Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Let's Webcast Council (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/lets-webcast-council-45613.html)

Acrylic-bob 05-03-2012 15:33

Re: Let's Webcast Council

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 975308)
Nope, so we cause the minimum of offence it will have to be Kentucky Fried, it's Hal al so that's o.k. for everybody, (except the mediators, (but they don't count)), and we'd never talk the Indians into going anywhere near Blackburn Road.

No that would never do Less, most Hindu's are vegetarian. How about a few chairs gathered around the coffee machine at Scaitcliffe Towers?

jaysay 05-03-2012 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 975265)
Things have changed a bit since my day. In all the years I was there, we never had anything like the cuts that the Council has to impose this year, and the only thing to look forward to at budget time was how much George Slynn would find for his latest pet schemes.

Nowadays, there are wholesale redundancies and service cuts which SHOULD be of concern.

George Slynn and there was me thinking it was only Britcliffe who did that gynn:rolleyes:

jaysay 05-03-2012 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob (Post 975315)
No that would never do Less, most Hindu's are vegetarian. How about a few chairs gathered around the coffee machine at Scaitcliffe Towers?

Or sub committee meetings at Rishton Towers:rolleyes:

Acrylic-bob 05-03-2012 18:28

I'm not sure that would do either, both sides might object to the presence there of vast quantities of ales, stouts and porter. Allegedly.

Less 05-03-2012 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob (Post 975315)

Perhaps completely neurtral would be to clear the alki's and 'social' drug users off the benches outside the market and everyone could sit there...

Arghhh, no, just realised, that will start rindy on his long term rant about the benches having been removed, still, a new set could be claimed on expenses for the meeting.

accyman 05-03-2012 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 975476)
Perhaps completely neurtral would be to clear the alki's and 'social' drug users off the benches outside the market and everyone could sit there...

Arghhh, no, just realised, that will start rindy on his long term rant about the benches having been removed, still, a new set could be claimed on expenses for the meeting.

yeah but after a few drunks use them they will end up in the back of a gypsy scrap metal van liek the last lot did :rolleyes:

Less 05-03-2012 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 975485)
yeah but after a few drunks use them they will end up in the back of a gypsy scrap metal van liek the last lot did :rolleyes:

This negotiating and diplomacy lark isn't as easy as it first seems, if we can't even agree where to offer them to meet, no wonder it takes such a long time to get them together.

Maybe we should just let them get on with it and keep our noses out?

Ken Moss 05-03-2012 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 975388)
Or sub committee meetings at Rishton Towers:rolleyes:

Once a week with my two fellow Rishton councillors, even had one from Peel and one from Huncoat join us last week.

I keep my kettle on and my cellar well stocked.

Neil 05-03-2012 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 975500)
.........I keep my kettle on and my cellar well stocked.

Is the hot water for washing the blood stains away after your latest Tory victim 'visited' your cellar? :rolleyes::D

cashman 05-03-2012 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 975528)
Is the hot water for washing the blood stains away after your latest Tory victim 'visited' your cellar? :rolleyes::D

Hopefully.:D

Ken Moss 05-03-2012 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 975528)

I'm not that bad, although I must admit I don't recall Jeeves ever admitting a Tory.

So long as visitors enjoy a drink and are decent company I'll usually offer them a drink....

Neil 05-03-2012 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 975531)
I'm not that bad, although I must admit I don't recall Jeeves ever admitting a Tory.

So long as visitors enjoy a drink and are decent company I'll usually offer them a drink....

Jeeves is an unusual name for a Rottweiler

Ken Moss 05-03-2012 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 975532)

I've never shared a house with any dogs either....

garinda 05-03-2012 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 975476)

Ah yes, the removal of the Market Hall benches.

I had a visitation.

No, a real one.

I wasn't tripping on L.S.D., and imagining a spooky incarnation of the Deputy Leader of Hyndburn B.C. on my doorstep.

I was told I was right.

The benches were damaged beyond repair, when they were removed, as part of this experiment.

But I was very naughty boy, saying those gypsies had been told to take them away, because as sure as Kashmir is India, all the broken bits are still there in the coucil yard. So my informant was wrong.

:rolleyes:

jaysay 06-03-2012 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 975532)

Well you didn't think he'd call it Peter did ya:D