Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   What Stopped You In Your Tracks Today? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/what-stopped-you-in-your-tracks-today-43096.html)

mothernature 06-10-2008 14:02

What Stopped You In Your Tracks Today?

Spiders. Went to get the post, opened the vestibule door and Oh My God, a spider has spun a web right across the vestibule. Can't see the spider to suck it up the hoover so can't get out the front way now, even if the house was on fire. Yes I know they can't hurt physically, but there is no way I am going anywhere near in case it drops on me. :hidewall:

emamum 06-10-2008 14:05

Re: What Stopped You In Your Tracks Today?

lol, a ladybird fell on me the other night, scared the pants off me! It seems to have moved in with us now.

shillelagh 06-10-2008 14:07

finding out my sweetie pie was in the broadway with the 3 accyweb musketeers .........

SPUGGIE J 06-10-2008 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothernature (Post 638522)
Spiders. Went to get the post, opened the vestibule door and Oh My God, a spider has spun a web right across the vestibule. Can't see the spider to suck it up the hoover so can't get out the front way now, even if the house was on fire. Yes I know they can't hurt physically, but there is no way I am going anywhere near in case it drops on me. :hidewall:

Get a feather duster out and bash its brains in. :thankya:

mothernature 06-10-2008 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 638537)
Get a feather duster out and bash its brains in. :thankya:

No way. It would get all 8 of it's legs wrapped round the duster and then jump me. Besides I can't reach. Only 4' 11" :do-one:

katex 06-10-2008 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 638526)
finding out my sweetie pie was in the broadway with the 3 accyweb musketeers .........

:D:D You mean Porthos Pete, Aramis Mick and Athos Less then .. the other has now joined them ... Spuggy D'Artagnan. Hope they didn't fall over their swords..LOL.

cashman 06-10-2008 14:33

spug was only being sociable,not having seen the lads fer a while.:tongueout

SPUGGIE J 06-10-2008 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 638546)
:D:D You mean Porthos Pete, Aramis Mick and Athos Less then .. the other has now joined them ... Spuggy D'Artagnan. Hope they didn't fall over their swords..LOL.

If we had our swords out it is a case of for us to know and you to........ well use your imagination for the rest. ;):p:D

katex 06-10-2008 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 638557)
If we had our swords out it is a case of for us to know and you to........ well use your imagination for the rest. ;):p:D

Oooh yes, can imagine .. :eek:

shillelagh 06-10-2008 14:40

Dont encourage him katex ....... he's only down here till wednesday and i dont get to see that much of him!!!!

SPUGGIE J 06-10-2008 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 638558)

Hope it is clean what is going through your mind or will you need dinorod to sort it out?????

cashman 06-10-2008 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 638558)

i just bet ya can.:s_aim1:

katex 06-10-2008 15:44

Didn't stop me in my tracks exactly, more like in the middle of me breast stroke, when the hunky lifeguard at the gym stripped his top off to do a bit of cleaning in the jacuzzi. Cor ... had a tattoo down the top part of his spine that all most looked like a gold mark ... unfortunately, didn't get near enough to read it ... LOL Not that I stared or anything ... :rolleyes:

Talking of spiders Mothernature, took this off my daughter's blog :-

Spiders

We seem to have a settlement in my home just at the moment. Every room I go into I see a huge spider. They aren’t the cutesy ones that run across your palm. These are the full-size black or brown ones with bulky bodies and extensive, chunky legs. They make scratchy sounds as they scurry across the carpet, walls, wood floors and even up the walls.
I don’t execute them or even evict them. I just neatly circumvent them as my face creases into a dismayed expression like an old crumpled newspaper as I say something useful like, ‘Ewww! A spider’
They don’t essentially bother us; they just softly graze their way around my environment sharing the dust and warmth, they loiter in shadowy corners and get along with the business of existence hopefully just feasting on any flies that get in.
I just wish they were prettier…

http://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1pZ...hXRFC9nfaDGDIL

jaysay 06-10-2008 16:12

Theres a spider spun a web in my kitchen window, outside that is, just facinating to watch it go about its business dragging flys into its den:D

mothernature 06-10-2008 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 638580)
Didn't stop me in my tracks exactly, more like in the middle of me breast stroke, when the hunky lifeguard at the gym stripped his top off to do a bit of cleaning in the jacuzzi. Cor ... had a tattoo down the top part of his spine that all most looked like a gold mark ... unfortunately, didn't get near enough to read it ... LOL Not that I stared or anything ... :rolleyes:

Talking of spiders Mothernature, took this off my daughter's blog :-

Spiders

We seem to have a settlement in my home just at the moment. Every room I go into I see a huge spider. They aren’t the cutesy ones that run across your palm. These are the full-size black or brown ones with bulky bodies and extensive, chunky legs. They make scratchy sounds as they scurry across the carpet, walls, wood floors and even up the walls.
I don’t execute them or even evict them. I just neatly circumvent them as my face creases into a dismayed expression like an old crumpled newspaper as I say something useful like, ‘Ewww! A spider’
They don’t essentially bother us; they just softly graze their way around my environment sharing the dust and warmth, they loiter in shadowy corners and get along with the business of existence hopefully just feasting on any flies that get in.
I just wish they were prettier…

Cutesy spiders!!!!!! Never, no such thing. Burn them all at the stake, zap 'em into space. Disgusting critters. I'd rather be invaded with cockroaches. Now they are cute :D

http://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1pZ...hXRFC9nfaDGDIL

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 638585)
Theres a spider spun a web in my kitchen window, outside that is, just facinating to watch it go about its business dragging flys into its den:D

Those poor flies

flashy 06-10-2008 16:50

5 Attachment(s)
this stopped me in my tracks today

the amount of ducks and geese that are now in the lake at Queens Park (park) i've never seen as many up there
:eek:
there must have been at least 50/60 of them

and there is my very own little swan in the white coat ;)

West Ender 06-10-2008 17:23

Please don't kill spiders, if we didn't have them we'd be overrun with flies. Spiders won't run at you to attack you, to them you're so big as to be unidentifiable, just leave 'em alone and let them get on with their insecticide duties. Oh, but don't let one actually touch me. ;)

derekgas 06-10-2008 17:28

2 things stopped me in my tracks today, the usual idiots pulling out in front of my 2 ton van making it difficult to stop in time to avoid them, and 4 calls to boiler breakdowns at teatime... so see ya later, haha.

panther 06-10-2008 17:29

Quote:

eww, i hate spiders!!, there was one in my bedroom the other night, big hairy git it was:eek:, running across me rug:(, thankfully the other half caught it and chucked it out the window!!

Im wondering now where the rest of the family is:o

mothernature 06-10-2008 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 638606)
eww, i hate spiders!!, there was one in my bedroom the other night, big hairy git it was:eek:, running across me rug:(, thankfully the other half caught it and chucked it out the window!!

Im wondering now where the rest of the family is:o

And you slept in the room knowing there could be more of them. No way would I do that unless my other half is here. Unfortunately he works in Yorkshire during the week and the cat & rat (sorry dog) are useless at protecting me from the horrible things.

mothernature 06-10-2008 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 638604)
Please don't kill spiders, if we didn't have them we'd be overrun with flies. Spiders won't run at you to attack you, to them you're so big as to be unidentifiable, just leave 'em alone and let them get on with their insecticide duties. Oh, but don't let one actually touch me. ;)

I'd rather put up with flies. At least I could have a laugh watching the rat go barmy jumping up to catch them.

West Ender 06-10-2008 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothernature (Post 638630)
I'd rather put up with flies. At least I could have a laugh watching the rat go barmy jumping up to catch them.

Ah, you don't share my daddy-long-legs phobia then? :D

lancsdave 06-10-2008 19:54

What stopped me in my tracks today, easy, a car crashing in to a bridge, we were stuck on the track near Rugeley for 20 minutes :D

Mick 06-10-2008 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 638546)

KATEX don't forget we are all meeting you in the Broadway on Thursday at 12
see you there :D:D

Eric 06-10-2008 20:28

Spiders? Cute little things. What stopped me in my tracks last night while taking the dogs for a tour was a large and smelly skunk ... the dogs of course wanted to chase it and kill it, but I convinced them, with much tugging, that the better part of valour was heading for home. Maybe spiders are part of a skunk's diet; if anyone afraid of spiders would like a free skunk, maybe I could find a way of sending some over there.:alright:

Tomber 06-10-2008 20:32

My nearly 3yr old son was tapping his feet on the floor so I asked him what he was doing and he replied “dogging” followed by “what is dogging Mummy?” :eek: (if you don't know - please do not google it). I told him that it meant lots of people all taking their dogs out at the same time.

No idea where that came from - that’s nurseries for ya!

mez 07-10-2008 07:24

my doctor came to me on a house visit yesterday .......wow that stopped me & my astonished mates in our tracks ....................got a chest infection & when coughing very bad pains in chest & back which meant having to hold my "chests" whilst coughing i can't drive my car doing that so thought try for a home visit.

mez 07-10-2008 07:28

as per post above i can only think the reason i did get the home visit was the fact that i clobbered to death a gigantic spider in my bedroom that morning..........didn't fancy chocking on a spider as well as the "muck" im coughing up.

Neil 07-10-2008 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomber (Post 638690)
My nearly 3yr old son was tapping his feet on the floor so I asked him what he was doing and he replied “dogging” followed by “what is dogging Mummy?” :eek: (if you don't know - please do not google it). I told him that it meant lots of people all taking their dogs out at the same time.

You cant beat a good lie to your kids.
Next time you are in the park your lad will hopefully shout across to you

"look Mum at all those people dogging"

Then you will wish you had told him it is a naughty word and he should not use it. :D:D:D

By the way telling people not to search dogging has just made all those that do not know go and look.

derekgas 07-10-2008 07:37

Sympathise with you Mez, everybody at home and at work has had this cough/cold, and it isnt nice, get well soon! x

SPUGGIE J 07-10-2008 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 638858)
You cant beat a good lie to your kids.
Next time you are in the park your lad will hopefully shout across to you

"look Mum at all those people dogging"

Then you will wish you had told him it is a naughty word and he should not use it. :D:D:D

By the way telling people not to search dogging has just made all those that do not know go and look.

Sounds like a voice of experience of kids picking up n shouting "Dodgy" phrases. :eek::D

derekgas 07-10-2008 07:42

Wondered why Neil spent so much time at the park! :p

Neil 07-10-2008 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 638865)
Wondered why Neil spent so much time at the park! :p

You can help out if you like mate, I will let you know when we are planting a few thousand daff/crocus bulbs - it will be a couple of weeks yet.

SPUGGIE J 07-10-2008 07:45

He claims its for fresh dumps for his roses but now, well we no a bit more. :gooddog:

SPUGGIE J 07-10-2008 07:52

A doctor giving a house call!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: Need medical attention for the shock! Anyone got a large brandy???

jaysay 07-10-2008 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mez (Post 638853)
my doctor came to me on a house visit yesterday .......wow that stopped me & my astonished mates in our tracks ....................got a chest infection & when coughing very bad pains in chest & back which meant having to hold my "chests" whilst coughing i can't drive my car doing that so thought try for a home visit.

So what was it that stopped you in your tracks Mez, the cough and chest pains or that you actually got a house visit:D

south aussie 07-10-2008 09:40

Quote:

Have look at the types of spiders we have in Australia

Be afraid be very afraid !

mez 07-10-2008 10:03

the house visit of course plus it was my own doctor!!!!

jaysay 07-10-2008 10:21

Talking about things that stop you in your tracks, I've just had a phone call from my other have regarding her dog, it hasn't been at all well for over two weeks now, was in the vets for two days for test last weekend, she actually brought it up to my place for the weekend, and was due to take it back to the vet this morning, seems last night it was violently sick and when she took it to the vets this morning the test results were back and the poor little sod was suffering from kidney failure and would only live for two months at the most and she would have been in a lot of pain and discomfort, so she's had to have her put to sleep, now that has really stopped me in my tracks

mothernature 07-10-2008 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by south aussie (Post 638905)
Have look at the types of spiders we have in Australia

Be afraid be very afraid !

I'd be in a catatonic state if I saw any of them. OMG I can feel a nightmare coming on tonight. Better sleep with padding round bed. :eek:

Eric 07-10-2008 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomber (Post 638690)

The Canadian version of "dogging" means being lazy, goofing off. It's a short and more polite form of (dare I say it) "effing the dog." So if you are lying around on a hot summers' day, sipping on a brewskie, when you should be mowing the lawn, and someone asks you what you are doing, you say "just doggin' it, eh." But I guess "dogging" means something else that side of the pond.

MargaretR 07-10-2008 16:45

Phew:eek: - I opened an Icesave account 2weeks ago but then changed my mind about putting my savings there - if I believed in guardian angels I would be tempted to thank mine

Neil 07-10-2008 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 639045)
But I guess "dogging" means something else that side of the pond.

From BBC news

Quote:

Dogging is an extension of "swinging" parties - and involves exhibitionist sex in semi-secluded locations such as car parks or country parks.

MargaretR 07-10-2008 16:58

Extract from that link-
Legally, the issue of dogging is a grey area - "doggers" are committing no offence unless they are witnessed by a member of the public who can be defined as "outraged" in the eyes of the law.
The allotment car park is a venue on my doorstep - I get 'outraged' by the booze bottles they leave behind

Eric 07-10-2008 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 639051)

Sounds like a helluva lot more fun than sitting in the sun drinking beer;):D

katex 07-10-2008 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 639073)
Sounds like a helluva lot more fun than sitting in the sun drinking beer;):D

Well, only if you get yer kicks 'watching' rather than 'doing' ... ;)
Your alternative sounds much more fun.

Eric 07-10-2008 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 639076)
Well, only if you get yer kicks 'watching' rather than 'doing' ... ;)
Your alternative sounds much more fun.

I guess one could do both:eek:

shillelagh 07-10-2008 22:37

The consultant i saw today!!!!

south aussie 08-10-2008 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothernature (Post 638933)
I'd be in a catatonic state if I saw any of them. OMG I can feel a nightmare coming on tonight. Better sleep with padding round bed. :eek:

the redback spider likes to make a nest in the DUNNY [toilet] and hides under the seat , it,s bite is not life threatening,but it can make you very sick.
Have a good look next time you go ,you never know what you might find

Neil 08-10-2008 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by south aussie (Post 639280)
the redback spider likes to make a nest in the DUNNY [toilet] and hides under the seat , it,s bite is not life threatening,but it can make you very sick.

So it gets you when your flies are down :rolleyes:

SPUGGIE J 08-10-2008 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by south aussie (Post 639280)

Hope it bit my butt n not something a bit more tender when I was making a deposit. :eek:;):D

lindsay ormerod 08-10-2008 18:15

The stupid, immature and downright bullying tone of a " superior" at my place of employ that now has me jobhunting !:mad:

katex 08-10-2008 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 639478)
The stupid, immature and downright bullying tone of a " superior" at my place of employ that now has me jobhunting !:mad:

Oooh Lindsay .. some people have no people skills have they. x

shillelagh 08-10-2008 18:35

BT - wanting £116 for a call out fee

cashman 08-10-2008 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 639486)
BT - wanting £116 for a call out fee

thats pretty cheap to approach you jen.:D

Benipete 08-10-2008 19:06

The barmaid that charged me £2-35 for a lager shandy when a pint of lager is only £1-70.
Case comes up next Tue.:knife::behead:

shillelagh 08-10-2008 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 639493)
The barmaid that charged me £2-35 for a lager shandy when a pint of lager is only £1-70.
Case comes up next Tue.:knife::behead:

Who's?:p:p:p

Benipete 08-10-2008 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 639494)
Who's?:p:p:p

Don't complicate things,two shandy's and I'm anybodies.

Well I am at that price.:D:D

arthur bithell 10-10-2008 02:35

Emigrated to Australia.
over here they got real spiders.
we get huntsmans in our house up to 80mm across, they bite if pushed but no venom.
we also get white tails. small but a bite will cause your skin to rot very bad.
went to a outback toilet when my eyes adjusted to the dark i found i was surrounded by really big nasty spiders. i think they were bird spiders.up to 120mm.
Red backs on the toilet seat are known to be common in the outback.
and just to finish it off it has been known that if you sleep on the grond in your sleeping bag you may wake up with a snake in with you, it gets in for warmth.

Romps 10-10-2008 05:57

Ian Parry getting 4 years!

MargaretR 10-10-2008 13:46

The news that my granddaughter is going steady with a professional footballer - a WAG in the family :eek:
I am assured that he is a really nice person :D

Caz 10-10-2008 17:06

Signed the tenancy on a house in Clayton this afternoon, only to discover the deposit was £200 less than we thought! :) :eek:

Weh hey, gonna be a bottom ender again! :D

Could have sworn I posted this earlier lol! Must have forgotten to click! :rolleyes:

katex 10-10-2008 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzer (Post 639992)
Signed the tenancy on a house in Clayton this afternoon, only to discover the deposit was £200 less than we thought! :) :eek:

Might see you around then ... :D

Caz 10-10-2008 17:53

We are going to Barnes Street, Kate, top end, Lived on Norfolk Close till about 12 years ago. Can't wait, not only getting away from here, but getting back there! Near some of my family too. :) Can feel the stress lifting already! :)

Neil 10-10-2008 19:19

Quote:

Is that like a bottom feeder :rolleyes::eek::D

Caz 10-10-2008 19:43

Was just waiting for you to come up with that Neil, you're too predictable! :D

Eric 10-10-2008 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzer (Post 640046)

Give him a break; he's from Ozzy, so he is probably not dealing from a full deck.;):D

Caz 10-10-2008 19:58

I know, not a patch on us "Bottom Enders". :D

katex 10-10-2008 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzer (Post 640015)
We are going to Barnes Street, Kate, top end, Lived on Norfolk Close till about 12 years ago. Can't wait, not only getting away from here, but getting back there! Near some of my family too. :) Can feel the stress lifting already! :)

Lived at No. 72 for 9 years, but now on the Sparth Farm Estate .. welcome back .. x

Caz 10-10-2008 20:46

Ooh youre a posh bottom ender now then! :D

Look forward to seeing you around, remember seeing you at the Stag closing do. Will make myself known if I see you. :)

Neil 10-10-2008 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzer (Post 640046)

Yeah sure you were.

I lived in Clayton for a few years, I could not wait to get out.

Caz 10-10-2008 20:56

Well maybe not you Neil. but knew someone would come up with the bottom feeders connection, and you being the joker you are...:D

Nowt wrong with clayton in my opinion, or wouldnt be going back there. The bottom feeders are just metres away from where I am sat now...:mad:

Neil 10-10-2008 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzer (Post 640089)
Nowt wrong with clayton in my opinion, or wouldnt be going back there. The bottom feeders are just metres away from where I am sat now...:mad:

Its better than some parts of Accy.

I did not mind living in Clayton for the most part - I have lived in worse places :o

katex 10-10-2008 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 640093)

I did not mind living in Clayton for the most part - I have lived in worse places :o

Ya' know Cazzer, think you may have extracted half a retraction from Neil there, that has got to be a first.. :D

ossylass 10-10-2008 23:03

Just what is it that Eric and Lancsdave have against us from Ossy? _ we're not all Gobbiners you know, some of us are incomers from Accy and Rishton, even!

Neil 11-10-2008 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 640097)
Ya' know Cazzer, think you may have extracted half a retraction from Neil there, that has got to be a first.. :D

Don't jam me with the same brush as others on here. If I am wrong I will say so and have done before.

lancsdave 11-10-2008 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossylass (Post 640144)
Just what is it that Eric and Lancsdave have against us from Ossy? _ we're not all Gobbiners you know, some of us are incomers from Accy and Rishton, even!

Would you like to enlighten me, I didn't know I had anything against people from Ossy :confused:

jaysay 11-10-2008 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 640081)
Lived at No. 72 for 9 years, but now on the Sparth Farm Estate .. welcome back .. x

What kind of animals do they have on that farm kate:D

jaysay 11-10-2008 09:05

Quote:

Well ossylass, I'm not sure about Eric, but you have to make allowances for dave, he's a Dingle:D

lancsdave 11-10-2008 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 640189)
Well ossylass, I'm not sure about Eric, but you have to make allowances for dave, he's a Dingle:D

I was going to make the point that most people in Ossy are okay, just the odd one or two spoil it. I'm sure Neil will be along soon to back you up and prove me right :p

Neil 11-10-2008 09:10

Quote:

Its called humour.

If you lived in Rishton or Accy you must have been pleased to move to Gods Country.

Neil 11-10-2008 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 640190)
I was going to make the point that most people in Ossy are okay, just the odd one or two spoil it. I'm sure Neil will be along soon to back you up and prove me right :p

You are of course right my firiend, there are a couple of odd ones in Ossy - well like anywhere more than just a couple :D

lancsdave 11-10-2008 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 640194)
You are of course right my firiend, there are a couple of odd ones in Ossy - well like anywhere more than just a couple :D

There you go picking on Gayle again :D

jaysay 11-10-2008 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 640192)
Its called humour.

If you lived in Rishton or Accy you must have been pleased to move to Gods Country.

Well the lucky ones are those who were actually born in Gods Country Neil:D

Neil 11-10-2008 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 640197)
There you go picking on Gayle again :D

Nope Gayle is not one of the wierd ones :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 640207)
Well the lucky ones are those who were actually born in Gods Country Neil:D

Both my parents were born and bred in Ossy. They just moved out after they were married.

I decided to return to my ancestral home a few years ago :D

mumtotwo 12-10-2008 10:24

Quote:

I used to be a top ender but moved to the bottom end about 6 mths ago and it aint as bad as i was led to beleive !
I am on Pickup street so just around the corner from you,so if there is an increase in trouble i know whos responsable lol :D

Caz 12-10-2008 12:51

:eek::eek::eek:

:D:D:D
Coming down there to bring the standards up, lol! ;);)

flashy 13-10-2008 11:52

Cazzer have you got sons called Neil,Lee and Chris by any chance?

Caz 13-10-2008 13:39

Small world eh, Flashy? :D

flashy 13-10-2008 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzer (Post 640756)
Small world eh, Flashy? :D

lol, shush:o at least it didnt get to the stage where i started calling ya mum ;) hehee, be thankful for that at least :D;);)

Caz 13-10-2008 17:04

Now that would have stopped me in my tracks today! :eek: :D

katex 13-10-2008 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzer (Post 640799)
Now that would have stopped me in my tracks today! :eek: :D

Well, not the only thing that may stop you in yer tracks Cazzer, closed off Barnes Street today for major works (welcome back .. LOL). Can't get access from the bottom, but presume can from the top 'just for access'. Will try and take a look for you later.

Think was in the Observer last week, but wrapped me lamb chop bones in that section .. :rolleyes: possibly on the L.C.C. site somewhere.

Caz 13-10-2008 17:47

Thanks Kate. Don't think we'll get the keys before Friday. Maybe even Monday. They've been painting and doing repairs etc. Hopefully it will be back to normal by then. :)

'erindoors 13-10-2008 18:22

What Stopped You In Your Tracks Today?

Hmmmm, Phil's kiss this morning before he went to work.

Gail xxxx

cashman 13-10-2008 19:21

same thing as does everyday- me tea.:D

mothernature 14-10-2008 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 640093)

I used to love working in Clayton. Friendly folk all round :D

mothernature 14-10-2008 00:04

Quote:

Could have sworn I posted this earlier lol! Must have forgotten to click! :rolleyes:

Good luck with your move.

MargaretR 14-10-2008 11:09

.....talking of spiders..........(which started this thread)
BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | Exotic spiders crawl into the UK

mothernature 14-10-2008 12:33

Thanks Margaret.

Had a heart attack when I saw them. I'm bad enough with the English spiders and now we may be invaded by immigrant ones. As for that tube spider, tell me again that spiders don't attack you. More nightmares tonight for me. Yee gods I'm shaking now. Off to spray the whole house with Oil of Cloves. There are non getting in my house again.

MargaretR 14-10-2008 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothernature (Post 641102)
Thanks Margaret.

Had a heart attack when I saw them. I'm bad enough with the English spiders and now we may be invaded by immigrant ones. As for that tube spider, tell me again that spiders don't attack you. More nightmares tonight for me. Yee gods I'm shaking now. Off to spray the whole house with Oil of Cloves. There are non getting in my house again.

Get yourself a plug in spider repeller. I am in an upstairs flat with big trees very close front and back, so they don't need to jump far to get to me.

There are 2 types=
sonic and ...sonic plus pulse through the ring main
The second type is better but dearer