Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Getting More Than A bit Scary (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/getting-more-than-a-bit-scary-39945.html)

BERNADETTE 01-06-2008 19:14

Getting More Than A bit Scary

When my grandson was on his way round here at teatime yesterday another boy was following him and threatening him with a knife!! Luckily a friend of my daughters lives enroute so he went to her house and she brought him here. It is seriously scary as the boy is about same age as my grandson and he is nine:eek:

slinky 01-06-2008 19:17

Re: Getting More Than A bit Scary

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 585439)
When my grandson was on his way round here at teatime yesterday another boy was following him and threatening him with a knife!! Luckily a friend of my daughters lives enroute so he went to her house and she brought him here. It is seriously scary as the boy is about same age as my grandson and he is nine:eek:

JESUS!!! did you inform the police??

BERNADETTE 01-06-2008 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 585442)
JESUS!!! did you inform the police??

My daughter did and also went to see his mum

slinky 01-06-2008 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 585446)

any outcome yet Bernie?? Oh it doesn't bare thinking about :mad:

moon 01-06-2008 19:25

OMG!!!! I would be scared out of my head if it was me!!

pipinfort 01-06-2008 19:26

OMFG......:eek::eek::eek:, where in accy was this...?

Benipete 01-06-2008 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 585446)

So what was the outcome?:mad:

BERNADETTE 01-06-2008 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 585448)
any outcome yet Bernie?? Oh it doesn't bare thinking about :mad:

No not yet, told my daughter she will have to make sure he has someone with him when coming round in future. It is a shame really because it is like a bit of independence for him:(

forceten 01-06-2008 19:33

At least he had the common sense to go to your daughters friends house. Full marks to him for that

Lilly 01-06-2008 19:40

That's awful, Bernadette. :(

Like you say, it is a shame for him to have to be accompanied when he comes to visit you as coming round on his own gave him a bit of independence.

What's it coming to when 9 year olds are going round threatening other kids with knives? :eek::mad:

accyman 01-06-2008 19:47

the problem is all this publicity over knife crime has gloryfied the act of carrying a knife, the government have plastered images of knife crime all over youtube etc and the govenment should have known damn well that their tactics would be a big mistake

anyone who is pathetic enough to carry a knife is not going to be detered by images of stab wounds etc , all it will do will give them somthing to aim for or to acheive a much better wound

its just the same as asbos the govenment made a huge fuss about asbos and over night it became trendy to have an asbo

if the govenment truely wanted to deter carring and using a knife they should not put pictures of victims on the net they should put pictures of people caught doing the crime in cells serving 20 years

i bet we will see large rise in knife crime now thet the govenment has gloryfied it

i hope the police do somthing about this kid thats threatening folk with a knife

BERNADETTE 01-06-2008 19:55

It was round near the Pop club and he was terrified. He is not a softy but really scared him. His mum is quite strict so my daughter says so why he was carrying a knife is beyond me. Think you are right about gloryifing things accyman when will it end?

Lilly 01-06-2008 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 585475)
It was round near the Pop club and he was terrified. He is not a softy but really scared him. His mum is quite strict so my daughter says so why he was carrying a knife is beyond me. Think you are right about gloryifing things accyman when will it end?

I'm not surprised he was scared.

I don't know what my son would have done in those circumstances.

It's not something you think to warn them about is it? :(

katex 01-06-2008 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 585469)
the problem is all this publicity over knife crime has gloryfied the act of carrying a knife, the government have plastered images of knife crime all over youtube etc and the govenment should have known damn well that their tactics would be a big mistake

anyone who is pathetic enough to carry a knife is not going to be detered by images of stab wounds etc , all it will do will give them somthing to aim for or to acheive a much better wound

its just the same as asbos the govenment made a huge fuss about asbos and over night it became trendy to have an asbo

if the govenment truely wanted to deter carring and using a knife they should not put pictures of victims on the net they should put pictures of people caught doing the crime in cells serving 20 years

i bet we will see large rise in knife crime now thet the govenment has gloryfied it

i hope the police do somthing about this kid thats threatening folk with a knife

Sometimes you talk sense Accyman .. took the words from me mouth.

Bernie ... little twerp eh ? We are trying to encourage them to walk, catch buses, getting them out of the cotton wool situation, and this type of thing happens. Can only hope the offender's mum supported your daughter and gave him loads of ear-ache, but not a certainty these days unfortunately.

Little bit on the news just now, to charge parents and make them more responsible for their children's crimes/behaviour .. hope this will be enforced soon.

accyman 01-06-2008 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 585486)
Sometimes you talk sense Accyman.

i try to keep it to a minimum :)

i hope they do start punishing parents for their kids crimes , that way parents may actualy start taking notice in what their kids are up to

that idea alone though is not enough , i would like to see parents be given back the power to control their kids and not get put in prison for giving a well deserved beating to a kid that does this sort of thing