Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Let's Webcast Council (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/lets-webcast-council-45613.html)

cashman 15-02-2009 23:18

Re: Let's Webcast Council

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 680689)
Let's hope they dont introduce it before the summer of 2010.

Otherwise Andrew will be watching it 24/7, and will never graduate.

:D

ah but at least he would see what really goes on.

ClarePritchard 20-02-2009 21:42

Good idea, you could use it as a cure from insomnia !!!!!!!!!!

g jones 20-02-2009 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 680687)
Rossendale call theirs Neighbourhood forums ... theres one for whitworth, bacup, rawtenstall, haslingden and edenfield and helmshore where people can attend and there is an agenda and they can either before the meeting speak to a councillor or theres an item on the agenda where the public can ask questions.

And there are a lot of Town and Parish Councils. Pendle, Rossendale, Ribble Valley and Burnley have a lot.

g jones 20-02-2009 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 680627)
Do the other Councils you mentioned have anything like our Area Councils where the public can ask questions?

I am not so sure you can ask questions. When we get around to it they have to be tabled and there's no follow up and it happens about 2 hours in.

Area Councils used to be able to receive questions at Full Council but because the constitution said the Area Council chair MUST answer the question in Full Council, Area Councils were ended in all but name. They are Area Forums now.

And sticking to the thread... YES they should be live on the internet. If enough people feel strongly about it, I will move a motion at Council for it to happen.

g jones 20-02-2009 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 680691)
ah but at least he would see what really goes on.

Andrew has turned up to Council and our Area Council. He never said anything about them to be fair. I think most councillors set a good example of local politics in Hyndburn at those meetings. Don't know if Andrew shares that view but he has said little about his attendance?

claytonender 20-02-2009 22:53

I think it would be an excellent idea to Webcast Council meetings.

garinda 20-02-2009 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonender (Post 683396)
I think it would be an excellent idea to Webcast Council meetings.

Seconded.

cmonstanley 20-02-2009 23:25

thirded:)good idea

garinda 20-02-2009 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 683413)
thirded:)good idea

Especially now Channel 5's dropping Trisha.:D

BERNADETTE 20-02-2009 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 683425)
Especially now Channel 5's dropping Trisha.:D

You can always switch to Jeremy Kyle on ITV(unless you already watch it):rolleyes::p:eek::D

garinda 20-02-2009 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 683426)
You can always switch to Jeremy Kyle on ITV(unless you already watch it):rolleyes::p:eek::D

Watch it?

I'm waiting to go on it, and find out who my goldfish's daddy is.

:D

cashman 21-02-2009 00:02

interesting to note the councillors on here seem happy to have this added, will be very interesting to see if proposed it sees the light of day, says cashys cynical side.;)

jaysay 21-02-2009 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 683429)
interesting to note the councillors on here seem happy to have this added, will be very interesting to see if proposed it sees the light of day, says cashys cynical side.;)

Cashy, cynical, didn't know that was in your vocabulary mate:D:rolleyes:

jaysay 21-02-2009 09:03

Don't know whether full council on line would be a good idea or not. In the old days of the Committee system, the committee's were very interesting as a spectator and full council was a bore to me, as it was just a rubber stamping job. However I haven't been to a meeting since the Cabinet system came in, whether full council is now more interesting I wouldn't know, but if anybody is interested in seeing how the council does work I can recommend a visit, maybe Planning still has some of the old values and its by far one of the most interesting parts of local legislation

shillelagh 21-02-2009 22:31

I wouldnt bother Jaysay ... i was used to the old committee system as well used to enjoy some of the rossendale council meetings i used to go to. Just before christmas i went to a council meeting ... in fact it was a planning one .. and to me theyre terrible not like the old committee style meetings i was used to ... and i aint relishing going to the next one im going to next thursday either.