Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Conservative candidate named. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/conservative-candidate-named-52246.html)

garinda 23-03-2010 16:18

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 799610)
I know not

Odd, you seemed to know quite a lot earlier in the day.

:rolleyes:

I hope you've not been threatened by the execution squad, for speaking out of turn.

:eek:

Careless talk costs votes.

:D

garinda 23-03-2010 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 799417)
So...has anybody up there spotted Kaz out and about yet? It's like waiting to hear the first cuckoo of Spring, isn't it? :D

They seek her here,
They seek her there,
They seek the elusive Ms. Buckley everywhere.

In the interest of fairness, and so there can be no further accusations that we're not being helpful in this thread, a little bird has told me that Karen Buckley is rumoured to be at Towngate, Great Harwood, this coming Friday lunchtime/early afternoon.

I require no payment, or indeed thanks, for offering this help with her public relations campaign. Since it appears she's not getting 'much' assistance from the local Conservative Association in Hyndburn, I'm more than happy to do it.

Take the opportunity to get to know your Conservative candidate a little better.

Friday.

Karen Buckley.

Great Harwood.

Available for probing.

Less 23-03-2010 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 799639)

Take the opportunity to get to know your Conservative candidate a little better.

Friday.

Karen Buckley.

Great Harwood.

Available for probing.

No Pomp, no Circumstance, just one quick nip over to Gt. Harwood so that she can say she's visited her Potential constituency, though Harrod isn't all there is of Hyndburn.

It will be a little bit like saying I went to Blackpool when you actually mean a different part of the Fylde coast such as Fleetwood.

Would she know that Fleetwood is part of the Fylde Coast? Or do all the decedents of fishwives and Trawler-men make that too working class for her to visit?

Yes, perhaps her first visit to Hyndburn should be to one of the safer areas, she only needs to visit Accrington on May the 7th if she gets in. But perhaps by then she will be too busy representing us to actually spend time getting to know us?

garinda 23-03-2010 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 799671)
No Pomp, no Circumstance, just one quick nip over to Gt. Harwood so that she can say she's visited her Potential constituency, though Harrod isn't all there is of Hyndburn.

Perhaps when they said Arrod, she thought we had a branch of Harrods?

It's an easy mistake, for someone not au fait with the area.

By the way, it's not simply a question of 'a quick nip over' to Snuffy.

As well as the Towngate probing, a Muslim friend of mine from Great Harwood, has been informed at the mosque that she's interested in a meeting with them, facilitated by a former Hyndburn M.P.

So it's nice to hear that she's at least being aided in her campaign by one local Conservative member.

Peace be with you.

garinda 24-03-2010 11:12

On what seems to be a positive endorsement, on a local (on the Fylde coast) political website, she's known by the regal soubriquet of 'Princess Karen'.

counterbalance - Princess Karen MP

That should be seen as a positive attribute, to those in Hyndburn who prefer to be represented by one of their 'betters'.

Queen of people's hearts.

:worthy::notworthy:worthy::notworthy:worthy: :Banane41:

:rolleyes:

garinda 24-03-2010 11:17

'She also has the self control and 'poker face' needed for politics.'

counterbalance - Princess Karen MP

Perhaps the first person to spot her in Hyndburn, could offer further comment.

Eric 24-03-2010 17:21

Wow .... she may show up in Hyndburn:eek: That would be a big %^#*&^@ deal:rolleyes::D

garinda 24-03-2010 23:53

In my role as unofficial P.R. campaigner, can I please make note that the candidate has been to the Viaduct in Accrington, and there's a photograph to prove it.

Karen Buckley for Hyndburn | MyConservatives.com

At the bottom of the page is a thermometer, which will rise until it reaches the £500 target, that has kindly been donated to Ms. Buckley's political fund.

Please give generously. It can't be easy.

Less 25-03-2010 00:18

I think she's lucky to have raised what she has so far,

Do we really want a person that begs off strangers to represent us?

* Target: £500
* Raised: £0

Ken Moss 25-03-2010 06:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 799092)
I for one didn't realise homosexuality could be cured, by means of an exorcism, in Baptist churches in Lytham St. Annes.

You live and learn.

You certainly get value for money at the baptist ceremony in Ansdell, a good two hours come rain or blistering 29 degrees shine....those of you still thanking Jesus at the end deserve medals.

I'm just going to reiterate one of my earlier points that for all the Buckley-bashing that's going on she stands a very, very good chance of winning this one. I'm loath to admit it and I've said the same to Graham (who is down-to-Earth enough to agree with me) but there are a vast number of uninformed voters who simply want to vote Conservative and aren't bothered about who the candidate is.

We have the advantage on this forum of knowing what is going on in Hyndburn but it seems that a worrying majority simply haven't a clue. Token appearances in places like Great Harwood are not going to be the deciding factor, the party representation in the media is what sways people unless they actually get chance to talk to their candidate.

Graham Jones was canvassing with me again last night, knocking door-to-door and talking to the electorate. He is doing the same again in Rishton on Saturday and the general consensus is favourable that they have spoken to the man they are being asked to vote for.

Graham's canvassing campaign is superior by far but I personally believe elections across the board will be a very close call this time, primarily due to the media image of both main parties.

garinda 25-03-2010 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 800002)
...the party representation in the media is what sways people unless they actually get chance to talk to their candidate.

Other than what's been helpfully published on here, there's been little/no press coverage of the Conservative candidate, other than the story of the imposed candidate list, and the ensuing resignations of some bigwigs in the local party.

That's why I'm expecting a thank you, if, and when, she eventually posts, rather than just reads Accy Web.

andrewb 25-03-2010 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 800004)
Other than what's been helpfully published on here, there's been little/no press coverage of the Conservative candidate, other than the story of the imposed candidate list, and the ensuing resignations of some bigwigs in the local party.

That's why I'm expecting a thank you, if, and when, she eventually posts, rather than just reads Accy Web.

I wouldn't bank on it since you've been so incredibly rude to her. Yes she might be a politician, but that's no excuse. Do find something better to do.

Tealeaf 25-03-2010 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800011)
I wouldn't bank on it since you've been so incredibly rude to her. Yes she might be a politician, but that's no excuse. Do find something better to do.

You lay off Garinda. You know you'll only upset him.

Wynonie Harris 25-03-2010 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 800011)

...or then again, she might just be a normal adult who takes the sort of banter she's received on here in her stride as part and parcel of the political rough and tumble. :rolleyes:

andrewb 25-03-2010 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 800018)
...or then again, she might just be a normal adult who takes the sort of banter she's received on here in her stride as part and parcel of the political rough and tumble. :rolleyes:

I'm sure she will. Personally I just think Garinda is being unnecessarily rude.