Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Would you do it. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/would-you-do-it-39874.html)

beechy 30-05-2008 17:56

Re: Would you do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 584281)
Beechy, did she resent what you did.......? or did she see the sense in it?

at the time margaret i think she hated me for showing
her up in front of her friends..not long after well maybe a decade
she thanked me for it, strange things kids

Margaret Pilkington 30-05-2008 18:03

I don't think your children realise what parents go through until they have children of their own.

I think these two men will eventually realise that their mother could do nothing else for them but report them to the police......and that while she may be mortally wounded at their actions, deep in her heart she will still love them.

katex 30-05-2008 18:23

Didn't see the report Margaret, but do you think this may have been the last straw for these two lads, and that she has had trouble with their behaviour in the past, and had to take drastic action to bring them in line ? Could be they have a past of bad behaviour and she was desperate.

I tend to feel a little like Pussycat on this, but how do you know until in this situation yourself. Like all the mothers on here, I would die for my kids, and quite honestly I DO NOT KNOW what I would do.

Should we still have capital punishment in this country, and it was a crime that brought this sentence ... makes me shiver to think about it but: "Hung from the neck until dead" . could you really do this to your child ?

I think there are lots of mothers who know full well what their kids have done, due to CCTV and media information, that do not report their children.

I think that her family were bad though in not supporting her once she had made this decision.

accyman 30-05-2008 18:27

if any of my sons beat somone up and blinded them i would first ask why they did it

if i thought the sod deservd a good kicking i certainly wouldnt report them over it

if they attacked a stranger for no reason then yes i would report them

before anyone says no one deserves to be beaten up i think some people do and we will have to differ on that one ;)

derekgas 30-05-2008 18:38

I have done it and been thanked by all concerned for doing what I did, as most here know I am in favour of capital punishment, and I dont really think you could honestly say that, you would have your own flesh and blood birched, or hung etc, very good point katex.

emamum 30-05-2008 19:01

just seen an advert for mondays gmtv.. the mother is being interviewed and meeting the wife of the man she attacked, i will miss it cos its on at 9 am and i dont get back from dropping ty off till half past..

garinda 30-05-2008 19:04

I'd have no qualms, whether it be graffiti or GBH.

Anything less is letting down those you purport to care for.

Tough love, not easy to do, but worth it in the long term.

BERNADETTE 30-05-2008 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 584451)
just seen an advert for mondays gmtv.. the mother is being interviewed and meeting the wife of the man she attacked, i will miss it cos its on at 9 am and i dont get back from dropping ty off till half past..

Record it on Sky plus;)

emamum 30-05-2008 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 584455)
Record it on Sky plus;)

I dont have sky plus :(

BERNADETTE 30-05-2008 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 584457)
I dont have sky plus :(

Just realised that after I posted:confused:

Bonnyboy 30-05-2008 19:11

If a child of mine had done this I wouldn’t have hesitated to report them to the Police. If they or any of the rest of the family wanted to make a big deal about it, create some sort of lifelong rift, then tuff.

Lilly 30-05-2008 19:53

Yes, I like to think that if one of my children attacked someone I would see to it that they faced the consequences.

WillowTheWhisp 30-05-2008 20:04

If a child of mine broke the law in any way then I would report them. I would be letting them down if I let them think that I condoned criminal activity. I love them to bits and it is because I love them I couldn't let them get away with anything that is wrong.

Margaret Pilkington 30-05-2008 20:26

Although I have never been in this position (and would never ever want to be) I have no hesitation about what I would do.

Katex there was no report of these being problem lads...they are adult enough to know that actions have consequences......at 24 and 27 years old they know they should not be violent against someone else. They are very lucky not to be on a murder charge.
Perhaps if more parents would follow this brave mothers lead we would have a better, and safer society.

katex 30-05-2008 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 584517)
Although I have never been in this position (and would never ever want to be) I have no hesitation about what I would do.

Katex there was no report of these being problem lads...they are adult enough to know that actions have consequences......at 24 and 27 years old they know they should not be violent against someone else. They are very lucky not to be on a murder charge.
Perhaps if more parents would follow this brave mothers lead we would have a better, and safer society.

Well Margaret, think you have to be in this situation to know what you would do ... maybe I would, may I wouldn't .. :confused: least I have the guts to admit this. Like I said .. I just don't know ?? Blood is thicker than water. It's easy to hypothesize and say you would definitely do this .. but if that lovely little grandson of yours, later in life, did something like this, do you think you could honestly say you would march him down to the cop shop ? All sounds very admirable and the correct way to re-act .... but at the end of the day........ :dummy: