Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Had Enough (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/had-enough-48642.html)

Stumped 04-08-2009 17:31

Re: Had Enough

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 733164)
Sorry guys but i am sick and fed up of all the hassle and arguing on here
i am fed up of all the name calling .
i am really thinking of packing it all in
i have been a mod on here for 6 years and in that time i have had to take a lot of flack but took it to help Roy out
but i cant take it anymore i now know how kipax felt when he packed it in
i have really enjoyed it on here and have made a lot of friends but there are a few that just push things to far and this has happend once to often for me.
I have been sworn at, threatened with violence threatened to be sued and a lot of other things.
I have tried to help members and they just give sarcastic comments and try to stir things on site
and i can do without it and i am tired of it we used to have fun but cant do that these days .

I will stay until Roy gets back then have a word i will not leave him short of staff
But i really have had enough.

As a relative newcomer to the site I have put my foot in it on more than one occasion, and been quickly brought to book for it. I heartily respect that we all have different opinions on a variety of subjects, but when it gets personal, it can hurt. Stick with it, Mick, as by far the majority of subscribers clearly respect you for all that you have done in maintaining the site, much to the betterment of all reasonable thinking people who take part.

cashman 04-08-2009 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 733351)
Please allow me to advise those that have upset Mick,

He is far too valuable to the site than the sum of the rest of us, accyweb has been left in his control with almost complete power by Roy because he can be trusted.

I suggest that anyone that may have upset him recently sends a P.M. apologising for the harm they have done to a person that can only be described as a wonderful gentle, man.

accyweb has had good and bad times, Mick has always been here for the rest of us.

Keep Mick, stop giving him hassle, and enjoy accyweb, you know it makes sense.
:rolleyes:

think that sums things very well,failing that happening i suggest BOOT EM into touch period.:(

Margaret Pilkington 04-08-2009 17:35

Neil, while you are right about Mick being the one to decide whether to stay or go, those of us who have asked Mick to re-think are doing so because he is a good and fair moderator......and Mick needs to be told how much we value his work on the forum......all too often the work that is done behind the scenes gets no recognition.

Mick is worth a lot to this site......someone said in a previous post that Mick is the face of Accyweb.....and I believe that to be true.

West Ender 04-08-2009 18:00

I agree wholeheartedly with Margaret and others.

Mick says he's been abused and insulted, even physically threatened, and I believe him. There comes a point where real unpleasantness gets under the thickest of skins.

I hope, Mick, that the testimony of many of us that you're a nice guy and a very good Mod, makes up a little for the abuse. You don't have to put up with that sort of thing from bullies who hide behind a keyboard. Throw your weight about, too, for a change; ban them.

vera 04-08-2009 18:09

Mick, if you decide to "hand in your notice", who would keep the rowdies on the straight and narrow in the Railway at lunchtimes, also, if i turn up in Accy unannounced and my daughter is not at home, i know i can come down to the Railway and find her in there being looked after by all of you "elders" of Accyweb.

Barrie Yates 04-08-2009 18:11

As a newbie I don't have much experience on here, but i do know what an onerous task Moderator can be.
i had the pleasure to meet Mick when I was last in Accrington, I have also recieved help when first joining.
Mick, pleae reconsider, ther are A******s everywhere, but there are friends as well.

Less 04-08-2009 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by vera (Post 733408)
Mick, if you decide to "hand in your notice", who would keep the rowdies on the straight and narrow in the Railway at lunchtimes, also, if i turn up in Accy unannounced and my daughter is not at home, i know i can come down to the Railway and find her in there being looked after by all of you "elders" of Accyweb.

Excuse me?

He may be threatening to hang up his keyboard but, he can't possibly stop the research, nobody in the Railway does anything except abuse his liver!

LYNX1 04-08-2009 18:22

Whatever would I do in the afternoons if mick went...........I would be left with only Less, Benipete, and David1 (when he comes over) to terrorise.......that just wouldn't be right :( And anyway Mick bruises easier :D

shillelagh 04-08-2009 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNX1 (Post 733414)
Whatever would I do in the afternoons if mick went...........I would be left with only Less, Benipete, and David1 (when he comes over) to terrorise.......that just wouldn't be right :( And anyway Mick bruises easier :D

Oi!!!! what about me and accylass when we come down to the railway .. you terrorise us you know .. why do you think i sit next to less most of the time .. he protects me!!!!:D

LYNX1 04-08-2009 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 733452)
Oi!!!! what about me and accylass when we come down to the railway .. you terrorise us you know .. why do you think i sit next to less most of the time .. he protects me!!!!:D

I thought it was a love thing lol..........but then again this is less we talking about :D

shillelagh 04-08-2009 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNX1 (Post 733453)
I thought it was a love thing lol..........but then again this is less we talking about :D

no one can take my sweetie pies place even though hes all the way up there in grangemouth lynx .. :D:D:D not even cutie pie or cashy dearest can take his place .. :D:D:D

plus theres more room next to less ... he dont take as much room up!!!!:D:D:D

LYNX1 04-08-2009 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 733456)
no one can take my sweetie pies place even though hes all the way up there in grangemouth lynx .. :D:D:D not even cutie pie or cashy dearest can take his place .. :D:D:D

Awwwwwwwwwwww how sweet........you only saying that so Spuggie will be nice to you when he comes down again :D

shillelagh 04-08-2009 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNX1 (Post 733457)
Awwwwwwwwwwww how sweet........you only saying that so Spuggie will be nice to you when he comes down again :D

hes always nice to me .. he gets out of bed and goes along the road and treats me to a maccydees breakfast .. at least once everytime he comes down .. and he does the cooking .. mind you that might be self preservation!!!!:D:D:D

Bagpuss 04-08-2009 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 733384)
I always thought they did it wrong in the Stanley section with the mods being unknown.

We know who the mods in the Stanley section are.

Bagpuss 04-08-2009 20:16

Just think if Mick does decide to call it a day he could spend more time moderating in the Railway.