Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Conservative candidate named. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/conservative-candidate-named-52246.html)

jaysay 26-03-2010 09:22

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800351)
Talking of the Observer, I was genuinely disappointed to see there was nothing about Karen Buckley.

Probably much to the amazement of the AW doubting Thomas's on here, I do want to know more about her.

As someone who genuinely doesn't know who to vote for yet, I've personally researched all the other candidates, who were announced ages ago, and fear time is running out to be won over by the last candidate to be declared.

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:St op it off, you'll have me wetting my pants:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

jaysay 26-03-2010 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 800378)
seems to me "Why" was explained a couple of letters back.:rolleyes:

No cashy that column is about HBC nothing to do with national politics unless they come into contact with HBC, the Column is The Leaders Column, nothing to to with the general election;)

cashman 26-03-2010 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800380)
No cashy that column is about HBC nothing to do with national politics unless they come into contact with HBC, the Column is The Leaders Column, nothing to to with the general election;)

That too me is a real "Cop Out" as its about P.R. n being magnanimous, summat P.B. is totally incapable of IMHO.

Less 26-03-2010 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800380)

I bet there would have been some noticeable exceptions to this, had the choice of candidate fallen to a more, 'Worthy?', head.

:eek:

garinda 26-03-2010 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800379)
:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:St op it off, you'll have me wetting my pants:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your bladder isn't my concern, however if you think that I am in the habit of telling lies, you are wrong.

garinda 26-03-2010 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 800384)
That too me is a real "Cop Out" as its about P.R. n being magnanimous, summat P.B. is totally incapable of IMHO.

In the past he's used his column in the Observer to talk about the General Election, as well as Greg Pope.

Perhaps that's been convieniently forgotton, when coming up with this excuse, defending sour grapes.

:rolleyes:

cashman 26-03-2010 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800393)
In the past he's used his column in the Observer to talk about the General Election, as well as Greg Pope.

Perhaps that's been convieniently forgotton, when coming up with this excuse, defending sour grapes.

:rolleyes:

am aware of that, not having "Tunnel Vision":D

yerself 26-03-2010 09:58

I think you all read a different edition of the Observer to me Not one of you has mentioned the letter Ms. Buckley penned. Titled, Act quickly to stop drugs spreading.

Less 26-03-2010 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800385)
I bet there would have been some noticeable exceptions to this, had the choice of candidate fallen to a more, 'Worthy?', head.

:eek:

Why, Oh, Why, didn't Peters parents Call him Richard?

Somehow calling him Peter Head would be more of an insult to the town than to him.

(Enter Stage left, andrewb to protest about my insulting behaviour, save yourself the effort andrew, it's alright, I can be nasty, I've met him.).
:)

garinda 26-03-2010 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 800401)
I think you all read a different edition of the Observer to me Not one of you has mentioned the letter Ms. Buckley penned. Titled, Act quickly to stop drugs spreading.

Hurrah!

She has got some press coverage.

Though sadly not a prize, for star letter of the week.

Notice she chose not to print her address in Hyndburn, with her letter.

garinda 26-03-2010 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 800407)
Why, Oh, Why, didn't Peters parents Call him Richard?

Somehow calling him Peter Head would be more of an insult to the town than to him.

(Enter Stage left, andrewb to protest about my insulting behaviour, save yourself the effort andrew, it's alright, I can be nasty, I've met him.).
:)

Nice ring to it.

Peterhead and Districts Borough Council.

jaysay 26-03-2010 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800412)
Nice ring to it.

Peterhead and Districts Borough Council.

Thats terribly Rude Garinda:rolleyes:

garinda 26-03-2010 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 800425)
Thats terribly Rude Garinda:rolleyes:

Though some would say not quite as 'incredibly rude' as inferring I was telling lies, when I said I haven't decided how to vote in the forthcoming elections.

I know it's common place for those who are involved within party politics, to accuse those they oppose of being liars, but happily in the circles I move in that isn't the case.

I believe in telling the truth, or I wouldn't bother saying something.

andrewb 26-03-2010 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800260)
By you replying to Wynonie, about me, and posting...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post796961

Some, though not me, might class that as being' incredibly rude' and tactless. Knowing that, as you do, that I have Parkinson's disease, which is both degeneartive and incurable, and thus the reason I have time to do 'nothing better'.

Personally, since you'd joined a group I'd set up for people with Parkinson's, I just found it rather sad, and pathetic. I certainly didn't take offence. Indeed the desparate straws that some people will grasp at, when out of their depth, just made me genuinely chuckle.

I didn't actually name you in my post. I'm glad you see "arguments twisted by some members for the sake of it" as yourself though. I don't believe anybody, ill or not, should go around making the forums unenjoyable by constantly twisting words in members posts. To write what you have done above, and even suggest, that 'nothing better to do' is anything relating to illness is a rather low blow indeed and a completely unfair representation of what I said. It's quite clear that I attributed the repeated negative twisting of arguments to 'nothing better to do', rather than posting in general.

To bring up such unfounded rubbish like this, publicly as well, is quite offensive.

garinda 26-03-2010 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800453)
I didn't actually name you in my post. I'm glad you see "arguments twisted by some members for the sake of it" as yourself though. I don't believe anybody, ill or not, should go around making the forums unenjoyable by constantly twisting words in members posts. To write what you have done above, and even suggest, that 'nothing better to do' is anything relating to illness is a rather low blow indeed and a completely unfair representation of what I said. It's quite clear that I attributed the repeated negative twisting of arguments to 'nothing better to do', rather than posting in general.

To bring up such unfounded rubbish like this, publicly as well, is quite offensive.

You replied to a post, and quoted Wynonie, which named, and discussed myself.

It's there for all to see.

No twisting of words.

You can try and squirm, and back track, but what you said is there, for everyone to read, and people can make their own mind up about what you posted.