Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 10:32   #1
Senior Member+

Pot holes

Is it Emma st.at the back off the sports centre?The road down there is a disgrace,more pot holes than Basra high street.I'd be up in arms if i was a resident.But its not in Ossy & tucked away behind the sports centre so lets not waste money on it eh PB?.Do residents on this street not pay their taxes?I often walk back this way to Church from Asda or Matalan & guarentee any car parked on this street is splashed with mud from the craters in the road.A disgrace.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:38   #2
God Member

Re: Pot holes

Maxy, report it, me and entwisi did with the potholes in Bash and they did them the same day, like the bloke on the phone told me, if they dont know about them then they cant fix them...they are a really nice bunch at the highways agency, look on their website and fill in the report and they WILL get them done
Old 08-03-2009, 10:45   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Is it Emma st.at the back off the sports centre?The road down there is a disgrace,more pot holes than Basra high street.I'd be up in arms if i was a resident.But its not in Ossy & tucked away behind the sports centre so lets not waste money on it eh PB?.Do residents on this street not pay their taxes?I often walk back this way to Church from Asda or Matalan & guarentee any car parked on this street is splashed with mud from the craters in the road.A disgrace.
Sorry Maxwell on't blame PB, Nothing to do with HBC, totally LCC problem, rattle Joneses cage
Old 08-03-2009, 10:46   #4
God Member

Wish they were that helpful and quick to act up here. Hit that many when on my bike that I am lucky it aint wrecked as most cannot be avoided.

Wonder if Carla has been out at night digging em as she is getting good a digging holes.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:51   #5
God Member

Maxy, fill this in and they will get back to you after they have done it

Fill In
Old 08-03-2009, 11:05   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Maxy, fill this in and they will get back to you after they have done it

Fill In
Now that is handy. Tried out of curiosity the Falkirk site and it is not as easy as the one here. Seems to be an external site and I cant get it to load.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 11:24   #7
Resting in Peace

Isn't this the street talked about in 'Expenses, Expenses' thread ?

Look around #200 at Claytonender's post, and AndrewB's former posts on this ... it is an unadopted road, and trying to get it sorted. Sure she will be around soon to explain.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 13:45   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Sorry Maxwell on't blame PB, Nothing to do with HBC, totally LCC problem, rattle Joneses cage
No point rattling Jones either, he's not a County Councillor - you could try Jean Battle though.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 14:09   #9
Resting in Peace

Could be a difficult one this Maxwell, if not impossible at the moment.

Highways - Adoption of Private Streets

Suppose if more people complain to the LCC .. may force them to fill in the holes, but the residents will only get billed for it.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 16:29   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Wish they were that helpful and quick to act up here. Hit that many when on my bike that I am lucky it aint wrecked as most cannot be avoided.

Wonder if Carla has been out at night digging em as she is getting good a digging holes.

anything else you want me to dig??? maybe we could dig togeather seen as all you have done is have digs at me???
carla d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 17:56   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla d View Post
anything else you want me to dig??? maybe we could dig togeather seen as all you have done is have digs at me???
How about digging up gardens for a veggie patch?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 19:03   #12
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Iv noticed Ossy mills area has a few potholes too, wonder if they will re tarmac it when they have finished doing the 'upgrade'?

Oh and as for Emma st, well no comment especially at the bottom end, where the rd is a disgrace, have ya seen the state of the houses?, which is a shame for some because some are quite nice
Old 08-03-2009, 19:12   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

think Emma street is unadopted, not certain was told about 25 years ago when a relative lived on yon, but memory aint that great. just remembered Bernies sis lives on yon, has done fer ever, so she should know the reason.
Old 08-03-2009, 19:28   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post

FYI the roads in ossy are ****e as well
Old 08-03-2009, 19:33   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossywarrior View Post
FYI the roads in ossy are ****e as well
can just imagine you pointing your finger and shaking your head when you said that phil *snigger*

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..