Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Injured solder turned away from hotel for being in the army (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/injured-solder-turned-away-from-hotel-for-being-in-the-army-42350.html)

cherokee 04-09-2008 19:31

Injured solder turned away from hotel for being in the army

First it was the soldier refused beer in the petrol station, then it was the Birmingham airport scandal and now this !!!!

:mad::mad:When are people going to realise that these guys need a bit of reconition and praise for putting their lives on the line, not condemning and turning away.:mad:

Editor's Corner - Yahoo! News UK

cmonstanley 04-09-2008 19:51

Re: Injured solder turned away from hotel for being in the army

is there a link.was he refused for just being in the army or was there any other reason ,was there a misquote:confused::confused:i cant see somebody being refused for just purely having their uniform on..if its true its about time we turned this country upside down and got back to basics.....first of all the army should have the freedom to go anywhere because they put their ass on the line for britain.....

WillowTheWhisp 04-09-2008 20:55

He evidently didn't have his uniform on. It was only when he presented his military ID for identification purposes that he was refused. I can understand them not wanting a uniformed soldier in case it attracted terrorist acts, but no-one would know he was a soldier if he looked like a civilian would they?

cashman 04-09-2008 20:58

was on 6-00 news, its as willow says according to reports, that being the case its disgraceful.:(

WillowTheWhisp 04-09-2008 21:01

From the link
Quote:

The Metro Hotel, which is owned by American Amusements Ltd, has issued an apologetic statement saying the incident "was a mistake".
Maybe the official policy is not to have uniformed soldiers and the desk clerk misinterpreted it as any military personnel.

cashman 04-09-2008 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 627078)
From the link

Maybe the official policy is not to have uniformed soldiers and the desk clerk misinterpreted it as any military personnel.

or just maybe they pay peanuts n employ monkeys:D

Royboy39 04-09-2008 21:12

I have served with our country cousins and know exectly where they are coming from.

American Amusements Ltd,

cherokee 04-09-2008 22:24

I think its an utter disgrace. like what as been said he wasnt in uniform ,he was asked to show ID and when he produced his army ID he was apparently told they would not let a soldier stay.(or words of that effect)
None the less maybe we are back to if it was a mistake staff not knowing their jobs again. (lack of training) as cashy says pay peanuts!!!!!!!!

BERNADETTE 04-09-2008 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 627101)
I think its an utter disgrace. like what as been said he wasnt in uniform ,he was asked to show ID and when he produced his army ID he was apparently told they would not let a soldier stay.(or words of that effect)
None the less maybe we are back to if it was a mistake staff not knowing their jobs again. (lack of training) as cashy says pay peanuts!!!!!!!!

Totally agree but then it is only a soldier serving the country that is being insulted, so there seems to be no problem:mad:

cherokee 05-09-2008 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 627107)
Totally agree but then it is only a soldier serving the country that is being insulted, so there seems to be no problem:mad:

I agree Bernie, The attitude from some british citezens towords our troops is disgraceful :mad:. Wouldnt think that many of them would put themselves in their position would you?
Our lads are fighting for the country we all live in but it seems a case of out of sight out of mind with some. and even when they come home they arent worthy of recognition:mad:

Eric 05-09-2008 00:30

It's hard to believe this happened.

cashman 05-09-2008 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 627145)

only cos ya emigrated years ago Eric, things like this are not that unusual here these days.;)

BERNADETTE 05-09-2008 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 627145)

But it did Eric and very few seem concerned about it. Disgraceful IMHO:mad:

cashman 05-09-2008 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 627149)
But it did Eric and very few seem concerned about it. Disgraceful IMHO:mad:

Blazey mentioned on a thread the "American Dream" sadly shes got a point, back in 70s a highly decorated G.I.s body was returned to one of the southern states n his family had to bury him over 30 miles away, cos all the ones around his hometown were " All White" cemetries. now this aint as bad as that, but the principles the same.:(

cherokee 05-09-2008 00:40

I agree Eric ..
But then is it really? after all we are talking about Britain.and the british public:rolleyes: