Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Tory Tory Tory (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/tory-tory-tory-40205.html)

andrewb 10-06-2008 23:28

Re: Tory Tory Tory

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 590614)
Why?..it was one way to improve the health of the children..you and Blazey are really coming out now.. should we all go back to shoving kid's up chimney's ? you will say no.. but if your party had not been opposed we still would be.

Chimney sweeping? Do you live in the past or present? Milk will still be given to people earning £100k, by their parents. Why does the state need to provide it for them when the state could be directing that money where its needed. It makes sense.

garinda 10-06-2008 23:28

....and as for those beavering away in the shires, you are wayyyyyyyyyyy down the food chain.:D

cashman 10-06-2008 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 590625)
Trust me, M.P.'s, party leaders, and even Prime Ministers, aren't the Tory hierarchy.;)

how little he knows.;)

garinda 10-06-2008 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 590626)
Chimney sweeping? Do you live in the past or present? Milk will still be given to people earning £100k, by their parents. Why does the state need to provide it for them when the state could be directing that money where its needed. It makes sense.

Answer the question.

Will the Conservatives also be scrapping Child Benefit for the same reasons you gave above?

BERNADETTE 10-06-2008 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 590620)
Thatchers father was a grocer. David Davis came from a single parent family living on a council estate. We already know the Labour party are not a party of aspiration though. What the heck is wrong with somebody putting their own effort in and working hard to make money?

And why would you assume that everyone that did aspire to improve theirselves was Tory??? Do you really think that every successful person is a Tory?? You really are the limit:mad:

andrewb 10-06-2008 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 590632)
Answer the question.

Will the Conservatives also be scrapping Child Benefit for the same reasons you gave above?

I await the Conservative manifesto when the election comes around. I hope it will deal with what I have mentioned.

cmonstanley 10-06-2008 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 590620)
Thatchers father was a grocer. David Davis came from a single parent family living on a council estate. We already know the Labour party are not a party of aspiration though. What the heck is wrong with somebody putting their own effort in and working hard to make money?

the tories done more to put the small business out of business than anybody else could.ie small business owner ill vote tory tory party big wad of cash from multinational .can you help me wipe out the competition? ohhh yes lets make it easier for you to open supermarkets and hike up the business rates;)who owns the supermarkets?errr the tory heirarchy we now control who sells what.farmers ill vote tory errr lets all shut down the independent dairys and let the supermarket have a milk price cartell to maximise the profits and give the farmers less money.it just dont add up.

andrewb 10-06-2008 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 590634)
And why would you assume that everyone that did aspire to improve theirselves was Tory??? Do you really think that every successful person is a Tory?? You really are the limit:mad:

I didn't say that at all Bernadette, of course that is not the case, I am sorry it came across like I was saying that. I was simply replying to cmonstanley who was criticising Conservatives saying only wealthy people support them, as if being wealthy is a bad thing. Along with the class warfare rubbish used in Crewe and Nantwich by Labour who labelled the local candidate a toff because his family have worked hard.

garinda 10-06-2008 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 590626)
Milk will still be given to people earning £100k, by their parents. Why does the state need to provide it for them when the state could be directing that money where its needed. It makes sense.

Again on that little proviso what else would they take away from those they thought could afford it?

Education? Sorry, you'll have to pay for your schooling, you're a doctor.

Health? Sorry, you'll have to pay for that chemotherapy privately, even though you've paid your N.I., we've decided you earn enough as a plumber to go private.

Where will it end?

Doesn't sound like the caring, sharing, Tory-Lite, that Dave's always bangin' on about.

blazey 10-06-2008 23:45

Maybe I missed the point of this thread, but wasn't it aimed at STOPPING andrew and I discussing politics?

Now it seems like we are being forced to discuss our political beliefs to defend ourselves.

garinda 10-06-2008 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 590632)
Answer the question.

Forget the Tory Party line then, you think it was good Thatcher scrapped free milk because some children's parents earned a lot of money, so do you also think that those same parents be getting Child Benefit, and therefore should it be scrapped?

garinda 10-06-2008 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 590641)
Maybe I missed the point of this thread, but wasn't it aimed at STOPPING andrew and I discussing politics?

Now it seems like we are being forced to discuss our political beliefs to defend ourselves.

No one wants to know what you think, you're plastic.;)

andrewb 10-06-2008 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 590636)
the tories done more to put the small business out of business than anybody else could.ie small business owner ill vote tory tory party big wad of cash from multinational .can you help me wipe out the competition? ohhh yes lets make it easier for you to open supermarkets and hike up the business rates;)who owns the supermarkets?errr the tory heirarchy we now control who sells what.farmers ill vote tory errr lets all shut down the independent dairys and let the supermarket have a milk price cartell to maximise the profits and give the farmers less money.it just dont add up.

This is just plain wrong. Small business increased 60% from 1979 to 1988. Wipe out the competition? Don't be silly, no market is good with monopolies, whether that be public or private, that's why those monopolies were broken.

Shut down independent dairies? Can I ask where you get your milk in Accrington?

andrewb 10-06-2008 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 590642)
Forget the Tory Party line then, you think it was good Thatcher scrapped free milk because some children's parents earned a lot of money, so do you also think that those same parents be getting Child Benefit, and therefore should it be scrapped?

Obviously the fine detail would be different for different amounts of money are concerned, but yes, I agree with the principle of it, whether the Conservative line is that or not.

Mancie 10-06-2008 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 590641)

No.. it was not started to stop you and Andrew discussing politics.. it was started because I got fed up with your moaning and groaning.. and yes your sig.