. I want to know why everyone hasn't got them. I'm not going to go blaming the council when I have no idea if they are the ones responsible though.

Since this important proposal is currently under consideration, using the findings of the returned forms, and the return by day has now passed for any other feedback to be considered, who is to blame is not the point.

The point is the feedback is flawed, with the vast majority of residents unable to give their opinion.

The point is the council said in the press that every household would be sent a form.

The point is many people, the vast majority according to our small poll, never received a form.

andrewb 12-05-2008 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 575566)
Will endorse what Garinda has said Cyfr sweetheart .. we are just trying to find out why we did not all get these forms as promised .. I was particularly interested in this issue as stated in other threads, and just disappointed did not receive one... and definitely didn't :(

Can't blame anyone yet, as don't know, just waiting for feedback from various sources.

Definitely. Completely agree that you should follow this up, you're doing a huge favour to anybody else who wanted to let their views be known but didn't have the chance.

I just have issue with people trying to play the blame game before we actually know what's what, but it seems you're not doing that, you're simply after a voice. A voice which you rightly deserve!

garinda 12-05-2008 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575565)
you constantly refer to the council

Yes, the council, a non-generic term for a group of people who it appears have made one almighty blunder.

It's up to other people to discover if any one person is to blame for this debacle.

Royboy39 12-05-2008 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 575542)
Do you mean they are not putting up new signs then for the actual borough ??

Forget it.

andrewb 12-05-2008 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 575568)
Since this important proposal is currently under consideration, using the findings of the returned forms, and the return by day has now passed for any other feedback to be considered, who is to blame is not the point.

The point is the feedback is flawed, with the vast majority of residents unable to give their opinion.

The point is the council said in the press that every household would be sent a form.

The point is many people, the vast majority according to our small poll, never received a form.

I do think we're pointlessly replying to each other now, because you know I accept the fact that people have not had forms. That is not what I'm disagreeing on in my posts.

I'm glad you're not blaming anybody anymore. ;)

garinda 12-05-2008 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575569)
I just have issue with people trying to play the blame game before we actually know what's what, but it seems you're not doing that, you're simply after a voice. A voice which you rightly deserve!

I'm blaming nobody.

Just stating facts.

A large number of people never recieved this important document.

Fact.

As stated earlier, funny how the council tax bills manage to find each and every one of us.

Fact.

andrewb 12-05-2008 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 575571)
Yes, the council, a non-generic term for a group of people who it appears have made one almighty blunder.

It's up to other people to discover if any one person is to blame for this debacle.

Sorry but you're again blaming the council. Please provide proof that it is them. I'm pretty sure the council (made up of council members, or councillors), didn't send out the mail completely on their own.

BERNADETTE 12-05-2008 21:37

Am I missing something here? In the link from the Observer it states that "Hyndburn Council" were sending these forms out to every resident in the borough. So if they made the promise are they not responsible to make sure it is followed through?:confused:

andrewb 12-05-2008 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 575576)
Am I missing something here? In the link from the Observer it states that "Hyndburn Council" were sending these forms out to every resident in the borough. So if they made the promise are they not responsible to make sure it is followed through?:confused:

Of course they're responsible for fixing it whoever is to blame for people not receiving the forms. Katex has contacted somebody over the issue so they are now aware and should sort it out. I just don't think its right to blame the council when it could be something completely out of their control.

I am not suggesting the council are innocent by the way, I'm not calling it either way. If it turns out it is their fault, I'll be all too happy to condemn them as a u-turn it would not be. :)

cashman 12-05-2008 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 575576)

nah cyfr is saying blame the postie/ distributor anyone BUT the council.:rolleyes:

andrewb 12-05-2008 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 575579)
nah cyfr is saying blame the postie/ distributor anyone BUT the council.:rolleyes:

No I'm saying wait until we know who's to blame.

You couldn't have been further from the truth so please don't try and speak on my behalf!

BERNADETTE 12-05-2008 21:56

The council are responsible as far as I am concerned.

cashman 12-05-2008 21:59

we know who's to blame its the council simple as. n as fer speaking on your behalf i apologise i would rather suck razor blades.:rolleyes:

andrewb 12-05-2008 22:07

Is the real cashman coming out? What a nasty thing to say.

cashman 12-05-2008 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575587)
Is the real cashman coming out? What a nasty thing to say.

the real cashman told you to yer face in the chatroom not behind yer back, like pieces of dung do.

andrewb 12-05-2008 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 575590)
the real cashman told you to yer face in the chatroom not behind yer back, like pieces of dung do.

I've never had a conversation with dung before. Are you still upset just because you got a slap on the wrist? It was you doing inappropriate things, I don't see why I should be the one made to look and feel bad.

garinda 12-05-2008 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575575)
Sorry but you're again blaming the council. Please provide proof that it is them. I'm pretty sure the council (made up of council members, or councillors), didn't send out the mail completely on their own.

Er...as posted in the link it was the council who said we were to recieve the forms.

'A public consultation will be launched on Monday when the council will send letters to every home in the borough asking for comments.
Residents will be given two weeks to express their views. '

More power to the people? - News - Accrington Observer

Being one of the chosen few, I can inform you that the illusive document did came from our council.

Not apportioning blame, just stating facts.

Royboy39 12-05-2008 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 575591)
I've never had a conversation with dung before. Are you still upset just because you got a slap on the wrist? It was you doing inappropriate things, I don't see why I should be the one made to look and feel bad.

Getting a bit warm...I think the time has come young man for you too to walk away?...It's called politics

garinda 12-05-2008 22:26

Thanks to all those who didn't receive a form, and are willing to state that fact to the press.

The more the merrier, so please feel free to pm me if you so wish.

katex 12-05-2008 22:37

Apologies to all for milking this thread (no not the silly cow one .. LOL), but Peter (you know who) did state :-

"This will be a very useful opportunity for all people in Hyndburn (still admitting our title then ;)) to express their thoughts about bringing local govenment down to grassroots level.

We will explain what town councils are about and what the change will mean to them "

Still awaiting ...:(

jaysay 13-05-2008 05:15

How mant people read their junk mail:confused:yesterday afternoon I recieved about 5 items they all went in the white bag. You quite often recieve mail just marked to the household, which I never open, It would appear that quite a lot of others do the same, about 76.92% seems about right:rolleyes:

garinda 13-05-2008 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 575671)
How mant people read their junk mail:confused:yesterday afternoon I recieved about 5 items they all went in the white bag. You quite often recieve mail just marked to the household, which I never open, It would appear that quite a lot of others do the same, about 76.92% seems about right:rolleyes:

As stated earlier, I'm damn hot on putting junk mail straight into the rrecycling sack. This letter was clearly not that, and your suggestion that the people who never received one is contemptible.

Happily quite a few of those people are prepared to tell the press they never received one.