Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Pot holes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/pot-holes-46059.html)

maxwell silver 08-03-2009 10:32

Pot holes

Is it Emma st.at the back off the sports centre?The road down there is a disgrace,more pot holes than Basra high street.I'd be up in arms if i was a resident.But its not in Ossy & tucked away behind the sports centre so lets not waste money on it eh PB?.Do residents on this street not pay their taxes?I often walk back this way to Church from Asda or Matalan & guarentee any car parked on this street is splashed with mud from the craters in the road.A disgrace.:mad:

flashy 08-03-2009 10:38

Re: Pot holes

Maxy, report it, me and entwisi did with the potholes in Bash and they did them the same day, like the bloke on the phone told me, if they dont know about them then they cant fix them...they are a really nice bunch at the highways agency, look on their website and fill in the report and they WILL get them done

jaysay 08-03-2009 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwell silver (Post 690249)
Is it Emma st.at the back off the sports centre?The road down there is a disgrace,more pot holes than Basra high street.I'd be up in arms if i was a resident.But its not in Ossy & tucked away behind the sports centre so lets not waste money on it eh PB?.Do residents on this street not pay their taxes?I often walk back this way to Church from Asda or Matalan & guarentee any car parked on this street is splashed with mud from the craters in the road.A disgrace.:mad:

Sorry Maxwell on't blame PB, Nothing to do with HBC, totally LCC problem, rattle Joneses cage

SPUGGIE J 08-03-2009 10:46

Wish they were that helpful and quick to act up here. :( Hit that many when on my bike that I am lucky it aint wrecked as most cannot be avoided.

Wonder if Carla has been out at night digging em as she is getting good a digging holes. ;):rolleyes::D

flashy 08-03-2009 10:51

Maxy, fill this in and they will get back to you after they have done it

Fill In

SPUGGIE J 08-03-2009 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 690256)
Maxy, fill this in and they will get back to you after they have done it

Fill In

Now that is handy. Tried out of curiosity the Falkirk site and it is not as easy as the one here. Seems to be an external site and I cant get it to load. :confused:

katex 08-03-2009 11:24

Isn't this the street talked about in 'Expenses, Expenses' thread ?

Look around #200 at Claytonender's post, and AndrewB's former posts on this ... it is an unadopted road, and trying to get it sorted. Sure she will be around soon to explain.

Gayle 08-03-2009 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 690253)
Sorry Maxwell on't blame PB, Nothing to do with HBC, totally LCC problem, rattle Joneses cage

No point rattling Jones either, he's not a County Councillor - you could try Jean Battle though.

katex 08-03-2009 14:09

Could be a difficult one this Maxwell, if not impossible at the moment.

Highways - Adoption of Private Streets

Suppose if more people complain to the LCC .. may force them to fill in the holes, but the residents will only get billed for it.

carla d 08-03-2009 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 690254)
Wish they were that helpful and quick to act up here. :( Hit that many when on my bike that I am lucky it aint wrecked as most cannot be avoided.

Wonder if Carla has been out at night digging em as she is getting good a digging holes. ;):rolleyes::D

anything else you want me to dig??? maybe we could dig togeather seen as all you have done is have digs at me??? :D:rolleyes:

SPUGGIE J 08-03-2009 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by carla d (Post 690345)
anything else you want me to dig??? maybe we could dig togeather seen as all you have done is have digs at me??? :D:rolleyes:

How about digging up gardens for a veggie patch? :D

panther 08-03-2009 19:03

Iv noticed Ossy mills area has a few potholes too, wonder if they will re tarmac it when they have finished doing the 'upgrade'?

Oh and as for Emma st, well no comment especially at the bottom end, where the rd is a disgrace, have ya seen the state of the houses?, which is a shame for some because some are quite nice:(

cashman 08-03-2009 19:12

think Emma street is unadopted, not certain was told about 25 years ago when a relative lived on yon, but memory aint that great.:confused: just remembered Bernies sis lives on yon, has done fer ever, so she should know the reason.

Ossywarrior 08-03-2009 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwell silver (Post 690249)

FYI the roads in ossy are ****e as well

flashy 08-03-2009 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ossywarrior (Post 690430)
FYI the roads in ossy are ****e as well

can just imagine you pointing your finger and shaking your head when you said that phil ;) *snigger*